• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it the more I feel they really mishandled Arya this season. I just find it hard to believe the violent murderous sociopath that bakes people into pies and enjoys watching her enemies choke on their own blood before her is the same girl that I was watching the last 9 episodes.

No way in hell that Jon and Dany get married. Jon only cares about stopping the Others, he could give two shits about King's Landing.

Dany on the other hand has such a lust for power and being queen, it could potentially be her downfall.

The two are complete opposites (yes fire and ice), but GoT isn't going to end on a happy marriage that saves everything. We still don't even know why the Others are invading and doing all this shit. Maybe man fucked shit up and now the Others are getting their payback. There's still so much we don't know. Honestly, I don't really care too much about the kings and stuff, more about the Others and their backstory, lore, and motivations.

Zabka

Are you talking about the first ride down? That wasn't till like a few episodes in.

When Caitlyn went down it was at least a couple episodes.

It wasn't on this level then. But that's because they had the good book writing to back them up on the plot structure.

They left Winterfell in the second episode of the series and arrived at King's Landing in the third.

By the fourth episode Tyrion made it to Castle Black, back to Winterfell and then down to the Inn at the Crossroads.

People have been all over the place in the show from the beginning.

Artdayne

This is one of the best seasons of the show, IMO. There were some low points to be sure but it also had some of the best episodes of the series.

Tuck

So I'm confused about Varys - he was in the lasts scene. But also in Dorne? Was that a mistake or did he just fast travel across the word or...?

LordCanti

Refresh my memory from the books. What's the vision of Arya's demise?

Wasn't it something like her clutching Needle in the snow or something?

It was less of a vision and more of a thing Jon said that some people think will come true because he didn't knock on wood after he said it.

(That she'd use needles (to sow) all through winter and that they'd find her frozen body when Spring came, still holding (a) needle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzOpXpMgEzU

Interesting that Sophie's take on Sansa in the end is that she
is a bit agitated that she doesnt get any credit for whats gone down
. I wonder what meaning that look she gives to LF is then-- I'm sure she knows she'd be a better ruler than Jon.

Yeah I've been watching the youtube clips on HBO and a few actors and the showrunners spoke about Jon and Sansa's relationship and such and that it was something to watch. I didn't get that from the final scene at all. She seemed happy enough at the whole King in the North thing before her eyes met LF and she realized LF would have a real problem with the whole King in the North thing. That was my take anyway.

I really hope that doesn't go anywhere. It'd be nice if Sansa kind of mirrored Dany giving up Daario by doing what is best for everyone and not just herself (even if Dany is going to Westeros strictly for herself). There's also the whole "army of the undead" thing that makes concerns like "who is in charge" kind of ridiculous anyway.

So I'm confused about Varys - he was in the lasts scene. But also in Dorne? Was that a mistake or did he just fast travel across the word or...?

Olenna Tyrell and Varys are in Dorne some time after the wildfire explosion and the scene on the boats is some time after that when the Dornish fleet has been added to the Targaryen one.

The more I think about it the more I feel they really mishandled Arya this season. I just find it hard to believe the violent murderous sociopath that bakes people into pies and enjoys watching her enemies choke on their own blood before her is the same girl that I was watching the last 9 episodes.

Uh, yea? Remember what she did to Meryn Trant, or that dude that had her sword? She takes great pleasure in killing the people she hates/on her list

hydruxo

Dorne ships were in Dany's fleet, so some time has probably elapsed since Varys' visit to Dorne and he caught up with Dany

Ya know I'm kinda salty that Jon got named king and Sansa didn't. Like, Winterfell is hers. They spent the whole season building up to her retaking her birthright only for her to get shafted by someone who has no claim. Only because he's Ned Stark's "son".

Keep on screwing the women over, D&D.

Ya know I'm kinda salty that Jon got named king and Sansa didn't. Like, Winterfell is hers. They spent the whole season building up to her retaking her birthright only for her to get shafted by someone who has no claim. Only because he's Ned Stark's "son".

I mean, you do have Queen Cersei wrecking shit, Queen Dany on her way, and Yara, plus Lady Mormont the badass

Lol what are you talking about

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Granted, there's no real reason to nitpick this stuff, but for a series that built its reputation on meticulous pragmatism, this is a betrayal of ASOIAF's core ethos. Exciting, sure, but good writing this ain't. Any pretense of narrative complexity is gone. It's no different from any number of medieval fantasy crowd pleasers now.
Let's be real, this show is a soap opera that people convince themselves is worth watching because everyone has British accents and people with swords. But it basically has the same complexity as an arc of Coronation Street.

golem

Watch the video i posted above, she was salty too

Arkeband

Banned

oh please.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Fast travel, but then again, that armada did have some Dorne ships in it, so who knows exactly where the fleet is. Is it just out of port from Mereen? Did the fleet up closer to Dorne? See you in a year!

I'd be pissed if Arya doesn't kill Cersei. Of the main ones she needed to kill, she's the only one left. Though honestly, Sansa might get her 1st and only kill in Cersei (unless you count Ramsey and the open kennel trick.

One of Cersei's main goal, will probably try to destroy Sansa and the north, question will be will she leave before or after The Dragon Armada shows up.

We have cersei and dani not to mention the bad Pussies and their allegiance with the new woman lead tyrells. Not exactly screwing women over entirely.

Or because Robb made him his heir

frontovik

Banned
Great finale for Season 6. It was certainly better than last year's. The destruction of the Sept of Baelor, Arya's revenge, and the King in the North were the highlight scenes!

HBO should continue to retain Miguel Sapochnik to direct more episodes, he has shown his talent!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I always find it funny that every time I see littlefinger I think to myself "this fucker started everything " I wonder how many show watchers forget that.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who laughed out loud at this, IDK if anyone else has done it yet but I had to.

9Fz5S1i.gif

EDIT: I also did an abandon thread version... It's nice that it loops as well as it does, could be a bit better but close enough.

Tuck

Amazing finale. 9/10 episodes were great this season. Definitely a step up from last season, even if this season had to work with the mistakes they made last year.

That whole scene at the beginning was wonderfully done. The music, and just the way it was shot. Poor Margery - she realized it was a trap and the High Sparrow's idiocy screwed her.

I think it was a mistake to not show Kevan being more useful. he died anyways, but it would have been more impactful closer to the way it was portrayed in the books.

Didn't expect Tommen to jump like that. Pretty decent way to kill the character.

Arya's plot continues to feel mishandled. Honestly the river lands in general - this is beating a dead horse, but I think they should have kept LSH. They've been trying to piece together the river lands plot line without her and it just falls flat. And its not clear where Arya lies exactly - she used a face, so I guess she is still a part of the faceless men - even though her actions go explicitly contrary to their function. She isn't no one, yet somehow is still a faceless man. Also, faceless men aren't allowed to kill people they know. Though i guess it could be argued that Arya and Frey did not really know each other, but I think thats a bit of a loop hole.

Lol @ them not letting us hear what Lyanna said to Ned, but the way they confirmed Jon is her son was really well done. Nice bit of editing/directing.

Scene at the end was cool too. Booming score, and a nice wide shot of the ships. We've finally left Mereen - I doubt we will see the second sons again. We're into the final stretch ladies and gentleman!

Turin

Banned

Yeah. They're both in such a weird place right now. I'm really not feeling it.

It doesn't make any sense for Dorne to have met Dany at Meereen or even to meet her halfway. All she has to do is meet them at Dorne itself, then they can sail up the coast to KL. What Lannister navy is going to oppose Dany arriving at Sunspear? The only reason to send Dorne's ships to her is to buff up the size of the fleet to look impressive for the big finish.

But that's a throwaway shot and I blame the showrunners for it, not the director.

Tuck

Dorne ships were in Dany's fleet, so some time has probably elapsed since Varys' visit to Dorne and he caught up with Dany

Ahh gotcha ok. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention - I just instinctively thought that shot was of Dany leaving Mereen. Feel like it would have made more sense that way but whatever.

It's funny because it's the exact same shit as the it crowd one

Lol yep, my mind instantly went there.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber

The one who has literally been training to be a killing machine since the start of the show?

The same one whose idea of a comfort blanket is easing herself to sleep by repeating the names of people she wanted to murder?

Yeah, left field stuff, for sure.

Massa

It doesn't make any sense for Dorne to have met Dany at Meereen or even to meet her halfway. All she has to do is meet them at Dorne itself, then they can sail up the coast to KL. What Lannister navy is going to oppose Dany arriving at Sunspear? The only reason to send Dorne's ships to her is to buff up the size of the fleet to look impressive for the big finish.

But that's a throwaway shot and I blame the showrunners for it, not the director.

Who do you blame for that comically bad suicide scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom