• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I like the fact Jon isn't the same after his death. Makes no sense he would be. He was honorable and brave and strong and fearless and he was murdered for it. His family was murdered for it. Everyone he knew was killed. And then he sees there is nothing. No god, no heaven, nothing. Just emptiness and he doesn't want to return.

Imagine if Ned could come back right after his beheading. Do you still think he would be the honorable Ned Stark. Or would he think these guys fucked me over for trying to be a decent man and become selfish and brutal etc.

Ned would just carry his head around making bad jokes in Kings landing

"now now cersei, killing his followers is only going to incite animosity, don't get A-head of yourself"

Everybody would love him

duckroll

Ned would just carry his head around making bad jokes in Kings landing

"now now cersei, killing his followers is only going to incite animosity, don't get A-head of yourself"

Everybody would love him

Sounds like Ned Stark comes back to life in the future, grows old, travels back in time, and introduces himself as Pycelle.

Speevy

Banned

blackscreen1logo.jpg

Kozak

Banned
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Maybe not for the average woman, but he has this weird obsession for Cat, and he sees Sansa as a substitute. It would be super awkward to be married to a man who is not only old enough to be your dad, but shouts your mom's name when he's fucking you. :)

Super awkward these days yeah but it was pretty normal to marry some old fucker back in those times. Sure it would be awkward for Sansa, but I would rather try get used to awkward than torture.

I still imagine Petyr to not be such a sexually active guy.

.......we probably shouldn't continue this discussion haha

Where the fuck has Mel been since Winterfell...also in retrospect...why even reveal she's an old naked woman anyway? I mean we get these Riverun scenes and then we spend all of episode 1 with the bloody red woman? This show confuses the fuck out of me.

The idea was that her revealing herself was supposed to be her losing all faith similar to how Thoros lost all faith before he could revive Beric.

Too bad the show only got across: GUYS LOOK SHE'S OLD

Martin has already said that's not true. Why not just accept they're different stories?
Martin also told me there would only be a certain amount of books. And then he changed it.

I have little trust in what he tells me now as he could get inspiration to go a different way and rewrite the whole fucking winds of winter on a whim.

duckroll

Martin also told me there would only be a certain amount of books. And then he changed it.

I have little trust in what he tells me now as he could get inspiration to go a different way and rewrite the whole fucking winds of winter on a whim.

Okay, so then why do you assume that whatever he told the showrunners has any more weight? He could very well just change his mind too. Hence the show contents mean nothing for the books.

KahooTs

I'm sure he can't wait to adapt the D and D genius to book.

Cromwell

Banned
Hopefully it'll surpass the Battle of Blackwater. The Battle of the Wall and the 1st Battle for Winterfell doesn't compare.

For sheer spectacle I don't see anything topping Blackwater until the very end. The wildfire explosion was fucking amazing and something we've never really seen before in any fantasy movie or show.

Kozak

Banned
Ok I just catched up after a 3 year break. Is
Stannis
really dead? I find it weird that they didnt show how he died.

Ya confirmed by Brienne.

No reason for her to lie. In her mind he wasn't a man of honour or courage.

The explanation to not showing how he died was "respect".

I guess there really is no point in showing Brienne beheading him but they could have done some camera techniques like showing the top half of the sword swinging towards the tree and then the blade gets splattered.

Gigglepoo

Ok I just catched up after a 3 year break. Is
Stannis
really dead? I find it weird that they didnt show how he died.

It would be too violent! BTW, some dude got decapitated by an axe this week and another had his head (with spine!) torn off. So, yeah, he's dead and the show sucks at consistency.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do some parkour with my entrails hanging out.

"I think anything beyond that would have been somewhat gratuitous." -- Dude who directed Cercei's Walk of Fucking Shame!

duckroll

Farewell Stannis. Farewell Blackfish. From now on the only deaths we can show on GoT are those of nameless characters. RIP Brotherhood bandits. #Respect

Cromwell

Banned
It would be too violent! BTW, some dude got decapitated by an axe this week and another had his head (with spine!) torn off. So, yeah, he's dead and the show sucks at consistency.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do some parkour with my entrails hanging out.

Benioff-and-Weiss.jpg

Moff

Up until holding the door I think this season was really good, but since then it feels like season 5 dorne has spread to all the other storylines. which is the other way round of how it usually is where all the setup pays off by episode 8, but this was by far the most anticlimatic and worst episode 8 ever. and I am honestly not pumped for the battle of the bastards at all. I don't care about ramsey and it's so obvious that jon will win with littlefingers vale knights. I feel bored already. My only hope is that we get a few nice battle scenes or some interesting twists in the finale. I hope they finish the tower of joy properly.

damn I expected them to finally move forward and do something really big, like euron bringing down the wall or something. with probably only 16 episodes in the show after this season.
the worst thing is that everything still feels rushed althoug nothing happens.

Where the fuck has Mel been since Winterfell...also in retrospect...why even reveal she's an old naked woman anyway? I mean we get these Riverun scenes and then we spend all of episode 1 with the bloody red woman? This show confuses the fuck out of me.

They wanted Davos to bro it up with Jon this season but having Mel about would force them to address the Shireen situation, thus disrupting their story. So Mel found a particularly good book at The Wall and holed up for a few days to finish it.

Gigglepoo

Moff, that's exactly how I feel. First four episodes were good, The Door was great, and now it's become incomprehensible shit. Really sad at how this season has plummeted, and though I doubt a (seemingly) predictable battle could save it, I do still have faith the finale will be great.

I'm a glutton for dick jokes.

Kain

As the days pass I can't help but feel the Blackfish is alive and will appear to help Sansa in the finale or next season. Even D&D are not that incompetent as to kill the character offscreen in such a bullshit lame ass way. Come on, they can be bad pussy bad, or even Barristan dies stupidly bad, but they cannot be the Blackfish dies offscreen bad. I refuse to believe someone was writing the episode and the season AND the fucking endgame and thought this was a good idea. Nope. A thousand nopes.

Then again, if he is indeed alive, that was a cheap and corny way to keep the "mistery" alive to surprise us when he goes and helps Sansa.

Moff

As the days pass I can't help but feel the Blackfish is alive and will appear to help Sansa in the finale or next season. Even D&D are not that incompetent as to kill the character offscreen in such a bullshit lame ass way. Come on, they can be bad pussy bad, or even Barristan dies stupidly bad, but they cannot be the Blackfish dies offscreen bad. I refuse to believe someone was writing the episode and the season AND the fucking endgame and thought this was a good idea. Nope. A thousand nopes.

Then again, if he is indeed alive, that was a cheap and corny way to keep the "mistery" alive to surprise us when he goes and helps Sansa.

yeah I noticed he was left handed in his last scene when he was getting himself ready for a proper sword fight, but in season 3 he was clearly right handed.
it's clear that was not the real blackfish. the real blackfish is already with sansa and jon. absolutely. he is.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I think it's weird people WANT to see people be murdered and act like it's writing 101 or something. Hope ya'll never watch a Hitchcock movie... or this show which has killed several people off camera already and paid it off to great effect w The Hound.

Kozak

Banned
Moff, that's exactly how I feel. First four episodes were good, The Door was great, and now it's become incomprehensible shit. Really sad at how this season has plummeted, and though I doubt a (seemingly) predictable battle could save it, I do still have faith the finale will be great.

I'm a glutton for dick jokes.

Some people are predicting that ep 9 and 10 will be the great cull to accommodate for the shorter season 7 and 8.

I'd love to see them try and pull that off haha

Kain

yeah I noticed he was left handed in his last scene when he was getting himself ready for a proper sword fight, but in season 3 he was clearly right handed.
it's clear that was not the real blackfish. the real blackfish is already with sansa and jon. absolutely. he is.

The Lannister soldier might be lying because the old guy escaped and was ashamed or he was payed off, for example.

Jon will die next week. Sansa kills herself rather than be taken by Ramsay again. Right after she dies, Littlefinger's army arrives, but they bend the knee to Ramsay when they see the situation, and the North is united under Ramsay Bolton, True King in the North. Littlefinger recovers Sansa's body, and forces Mel to bring her back. Lady Stoneheart is born.

I think the borth will remember that the north knows no king then the king in the north whose name is stark

Cabaratier

Neo Member
Picture speculation:
Davos is probably going to have some 'light the beacons' role to play. He'll activate the mass relay to get the Vale/Riverlands/White Harbor army + Nymeria and Ghost to the battlefield unseen.

zer0das

Banned

This could be explained away very easily. Just because someone does most actions with one hand, doesn't mean they do everything with that hand. He could be cross-dominant, which means he changes his hand depending on the task (1% of the population does this). Or he could be ambidextrous.

Or they just mirrored the shot for some reason.

They should make Wun Wun a big chain and ball weapon.
Just give him one of those gigantic axe chain things they swung along the wall at the wildlings. He'd take out half the Bolton army in one sweep.

In reality though, we all know that Ramsay is going to single handedly take Wun Wun down with some Legolas bullshit.

Chuckie

This could be explained away very easily. Just because someone does most actions with one hand, doesn't mean they do everything with that hand. He could be cross-dominant, which means he changes his hand depending on the task (1% of the population does this). Or he could be ambidextrous.

Or they just mirrored the shot for some reason.

Yeah could very well be. I write and draw with my right hand but bow shooting and shooting a gun I do with my left.

I am the 1%!

NeoGiff

What did it adapt?

In the books, Hardhome happens "offscreen", with only rumours and reports coming back to the Wall of what happened there. This plays into the strengths of the written medium, and especially so since we're learning of the events from an introvert and thinker like Jon. The books have the benefit of using mounting paranoia and fear of the unknown, because we have a direct link go the character's thoughts.

In the show, we don't have that luxury. What they did was twofold. Firstly, they focussed in on some of Jon's other qualities - his desire to do the right thing, and his leadership. Secondly, they used the strengths of the visual medium to translate something which had been communicated in a very "booky" language.

In short, they translated something which had relied on the facets of the written medium into something that effectively used the facets of the visual medium. It's quite literally an adaptation.

Kain

In the books, Hardhome happens "offscreen", with only rumours and reports coming back to the Wall of what happened there. This plays into the strengths of the written medium, and especially so since we're learning of the events from an introvert and thinker like Jon. The books have the benefit of using mounting paranoia and fear of the unknown, because we have a direct link go the character's thoughts.

In the show, we don't have that luxury. What they did was twofold. Firstly, they focussed in on some of Jon's other qualities - his desire to do the right thing, and his leadership. Secondly, they used the strengths of the visual medium to translate something which had been communicated in a very "booky" language.

In short, they translated something which had relied on the facets of the written medium into something that effectively used the facets of the visual medium. It's quite literally an adaptation.

I just want to say I miss Varys but your new avatar is magnificent.

Shahadan

I'm guessing Cersei will try to blow everything up and Jaime will be forced to kill her or something. I'm hoping he does it willingly and not "by accident" considering how things are usually filmed.

The High Sparrow has pretty much saved the season at King's Landing. He's the only interesting character doing anything, doubly so now that the badass Queen of Thorns is getting gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom