• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The craziest speculation I've read about the Tower of Joy scene would be Ned enters the room and finds Lyanna in the process of trying to abort Jon. Rhager actually did kidnap and rape her and Ned saves the baby despite Lyanna trying to kill it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The craziest speculation I've read about the Tower of Joy scene would be Ned enters the room and finds Lyanna in the process of trying to abort Jon. Rhager actually did kidnap and rape her and Ned saves the baby despite Lyanna trying to kill it.

Would make "Promise me" turn very, very dark.

Would make "Promise me" turn very, very dark.
I like it.

"Promise me... You won't let this bastard live."

She then dies from wounds from attempting to perform the abortion on herself.

Jayof9s

I don't highlight the spoilers if that is what you are saying.

Sometimes it can be hard to not read a post since you don't realise it is a theory until it is to late.

And oh the horror if someone has a theory and it comes true after they tricked you into reading it. I'm sure that would just absolutely ruin all enjoyment of the show because someone on the internet guessed that was going to happen. /s

SpaceHorror

I like it.

"Promise me... You won't let this bastard live."

She then dies from wounds from attempting to perform the abortion on herself.

It's certainly plausible, I guess. Ties into Ned being furious with Robert for killing Rhaegar's other children. He wouldn't want another child harmed, especially one birthed by his dying sister. Also it makes Rhaegar's motivations a bit darker and more complex. Doing something as despicable as rape for what he sees as the "greater good." Maybe a bit cliche, but less so than Rhaegar being a total good guy with whom Lyanna was ever so in love with. Meaning Robert's hatred was more justified than we may have assumed, as well.

I kind of like it, actually. Not convinced it'll go that way, but it's an interesting theory.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
here is a theory what will happen to mel, but it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to be true so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

mel dies this season because
1. the actress who plays her is pregnant
2. d&d realised she would be heavily pregnant when filming season 7 and that they would not get any more nude scenes out of her, so they decided to write her out
3. they cast the essos red priest as replacement nudity

it all makes sense.

fanboi

Banned
here is a theory what will happen to mel, but it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to be true so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

2. d&d realised she would be heavily pregnant when filming season 7 and that they would not get any more nude scenes out of her, so they decided to write her out

it all makes sense.

I want to have both naked :(

duckroll

Discussing leaks from production reports, previews, interviews, etc is fine as long as they're tagged, and marked appropriately. Discussion actual spoilers from leaked episodes or people who claim to have watched the episodes is frowned upon. They should definitely be tagged if anyone wants to talk about them, but generally the culture of the thread is that most people don't care to talk about that sort of shit.

Speculation and theories on the other hand are completely fine and should not be tagged. Speculate all you want about how Arya was clearly right-handed in whatever scene or that she was clearly staging her injury or whatever, if it makes you feel better about the delusion that the show has good writing. :)

Okay, that was a low blow. :(

mantidor

it all makes sense.

Awful and probably true, my guess is Davos kills her.

fanboi

Banned
Discussing leaks from production reports, previews, interviews, etc is fine as long as they're tagged, and marked appropriately. Discussion actual spoilers from leaked episodes or people who claim to have watched the episodes is frowned upon. They should definitely be tagged if anyone wants to talk about them, but generally the culture of the thread is that most people don't care to talk about that sort of shit.

Speculation and theories on the other hand are completely fine and should not be tagged. Speculate all you want about how Arya was clearly right-handed in whatever scene or that she was clearly staging her injury or whatever, if it makes you feel better about the delusion that the show has good writing. :)

Lol :)

duckroll

Just discussed this with Cornballer, and it's probably more fair to say that we shouldn't have discussion on actual episode leaks at all. Which is so say, the point about leaked episodes and spoiler summaries from vague sources shouldn't be in the thread at all. We don't want any confusion, so even 4chan stuff that seems fake should not be posted if they're intended to be specific spoiler summaries.

duckroll

What's more likely: The Wall crumbling or King's Landing burning?

Well both events are almost certainly going to happen at some point or other. Way too much foreshadowing for them not to happen. I somehow doubt they'll happen this season though. I would be very surprised. Maybe I just stubbornly believe that they will have no money left for that sort of VFX after this coming episode. :p

6Jjb3hF.jpg

Well both events are almost certainly going to happen at some point or other. Way too much foreshadowing for them not to happen. I somehow doubt they'll happen this season though. I would be very surprised. Maybe I just stubbornly believe that they will have no money left for that sort of VFX after this coming episode. :p

Wasn't that budget substantially increased this season? Given we've already had 2 (maybe 3) episodes thus far that I'd call budget friendly, I wouldn't dismiss seeing either just yet.

I'm hoping we see both happen this season, but I'm pretty confident we'll see KL's burn. There's been so much foreshadowing about the wildfire and the Mad King that it wouldn't make sense to not show it happen in episode 10.

I'm not sure the wall coming down would fit into this season, time allotment-wise, as the supposed horn is with Sam, and Bran is still beyond the wall.

Maybe the horn that Sam has is a red herring and the show will instead use the mark that NK gave Bran to bring down the wall, once Bran is allowed to pass under it?

Wasn't that budget substantially increased this season? Given we've already had 2 (maybe 3) episodes thus far that I'd call budget friendly, I wouldn't dismiss seeing either just yet.
EW said it's more than $10 million an episode, but episodes can vary quite a bit based on what's in them.
Have they really used alot of VFX this season? Or is it just me who dont register them? Because it feels they haven't

Virtually anything that isn't an interior scene typically has pretty heavy usage of VFX.

kirblar

I'm hoping we see both happen this season, but I'm pretty confident we'll see KL's burn. There's been so much foreshadowing about the wildfire and the Mad King that it wouldn't make sense to not show it happen in episode 10.

I'm not sure the wall coming down would fit into this season, tine allotment-wise, as the supposed horn is with Sam, and Bran is still beyond the wall.

Maybe the horn that Sam has is a red herring and the show will instead use the mark that NK gave Bran to bring down the wall, once Bran is allowed to pass under it?
The Mark is probably a show-only workaround to whatever actually does it in the books.

fanboi

Banned

I'm not sure the wall coming down would fit into this season, tine allotment-wise, as the supposed horn is with Sam, and Bran is still beyond the wall.

I believe you are correct.

Early next season it will happen I believe, where the onslaught begins from the dead.

duckroll

Have they really used alot of VFX this season? Or is it just me who dont register them? Because it feels they haven't

Any savings they had on other episodes seems like it would go directly towards selling the scale of the upcoming battle. I honestly cannot think of another fight of this scale on the show before, not even in Watchers on the Wall or Hardhome. We're talking huge formations, cavalry charges, etc. 25 days of shooting...

Aurongel

That means their craft has improved immensely if you aren't noticing them. This season has actually been a huge improvement in terms of image quality, cinematography and overall digital compositing. Most backgrounds of scenes are CG composites.

The Mark is probably a show-only workaround to whatever actually does it in the books.

I believe you are correct.

Early next season it will happen I believe, where the onslaught begins from the dead.
I have been guessing that, in the books, Euron is going to sack Oldtown and take the horn for himself. I'm probably way off but, it would seem likely that the guy who claims Dragonbinder would have both horns. Ice & Fire, etc.

Since the show doesn't have Dragonbinder (yet?), maybe the Mark is the key to the Wall crumbling. But they still introduced Euron anyway...so who the hell knows anymore.

The Riverrun scenes are a good example of the pretty great digital work this season. Check out the behind the scenes production video for episodes 7 and 8.

fanboi

Banned
Any savings they had on other episodes seems like it would go directly towards selling the scale of the upcoming battle. I honestly cannot think of another fight of this scale on the show before, not even in Watchers on the Wall or Hardhome. We're talking huge formations, cavalry charges, etc. 25 days of shooting...

Can't wait for next ep.

I was on the fence of watching this season (and prev) since I wanted to wait for the book... but yeah... I would be a grandfather before it was released, and I Think that they have gone quite different paths, sure major story lines are probaby the same in the coming book but still.

That means their craft has improved immensely if you aren't noticing them. This season has actually been a huge improvement in terms of image quality, cinematography and overall digital compositing. Most backgrounds of scenes are CG composites.

Yeah, there where some scenes which stood out more then others, but other than that it has been high quality.

fanboi

Banned
Also, who would like to have a series dedicated to Jamie and Bronn traveling around Westeros and fighting the good fight? I sure do.

Jayof9s

I've been fully expecting the wall to fall down ever since Jon's parting comment of "don't let the wall fall while I'm away" or whatever it was. Hard to say if it will be this season but that would be a pretty shocking end of Episode 10 and fitting for the episode name.

Just discussed this with Cornballer, and it's probably more fair to say that we shouldn't have discussion on actual episode leaks at all. Which is so say, the point about leaked episodes and spoiler summaries from vague sources shouldn't be in the thread at all. We don't want any confusion, so even 4chan stuff that seems fake should not be posted if they're intended to be specific spoiler summaries.

duckroll

Also, who would like to have a series dedicated to Jamie and Bronn traveling around Westeros and fighting the good fight? I sure do.

Can we have Bronn and Pod instead? Better comedy routine, and a more heartwarming story about a thug mentoring a dork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom