• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why did Tommen jump like it was nothing.

Art imitates art.

fcqWvjH.gif

Severance

I was waiting for Cersei to lose it, but I really loved how they showed restraint with a more subtle descent into madness. Bring on next season. I'm looking forward to the dynamic between Jaime and Cersei. I imagine there will be a big falling out between them. The only part of Cersei's prophecy left to come true is her dying at the hands of the valonqar. How fitting.. first Jaime slays the mad king, and perhaps now the mad queen.

I wonder what Littlefinger will do now. He has been the mastermind behind all the major events leading up to this point. Almost everything has gone his way, and now it has grown out of his control. Lots of possibilities here. While Cersei's fate seems predictable, I haven't the slightest clue how Littlefinger, Jon and Sansa in the north will play out.

The only thing I was left wanting in the finale is one last scene with the white walkers and the wall. They didn't get much play this season other than hold the door, but I guess the last two seasons will be all about them. Also, no Euron at all? They really need to bring him out in all his glory next season. I hope they do him justice

Speevy

Banned
great finale

R plus l equals j

Burn the mall

Tommen fulfilling his destiny

Kingindanorf

Teleporty Mctwirlerson wants the iron throne

Frey pies

Bad pussies told to shut up

Old town is Hogwarts

Fantastic episode. Easily the best the show has been since season 4.

Technically the best episode to date. The cinematography, score and pacing were all fantastic.

Best season finale ever? Heck, one of the best episodes ever?

That opening sequence

Cersei blowing up the Sept

"Confess! Shame!"

Olenna shutting the Bad Pussies DOWN

"Barbara"

Arya avenging Cat and Robb

Tyrion's best scene of the season

Lyanna Mormont once again being a boss

"Thekingindanorf"

R+L=J confirmed

Cersei the fucking QUEEN

----

I need to be up for work in 4 hours but I can't even contemplate sleeping. Fuck.
My only criticism is that the final two scenes should have been switched. Everyone was expecting Dany sailing to Westeros to be the season ender, and as epic as it was, ending instead with Cersei crowning herself queen would have been something nobody saw coming. Still...direction, acting, music, visuals...all superb. Bravo, D&D.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The funniest thing GRRM could do at this point is just leave Jon dead in TWOW.

phaonaut

That was one of the best season finales I've ever seen. Combined with the last episode... whew. What a way to wrap up the season.

I actually thought of this exact gif lol

Came off as comedic.

I actually found it surprising, I thought he was going to close the windows to block out the cries and screaming coming from the distance.

I was waiting for Cersei to lose it, but I really loved how they showed restraint with a more subtle descent into madness. Bring on next season. I'm looking forward to the dynamic between Jaime and Cersei. I imagine there will be a big falling out between them. The only part of Cersei's prophecy left to come true is her dying at the hands of the valonqar. How fitting.. first Jaime slays the mad king, and perhaps now the mad queen.

I wonder what Littlefinger will do now. He has been the mastermind behind all the major events leading up to this point. Almost everything has gone his way, and now it has grown out of his control. Lots of possibilities here. While Cersei's fate seems predictable, I haven't the slightest clue how Littlefinger, Jon and Sansa in the north will play out.

The only thing I was left wanting in the finale is one last scene with the white walkers and the wall. They didn't get much play this season other than hold the door, but I guess the last two seasons will be all about them. Also, no Euron at all? They really need to bring him out in all his glory next season. I hope they do him justice
Next season will be Euron's time to shine. I'm excited.

dsp

I wanted to see Cersie burn something down and it surpassed my expectations. That the fucking music. Loved it.

#teamcersei even doe I really can't see a happy ending there lol. Jaime is sooo gonna kill her.

I cannot believe they killed Mace the Ace ;-;

Manderly was totally lame tho. I'd rather him replace the Glover scene and give dat speech when Sansa+Jon are begging for his troops.

Also I REALLY don't know why they got rid of Doran unless they for some reason really wanted for Dany force to be 100% girl power (Dany+Olenna+Ellaria+Yara)

Is there anything from the books yet to spoil? Or are we finally free from the book plotlines?

With the exception of a few scenes I think we've been clear of book territory for a long time now. Edit - or at least we've had a spark notes version.

I'd be shocked if TWoW resembles this season bar a few scenes.

Hmm I hope Jon's history becomes public. Sam can send out mass pigeons from the Citadel.

Can we start shipping Jon with Dany? So what if she is his aunt. Targs marry their siblings.

I wonder if the inevitable Battle for King's Landing will be a reverse of the first time round:

-Jamie, now head of House Lannister, is supposed to enter the besieged city with his army and relieve Cersei, but instead doesn't.

Cersei. in her madness, burns King's Landing to the ground, screaming "Burn them all!" as the flames engulf her.

I feel like he has to change something major now. Not that R+L=J hasn't been telegraphed since the first book but the reveal has kind of been ruined now. Poor GRRM.

He has no one to blame but himself.

It's interesting that in episode 9, Davos and Tormond both said Jon is no king, then this episode everyone starts chanting king of the north. They had to be going "what the fu-?" Haha.

Madness

Jesus Christ. What a phenomenal ending. This season had its highs and lows, but goddamn did it deliver. I mean, I know I'm still hot on the post show high, but goddamn. These last two episodes deliver. I am so ready for next season.

The writing has probably been the worst ever. I used to think GRRM took too much credit for the success and that the show improved on a lot of his stories. But now that the show has surpassed the books, it is fairly obvious that when they don't already have the story spelled out they struggle in the show. It is easy to dissect and improve something when it exists but when you have to create out of thin air, the story struggles. This is very evident in the story of Dorne and Mereen etc.

I liked the last two episodes but from an action and acting point of view. Everything could be predicted. So many of us predicted almost all major plot points because of they have have literally spelled it out.

literal 10/10 episode

- baked freys

- cersei basking in her over the top evilness, I loved that outfit

- R + L = J, I'm guessing the whisper was his real name?

- book Jaime is alive!!!!

Neifirst

Where did Benjen leave Meera and Bran?

I guess somewhat close to the Wall since he said it had spells to ward off the undead and such. Strange they didn't show it in the background. I thought maybe it was the weirwood tree where Jon & Sam took their oaths since it wouldn't be too far from Castle Black.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Great episode! I must say I enjoyed the the season more because I didn't read the book it was based on.

The question is, will Winds of Winter come out before the next season? Is this a first for a tv show?

I mean it happens all the time in anime, but I don't recall a show moving ahead the books like this in the us.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Cool part of the Arya thing is how you think she was flirting with Jamie but then you realize Jamie was close to getting got tonight too.

I'd be disappointed if Euron is a major antagonist next season, just deal with him swiftly.

He's had very little build up at all. Discussing the series with family over the weekend; they needed reminding who he was. They were excited when I described book Euron, but I doubt see anything close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom