• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax3901

I mean, we saw her with Drogon under her control a few episodes ago when she gave the big speech to the Dothraki. And again she got onto the pyramid because of riding Drogon.

It made sense to me that the other two were just following their brother more than anything.

Sure, but that was my problem. She gets captured by the dothraki, escapes, sees Drogon over a hill and then comes back riding him. What changed?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If Tommen dies then who will Daenerys fight?
The Tyrells and Mad Queen Cersei. They probably won't be working together at that point but that's not gonna stop Dany the Conqueror from trying to march through the Reach. It's probably why Sam's dad was introduced and why Olenna was sent back to the Reach (well that and to save Diana Rigg from Cersei's wildfire terrorism next episode).

Furoba

Loved thIs episode but that surround was bullshit. D&d claim they were inspired by the Battle of Cannae, but there you had a numerically superior force pushing the center back, while slowly and unknowingly being enveloped from the flanks.
There's supposed to be a chaotic melee hn the center, but like magic Jon's force is left in the middle, easily surrounded by heavy infantry.
I get that ramsey basically had the initial attacking force slaughtered, but shouldn't the lighter force be more mobile?

Speevy

Banned
I rewatched Hardhome, there was near zero actually sword fighting between the two.

To be fair, Jaime is called the greatest swordsman in Westeros on several occasions and wins zero fights on the show.

Stannis is called the greatest general in Westeros and loses both battles he actually planned to fight.

They actually made Ramsay the little pussy we all knew he was to begin with. We can just erase the shirtless ironborn fight from our memories.

Gigglepoo

The Tyrells and Mad Queen Cersei. They probably won't be working together at that point but that's not gonna stop Dany the Conqueror from trying to march through the Reach. It's probably why Sam's dad was introduced and why Olenna was sent back to the Reach (well that and to save Diana Rigg from Cersei's wildfire terrorism next episode).

This episode showed the Dany has restraint. She made peace with Osha and only burned one slaver ship. There's no reason to believe now that she'll indiscriminately conquer Westeros without first talking to those in charge to figure out terms of surrender.

Jethro

I will never understand why characters like Rickon do not run in different directions all the time or even backwards instead of straight in line.

Black_Sun

so if the Jon Snow Theory turns out to be true (beeing a Tagaryen) how will it help and/or affect him?

He can't prove that he is a Tagaryen

i hope next weeks episode will show the tower scene again.

It will affect him emotionally.

I shouldn't affect him politically.

He looks nothing like Rhaegar, he has no proof, he'd look like another ambitious bastard, his word is already suspicious as a result of deserting the NW and Ned Stark claimed him as his own.

One of the reasons "Aegon" exists in the books it to forever put to rest that Jon will use his newfound parentage to take the throne.

Aegon has one of Rhaegar's best friends verifying who he is and backing him and "Aegon" actually looks like Rhaegar.

No one is gonna go for Jon being another hidden son of Rhaegar that conveniently showed up after a power vacuum shows up

I will never understand why characters like Rickon do not run in different directions all the time or even backwards instead of straight in line.

I guess watching him wait for Ramsay to loose, then running 10 yards perpendicular each time, would have been less dramatic.

Of course, the flawed logic also cheapens the drama, but what ya gonna do?

Speevy

Banned

hqdefault.jpg

The likelihood of shooting someone through the heart at that distance is zero, and Ramsay's archers hit him anyway. He wasn't surviving that regardless.

Black_Sun

Why would the Tyrells fight Daenerys? With Tommen dead, they have no stake in the game of thrones.

Randyll's probably been introduced to fight Euron at Oldtown.

And Cersei would have a very depleted Lannister army to fight Daenerys.

He can't prove it unless the dragons only allow people of targaryen blood to ride them or some shit.

Or mysterious hand maiden who was hiding in the corner of the room when young Ned took him comes out and tells the truth x amount of years later.

Howland Reed was there at the Tower of Joy. He knows if a baby came out of there or not.

grandjedi6

This episode showed the Dany has restraint. She made peace with Osha and only burned one slaver ship. There's no reason to believe now that she'll indiscriminately conquer Westeros without first talking to those in charge to figure out terms of surrender.
At Tyrion's insistence

But I'm sure the show will make up some reason for Olenna to refuse Dany. I imagine Randyll "I hate Wildlings" Tarly and other members of the Reach aren't going to be too pleased at the Dothraki hanging around. Could be as simple as that.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder how they're going to
play the Twins.

There's a reason everyone's gathered there. They don't just have scenes of characters celebrating things.

The easiest thing I can think of is Arya appearing with another face and killing Walder and his sons.

They can't kill everyone there.

Cromwell

Banned
At Tyrion's insistence

But I'm sure the show will make up some reason for Olenna to refuse Dany. I imagine Randyll "I hate Wildlings" Tarly and other members of the Reach aren't going to be too pleased at the Dothraki hanging around. Could be as simple as that.

Tyrion the MVP of the series as usual.

I wonder how they're going to
play the Twins.

There's a reason everyone's gathered there. They don't just have scenes of characters celebrating things.

The easiest thing I can think of is Arya appearing with another face and killing Walder and his sons.

They can't kill everyone there.

This is totally happening.

mandiller

He looks nothing like Rhaegar, he has no proof, he'd look like another ambitious bastard, his word is already suspicious as a result of deserting the NW and Ned Stark claimed him as his own.

One of the reasons "Aegon" exists in the books it to forever put to rest that Jon will use his newfound parentage to take the throne.

Aegon has one of Rhaegar's best friends verifying who he is and backing him and "Aegon" actually looks like Rhaegar.

No one is gonna go for Jon being another hidden son of Rhaegar that conveniently showed up after a power vacuum shows up

They'll believe he's a Targ when Dany captures him and gets one of her dragons to kill him by breathing fire on him. When the survives and jumps on the back of the dragon and flies away it'll be pretty clear

/dream

Daemul

The fuck have Sam and Wildling girl (10 years of following the series and I still can't remember her name) disappeared to? Sam stole the sword and then they fucked off. Has he even gone to the Citadel? Talking about the Citadel, is the Faceless Man Conspiracy(terrible fan name) going to happen on the show? Why is Jaqen at the Citadel?

jdstorm

Banned
I'm more interested in whether Tyrion will tell Theon about Littlefinger betraying Ned. Because Theon would then try to tell Sansa and....

I'm pretty sure Sansa got the message about Littlefinger being untrustworthy when she saw him throw her aunt out of the moon door. Not Sure Sansa knowing about the specifics of Neds demise (which was his own fault in the show) would change much

Aurongel

The fuck have Sam and Wildling girl (10 years of following the series and I still can't remember her name) disappeared to? Sam stole the sword and then they fucked off.

I believe it was implied that he was going to try bringing her to the citadel. Stealing his dad's sword seems super idiotic though.

Speevy

Banned
I'm curious about

what the High Sparrow would know about Cersei and Jaime's incest beyond just hearsay, or if they're even going to get to that.

The likelihood of shooting someone through the heart at that distance is zero, and Ramsay's hit him anyway.

Yeah, the hit he made defied all sense of possibility. That would be a lucky shot for Legolas. Oh well, fantasy.

Also, Rasmey has the shot and kills Wun Wun instead of John, who's standing right there.

Gigglepoo

The fuck have Sam and Wildling girl (10 years of following the series and I still can't remember her name) disappeared to? Sam stole the sword and then they fucked off. Has he even gone to the Citadel? Talking about the Citadel, is the Faceless Man Conspiracy(terrible fan name) going to happen on the show? Why is Jaqen at the Citadel?

The Faceless Men are done. In the books, I assume Jaqen is trying to get his hands on one of the maester's secret books (how to tame dragons?) or procuring a glass candle. On the show, the organization will go down as an inept force that's down to just one remaining member. Oh, and that one guy is a complete idiot.

I'm curious about

what the High Sparrow would know about Cersei and Jaime's incest beyond just hearsay, or if they're even going to get to that.

It's in the High Sparrow's interest to forget about the whole incest thing. He wouldn't want to delegitimize his puppet

Lol no. As much as I would like to see Marwyn they aren't adding another thread this late.

Sam is still going to the Citadel. He'll meet with some maesters for sure though I doubt Marwyn will matter. The maester will probably be unnamed on the show but we'll find out from twitter that the actor was really playing Marwyn. Kind of like Lem Lemoncloak or Damphair.

ryseing

Sam is still going to the Citadel. He'll meet with some maesters for sure though I doubt Marwyn will matter. The maester will probably be unnamed on the show but we'll find out from twitter that the actor was really playing Marwyn. Kind of like Lem Lemoncloak or Damphair.

I think Sam stealing his dad's sword put the brakes on him going to the Citadel. I assume we'll see him back North sooner rather than later.

He can't prove it unless the dragons only allow people of targaryen blood to ride them or some shit.

Or mysterious hand maiden who was hiding in the corner of the room when young Ned took him comes out and tells the truth x amount of years later.

So there has to be a reason why GRRM kept this as a secret all this years (if its really true)

if it doesn't affect him politically, it will have to be connected to the Fight with the White Walkers - maybe him beeing Azor Ahai (Blood of Fire (Targaryen) and Ice (Stark)
Power of Warging and riding Dragons

grandjedi6

The show hasn't really let characters (not named Gendry) just go away and be in peace. It wouldn't surprise me if Jaqen reappeared in Old Town next season. They need to find someway to kill him off after all.

Ithil

I'm assuming some of the other big northern houses were playing a game of "wait and see". Still though, the whole region would be massively depopulated, especially of fighting age men. Between:

-Much of Robb's army being massacred at the Red Wedding.
-Ironborn raiding and ransacking much of the North with impunity.
-Boltons' sacking of Winterfell and retaking of regions from the Ironborn.
-Large-scale wildling raids.
-The Night's Watch essentially being wiped out as a force between the Fist of the First Men and the attack on the Wall.
-Stannis' army arriving, scattering or eliminating a huge wildling force, but wiped out by hunger (and 20 good men lol).
-Much of the wildlings massacred at Hardhome before they could join the fray.
-And now yet another destructive battle which whittled down both sides of not far off 10,000 men.

Add onto what I'd assume is considerable seasonal migration to the south once winter starts, and you're talking about one heck of a depopulated region.
Westeros in general (except Dorne and the Reach where there wasn't any fighting) was severely depopulated during the series so far. Not just armies from all the kingdoms, especially the North as you pointed out, but the general population particularly in the Riverlands has been reduced heavily from towns and villages being ransacked by Ironborn or deserters or the Brave Companions, etc.

Hell it's still going on in the books and show both, all the marauding and raiding. Couple that with much of the wilding population beyond the Wall falling to the Others and Westeros in a weak state, overall.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Good episode in a vacuum but it's clear time, space and
plot
is being compressed to railroad the show to where it needs to go to wrap up in a timely manner. People showing up in the nick of time, crossing continents in mere days, sailing around the world with nary a concern.

Black_Sun

Westeros in general (except Dorne and the Reach where there wasn't any fighting) was severely depopulated during the series so far. Not just armies from all the kingdoms, especially the North as you pointed out, but the general population particularly in the Riverlands has been reduced heavily from towns and villages being ransacked by Ironborn or deserters or the Brave Companions, etc.

Hell it's still going on in the books and show both, all the marauding and raiding. Couple that with much of the wilding population beyond the Wall falling to the Others and Westeros in a weak state, overall.

That's not really true.

The Vale, Reach and Dorne have been unaffected by the wars so far.

The Riverlands has been wrecked.

The North has been bad in some areas but good in others. Most of the population of the North is on the east coast away from the fighting after all.

The Westerlands should be fine. Robb didn't raze villages to the ground.

The Iron Islands haven't been touched.

The Crownlands didnt send much troops in to help the Lannisters or Stannis. It's just KL that's been devastated.

The Stormlands should be middling. They were the ones that got wrecked at the Battle of Blackwater.

Apt101

Rewatching the episode now. I love how the camera pans across Baelish and Sansa and Petyr gives his trademark smile, then Sansa looks down on Jon in something resembling pity. Then it shows Ramsay and the promise of victory and Sansa flashes the same manner of smile.

She's going to be the conqueror I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom