• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAL

If I'm remembering correctly that chapter also contained Jamie yelling at Cersi's Kingsguard for being Shit and Trying to mentor Loras Tyrell. Those parts could have been adapted effectively.

Either way it's irrelevant. Show Jamie is completely removed from book Jamie at this point.
Also in hindsight
It would have been much better if Jamie was the Kingsguard knight that had an affair with Arianne Martell (sorry about the spelling) and have her act as the sir Illian who teaches him how to fight. There would have been something bittersweet about Jamie falling in love with the woman he was origionally supposed to marry. Only to have it all torn apart by war/sand snake BS. That would be very GoT

Also I'm convinced that the current kings landing arc is going to end with Cersi and Margery having a trial by combat to settle the score of who is telling the faith the truth. With Robert Strong fighting for Cersi and Loras fighting for Margery. It's a great way to get Loras out of the picture without boiling him in oil like the books

That's much better.

And the Hound bursting in at the last minute....

bengraven

This thread is trending dangerously into becoming the "Bad Thread" at Something Awful. We just replaced "rape rape rape" with "bad pussy" and "lemon cakes" with "20 good men".

So far we have the angry photoshops, bitter acceptance that book 6 will never come and the shitty fan fiction down pat.

:p

belvedere

Junior Butler
This thread is trending dangerously into becoming the "Bad Thread" at Something Awful. We just replaced "rape rape rape" with "bad pussy" and "lemon cakes" with "20 good men".

So far we have the angry photoshops, bitter acceptance that book 6 will never come and the shitty fan fiction down pat.

There's the occasional useful post but they're few and far between.

Warranted criticism or not, maybe there's a better place for alternative story speculation, back seat show running and general complaining.

It shouldn't be this difficult to engage in plain old GoT show discussion.

NeoGiff

There's the occasional useful post but they're few and far between.

Warranted criticism or not, maybe there's a better place for alternative story speculation, back seat show running and general complaining.

It shouldn't be this difficult to engage in plain old GoT show discussion.

The thing is, most of our speculation for this season was back in the season 5 thread, and since the season 6 premiere didn't really bring any new groundbreaking plot revelations, our fires burn low.

Lothar

Banned

But the Bad Thread is the pinnacle of GoT threads on the internet. If only we could attain such great heights.

I've seriously never laughed more reading any other forum thread.

Lothar

Banned

I'd be happy to give a link but unfortunately it doesn't look like you can even read threads without being a member. That's dumb, you should at least be able to read threads.

It costs $10. It's worth it though if you want another place to read GoT. It's not just bad threads where people post horrible (but funny) shit. There's normal TV Game of Thrones threads (One spoiler and one non-spoiler) with 100 pages of discussion just for this season alone. Like the threads here, I would say most posts in those are decent quality. I spend time in SA and Neogaf about equally.

It's http://forums.somethingawful.com

People here got a kick out of the Dave Hill jokes I quoted a while back.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198000987&postcount=6014 That was from SA's TV thread.

Dave Hill is writing the next episode, btw. They've loving that over there.

cLOUDo

Davis just look and touch the blood to know if the blood is already dry
You know, to calculate how much time he had been dead

Kain

Remember when we thought LSH would appear at the end of S4? Or Coldhands? Pepper... I mean, the Sullied bros remember.

Speevy

Banned

I'm not going to stop the trend. I'm going to grow the trend.

Speevy

Banned
Is it just me or does the non-spoiler thread seems more negative than previous seasons?

It's because they've started looking at the Wikis from A Song of Ice and Fire to figure out what's going on. I saw someone mention "Azor Ahai" even though these two words have never been uttered on the show.

Lothar

Banned
This is still the best decision they ever made on the show.

I know people will never give D and D credit for this, but it was a good decision.

I could see that if they hadn't already introduced the idea of bringing people back to life with Beric. What was the point of that now? (If it's for Jon this season, I'm sure a lot of people probably don't even remember Beric)

LSH would have been a better Season 3 ending than Myhsa. It would have been a moment non-readers would have been talking about all year. Bringing her back as a zombie wouldn't reduce the misery of the story. It would just put a bit of misery on the other side and have viewers enjoy seeing the Freys getting some comeuppance. Viewers wouldn't think everything was so one-sided.

I don't feel real strongly on whether or not LSH is in the show. But I do feel strongly about the Freys not being in the show and barely have been mentioned in years. That's stupid to me. If we needed LSH so that the Freys wouldn't be ignored for seasons, I think it was a bad decision not to have LSH then.

Forkball

It's because they've started looking at the Wikis from A Song of Ice and Fire to figure out what's going on. I saw someone mention "Azor Ahai" even though these two words have never been uttered on the show.
I think they did say it in the history and lore special features on the DVD. Those things are great. Season 5 had a twenty minute showcase on the Dance of the Dragons. Plus the featurettes have even discussed the Blackfyres.

Speevy

Banned
anigif_enhanced-19641-1434361510-6.gif

33288e16156f4ecccecdabaddf67800f.gif

Can you feel the excitement?

bengraven

But the Bad Thread is the pinnacle of GoT threads on the internet. If only we could attain such great heights.

I've seriously never laughed more reading any other forum thread.

Oh I speak out of love. I've skipped the thread for the last few years but I have great memories. Someone Posting a 1x1p picture to Grrms live journal that is, after being approved by Ty, replaced by a massive pic of GRRM in a crab bib with a walker. The Sandor Clegane noir or GoT/WH30k fan fictions...the time that we were convinced by a mod that GRRM was reading the thread and to try and say only nice things for a few weeks...

Speevy

Banned
There's some very interesting leak discussion going on. It sounds like bullshit fanfiction to happen in one episode, but if any part of it is true, tomorrow's going to be fun.

Lothar

Banned
Oh I speak out of love. I've skipped the thread for the last few years but I have great memories. Someone Posting a 1x1p picture to Grrms live journal that is, after being approved by Ty, replaced by a massive pic of GRRM in a crab bib with a walker. The Sandor Clegane noir or GoT/WH30k fan fictions...the time that we were convinced by a mod that GRRM was reading the thread and to try and say only nice things for a few weeks...

My favorite was the Jaime Lannister getting raped by Winnie the Pooh story.

Now I am become Death: Legacy of a Toy Soldier

Has anyone read this particular theory? Pretty in-depth, and believable piece that suggests all the resurrections in the world thus far have been due to Bloodraven reanimating the bodies, and that Jon's resurrection will specifically be Bran resurrecting him, and then struggling not to lose himself in Jon, who will be seen as Azor Ahai.

I'm not sold 100%, but it's certainly the bittersweet type of thing I'd expect GRRM to attach as a price to Jon's resurrection.

kirblar

The premiere was basically S6 finale: Epilogue + Dorne write-out, it was pretty "meh" as an ep, the negativity makes sense.

Hopefully the next episodes pick up.

Syder

Why would he want her to find out that news over the (raven) phone?
So that Cersei doesn't have to go through tragedy and indignity of discovering her daughter's fate by seeing her dead body being brought to shore?
You know for a MASTER PLAN to work you actually have to do something. Marry Arianne to Viserys, good idea! Maybe you should tell Viserys about it or send him some counsel or something to steer him towards you. Viserys dies.

Marry Quentyn to Dany, ok decent fallback idea. She is all the way in Meereen perhaps you could give your son a ship and a decent number of competent men. Oh he is hitch hiking with sell swords, huh.

But another Targ shows up that Doran didn't know about.

Marry Arianne to fAegon. Ok this is getting desperate...

So really is a plan actually didn't involve him doing anything apart from sitting around doing nothing. That is how I plan as well so I have some sympathy.
The point isn't that the Dornish Master Plan, a fan theory, is being poorly portrayed in the TV series, it's that the characters involved who are all multi-dimensional characters and vital to the main threads of A Song of Ice and Fire are being portrayed as nothing more than horny, bisexual foreigners.

Speevy

Banned
So that Cersei doesn't have to go through tragedy and indignity of discovering her daughter's fate by seeing her dead body being brought to shore?The point isn't that the Dornish Master Plan, a fan theory, is being poorly portrayed in the TV series, it's that the characters involved who are all multi-dimensional characters and vital to the main threads of A Song of Ice and Fire are being portrayed as nothing more than horny, bisexual foreigners.

I think once Obara seduces Tommen into a dark alley and knifes him they'll become pretty important.

Speevy

Banned
Let's hope for meaningful events tomorrow

It looks like at the very least, we'll get (promo)

Bran's vision of Winterfell
Ramsay's plans for recapturing Sansa, and more Bolton tension
Sansa, Brienne, Pod, Theon conversation
Arya and the waif
Tommen and what he's up to
Davos and the wildlings vs. Olly, First of His Name

Gigglepoo

Now I am become Death: Legacy of a Toy Soldier

Has anyone read this particular theory? Pretty in-depth, and believable piece that suggests all the resurrections in the world thus far have been due to Bloodraven reanimating the bodies, and that Jon's resurrection will specifically be Bran resurrecting him, and then struggling not to lose himself in Jon, who will be seen as Azor Ahai.

I'm not sold 100%, but it's certainly the bittersweet type of thing I'd expect GRRM to attach as a price to Jon's resurrection.

This is incredible. I highly recommend reading all three parts. It's even more fascinating than analyzing a blood stain in the snow.

sadblob

It looks like at the very least, we'll get (promo)

Bran's vision of Winterfell
Ramsay's plans for recapturing Sansa, and more Bolton tension
Sansa, Brienne, Pod, Theon conversation
Arya and the waif
Tommen and what he's up to
Davos and the wildlings vs. Olly, First of His Name
To be honest, sounds somewhat boring. I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Is anyone else getting the sneaking feeling that the three-eyed Raven is the bad guy and Bran is gonna join the White Walkers? Like maybe he's the Night King's chosen heir or something, based on that trailer clip.

Speevy

Banned
Is anyone else getting the sneaking feeling that the three-eyed Raven is the bad guy and Bran is gonna join the White Walkers? Like maybe he's the Night King's chosen heir or something, based on that trailer clip.

I don't think you can join the whitewalkers. It seems like a pretty exclusive group. You can join the wights though.

Speevy

Banned
Don't you remember when the baby was turned into one?

Also, the Night's King from the story.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They pretty much take you from birth, right?

In any case, it would be horrible storytelling for Jojen Reed to foresee Bran right into the home of man's greatest enemy. So that means it will happen.

Gigglepoo

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They pretty much take you from birth, right?

In any case, it would be horrible storytelling for Jojen Reed to foresee Bran right into the home of man's greatest enemy. So that means it will happen.

But Jojen's visions were from Bloodraven. And there's a slim chance Martin gave the name "Others" to a truly benevolent force.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here.

The plot summary for episode 2 appears to be online and seems to be VERY detailed; by the same spanish dude who leaked information about the first episode which proved to be accurate.

Browse the interned carefully peeps, lest you want to be spoiled of course. I've been spoiled on a few details which sucks :(

Edit - Beaten by a minute :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom