• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWDOKEN

You know for a MASTER PLAN to work you actually have to do something. Marry Arianne to Viserys, good idea! Maybe you should tell Viserys about it or send him some counsel or something to steer him towards you. Viserys dies.

Marry Quentyn to Dany, ok decent fallback idea. She is all the way in Meereen perhaps you could give your son a ship and a decent number of competent men. Oh he is hitch hiking with sell swords, huh.

But another Targ shows up that Doran didn't know about.

Marry Arianne to fAegon. Ok this is getting desperate...

So really is a plan actually didn't involve him doing anything apart from sitting around doing nothing. That is how I plan as well so I have some sympathy.

Man, that pic is so bad. Why is Areo calling Doran "Massa"? Oh that's right, it's because he's black...

hoos30

You know for a MASTER PLAN to work you actually have to do something. Marry Arianne to Viserys, good idea! Maybe you should tell Viserys about it or send him some counsel or something to steer him towards you. Viserys dies.

Marry Quentyn to Dany, ok decent fallback idea. She is all the way in Meereen perhaps you could give your son a ship and a decent number of competent men. Oh he is hitch hiking with sell swords, huh.

But another Targ shows up that Doran didn't know about.

Marry Arianne to fAegon. Ok this is getting desperate...

So really is a plan actually didn't involve him doing anything apart from sitting around doing nothing. That is how I plan as well so I have some sympathy.

There was no plan. GRRM wrote Doran's speech to save that wretched book.

Faddy

Banned
More on the premiere ratings from Joe Adalian, NY Mag:

Season premiere of #GameofThrones averaged 9.6M L+3 viewers. That's down from last season's 10.1M L+3 opener.

Does that mean Live plus 3 repeats? That is still pretty good considering HBO are pushing their Now and Go services that will reduce people watching on cable.

Does that mean Live plus 3 repeats? That is still pretty good considering HBO are pushing their Now and Go services that will reduce people watching on cable.
Yes. iirc, that's anyone that watched on HBO either live or a recording off of their DVR during the first three days, including repeats. It doesn't include on-demand and HBOGo/Now.

Bigby

ThzsZjt.png

http://beautifuldeath.com/post/143588670593

How far south do you think the White Walkers get before they are defeated? I think they get all the way down to Kings Landing and they are defeated either that or they are defeated at Winterfell.

- NCW interview with the NY Post
- Lena Headey itnerview with Parade Magazine
- Watchers panel discussion on "The Dorne Dilemma"

Will be very interested in this weeks ratings, everyone but one person I talked with about the show this week said it wasn't a great episode...
There are a lot of different factors that impact ratings, and they don't tend to move too much based on week to week in-show events. We'll have a better picture in a few weeks as to how things are trending overall.

what the hell is going to stop an army of white walkers?

I don't know but I will be pleasantly shocked that at the end of the show you have the Night's King sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of Game of Thrones. Storyline wise for the show, the show runners will probably not have the White Walkers win. The coolest thing about the show is the White Walkers. I wish they were in every episode.

Brakke

Banned
Ha! Nice one. Martin is known for just shitting out books without any thought for plot details, isn't he?

He's certainly known for taking good ideas and then writing himself into corners and getting trapped there with no real plan for getting out within several thousand pages. See also "The Meereenese Knot". The plot spent a ton of time in Dorne and with Quentyn and has nothing to show for it.

This is the post from tv show - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202155245&postcount=2269

Impressions of Season 6 - Episode 1.
Fantastic episode. It did exactly what it was suppose to do. Moved the chess pieces a little bit forward and gave us a taste of what to expect for the rest of the season. I loved it.

Speculation
***This may contain spoilers if you haven’t watched the Official Lore videos on the GoT Blu-Ray.***

As you read this keep in mind that I completed my 4th rewatch of the series on Saturday night. I also watched the lore again on Sunday before the premiere.

Jon Snow Death Scene in Season 5
When Jon dies at the end of Season 5, we see his blood begin to pool around his body. The Stark music that’s playing in the background eventually turns ominous and we are left with Jon’s lifeless body staring back at us. His blood is then seen flowing vertically up the screen and then the scene cuts to black. Some people thought the blood was in the shape of a howling wolf while others saw Jon’s pupils change. I watched the scene a few times as soon as the episode ended but didn’t see anything. However, every scene on this show has a purpose. The director could have easily just focused on Jon lying their motionless but instead they included his flowing blood in the scene. I eventually bookmarked it and placed it in the back of my mind.

MCJFnfz.gif

Jon Snow Season 6
When the show opens we are placed in the same spot we left off in Season 5, however a few hours have passed and Jon’s blood has now dried and been absorbed by the snow. Davos discovers his lifeless body and his it taken away. He then looks back at Jon’s blood as if he sees something (this moment made me realize that something was definitely happening here). Not only does Davos look back at the blood but the music also changes (music foreshadowing?).

MK7l7ql.gif

On my second rewatch of the S6E1 I paused it at this scene and tried to figure out what the outline of his blood looked like. Then it hit me…
it looks like someone holding a sword!!!

*Hidden behind link to prevent possible spoilers*
http://i.imgur.com/vVFjYEG.jpg

The first thing that came to mind was the GoT lore about The Lord of Light. So I went back and watched it and sure enough, if you rotate the image of the person holding a woman’s body and Lightbringer horizontally, the outline looks exactly like the shape of the bloodstain in the snow.

*Hidden behind links to prevent possible spoilers*
http://i.imgur.com/mCLNdDI.gif

Looking back at Season 5, it appears that the blood going vertically up the screen at the end of the season was the sword “being raised” with Jon’s death. Melisandre (and all of us) read the prophecy wrong. Lightbringer isn’t a sword (the one she gave Stannis in S2E1) it’s a person. The blood in the snow is some sort of religious phenomenon (sort of like the Virgin Mary seen in the clouds or on a piece of toast). During the narration of the lore scene Thoros of Myr mentions that Lightbringer will be forged from the lifeblood of a loving wife’s heart. Keywords — forged from blood.
I’m now 100% convinced that Jon will be return as Westeros’ champion (If Melisandre or any other priest/priestess brings him back).

For those who haven’t watch the official GoT Lord of Light lore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opJ7h5rwvjs

What do you folks think?

Speevy

Banned
There's nothing in the first five seasons that point to D&D using subtle clues to hint at future plot developments. That's not their style.

Exactly. Everything is "SMACK YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE." obvious when watched after the fact.

D and D would have had the blood with a spotlight shone on it, then some character says "What's that fucking blood look like to you? A dragon? Nah, a man grabbing a sword or something. He was something special."

NeoGiff

I honestly wasn't expecting to hear the Warrior of Light theme anymore after Stannis met Oathkeeper last season. Was delighted to hear it over Mel's reveal, and the great version playing over the credits.

I'd love if it Djawadi combines it and the Stark theme for the risen Jon.

Speevy

Banned
I'd love any new music added to this show. The main themes are great, but on a show with the biggest budget ever, shouldn't there be more music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom