• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
That's how I thought the first episode would be. Nothing in there is surprising.

At Reddit they're predicting that Bran actually wargs into Hodor in the fucking past, and he's the reason Hodor can't speak now because he broke his brain.

Is that surprising?

Now I am become Death: Legacy of a Toy Soldier

Has anyone read this particular theory? Pretty in-depth, and believable piece that suggests all the resurrections in the world thus far have been due to Bloodraven reanimating the bodies, and that Jon's resurrection will specifically be Bran resurrecting him, and then struggling not to lose himself in Jon, who will be seen as Azor Ahai.

I'm not sold 100%, but it's certainly the bittersweet type of thing I'd expect GRRM to attach as a price to Jon's resurrection.

Jeez, I could see this happening at this point. Especially the end bit where he talks about what the season could end on.

I'm not sure if it's what I'd want either the books or the show to do though
That's just me being selfish and wanting Jon to be Jon out of loving the character
, but it is VERY interesting.

MikeyB

As long as this episode actually creeps past the 45 minute mark this time I'll be happy .__.
Yeah! Why was it unusually short? They actually could have explained what little story the episode had much better with a few more establishing shots (and less self-examination in awful mirrors.)

Brakke

Banned
At Reddit they're predicting that Bran actually wargs into Hodor in the fucking past, and he's the reason Hodor can't speak now because he broke his brain.

Is that surprising?

I'm reminded of that bonkers old theory that Hodor touched some Ancient Evil in the Crypts of Winterfell, and that's why he can't speak.

Bran breaking Hodor's brain means we on some time travel paradox ish. That's a real dangerous road to go down...

Sounds like a Westerosi radio station. "You're listening to Drinkwater Radio, KDWR, 90.3 FM. Coming up: weather, traffic, and executions on the sixes."

jdstorm

Banned
I'm reminded of that bonkers old theory that Hodor touched some Ancient Evil in the Crypts of Winterfell, and that's why he can't speak.

Bran breaking Hodor's brain means we on some time travel paradox ish. That's a real dangerous road to go down...

I'm pretty sure GRRM has already done some paradox stuff with the Obsidian candle

That's probably the path Mr. GRRM is going down. Remember Bran talking to Jon as a Weirwood in ACOK? TIME POWAHS

That would be the ultimate troll and I sort of hope he does it. Bran goes back in time thanks to tree magic and stops the entire series from happening. Ned wakes up next to Bob Newhart's wife and tells her he'd just had the strangest dream.

jdstorm

Banned
Really? Aren't they just like... burning now? I don't remember any timeline shenanigans with the candles.

They are known to be communication devices. That use magic to communicate over great distances. They also allow people to enter the dreams of others. Time paradox "shenanigans" was a mental jump by me. However weriwood trees have allowed similar visions of the past. So it wouldn't be out of place to suggest that someone could interact with the past/future through one of these candles.

IE when Jamie Lannister dreams of having a conversation with his mother. Who is around Cersi's age at the time, and she replies with him

Crazy Theory
This is another piece of evidence to support the theory that Rahella Targaryen is the mother of Jamie,Cersi and Tyrion. The Targs have a strong history with magic while the Lannisters don't. It would make much more sense that someone with royal blood was powering the candle then a random Lannister

Turin

Banned
Pretty sure just about anyone can have magic experiences in Planetos. Surely some characters are stronger with the force than others.

I want to taste Linda's delicious tears when she tries to explain how this won't happen in the books.

So far I've never heard the Linda person speak. I suspect I'd do well to keep it that way.

Kain

Brace yourselves for impact fellas, time travel is coming!

Ready for some kingdom hearts DDD nonsense? I am.

Moff

Is anyone else getting the sneaking feeling that the three-eyed Raven is the bad guy and Bran is gonna join the White Walkers? Like maybe he's the Night King's chosen heir or something, based on that trailer clip.

I'd say he is by far the most common guess for who is the "villain" of the saga

but I think he leads both the fire and the white walkers

New Episode Tonight: Home
Bran trains with the Three-Eyed Raven. In King's Landing, Jaime advises Tommen. Tyrion demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night's Watch stands behind Thorne. Ramsay Bolton proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy entertains other proposals.

Forkball

I don't think full blown time travel will play any role. The Weirwoods act almost like recording devices, where events can be captured and shown, yet not altered. The glass candles are basically magic telephones.

Saya

Time travel? I'm ready.

What if...

Bran
wargs back to the past into... one of the Kingsguard guarding the Tower of Joy and thus assures Ned and Howland Reed's victory.

D&D.

Are there any dead dragons in the books or have I read a fake spoiler a few years ago?

I would assume that Daenerys has to lose one or two dragons for dramaturgical reasons.

Moff

Are there any dead dragons in the books or have I read a fake spoiler a few years ago?

I would assume that Daenerys has to lose one or two dragons for dramaturgical reasons.

what do you mean, dead dragons?
there are some skeletons in the red keep basement

Apt101

Now the long wait until 9PM. I have barely any chores to do or anything else to pass the time. Maybe I'll start day drinking around 5 and be hammered by showtime.

what do you mean, dead dragons?
there are some skeletons in the red keep basement

No, the spoiler back then was Daenerys losing some Dragons, the younger ones. Guess that was a fake spoiler. The only thing I got spoiled then was Lady Stoneheart, which the writers decided to keep out, or maybe she is still coming.

NeoGiff

No, the spoiler back then was Daenerys losing some Dragons, the younger ones. Guess that was a fake spoiler. The only thing I got spoiled then was Lady Stoneheart, which the writers decided to keep out, or maybe she is still coming.

Are you sure you're in the right thread? This is for book readers.

Are you sure you're in the right thread? This is for book readers.

Yes I am. I did not read the books, but a few years ago I read a spoiler regarding the deaths of Daenerys Dragons and since the show has caught up to the books, I thought I ask here if that's true or false what I read back then.

So this thread is only for book readers then ?

Betty

Banned
Yes I am. I did not read the books, but a few years ago I read a spoiler regarding the deaths of Daenerys Dragons and since the show has caught up to the books, I thought I ask here if that's true or false what I read back then.

So this thread is only for book readers then ?

No just making sure you weren't going to be spoiled by any of the talk in here.

Damerman

Now I am become Death: Legacy of a Toy Soldier

Has anyone read this particular theory? Pretty in-depth, and believable piece that suggests all the resurrections in the world thus far have been due to Bloodraven reanimating the bodies, and that Jon's resurrection will specifically be Bran resurrecting him, and then struggling not to lose himself in Jon, who will be seen as Azor Ahai.

I'm not sold 100%, but it's certainly the bittersweet type of thing I'd expect GRRM to attach as a price to Jon's resurrection.
That was an interesting read. But a lot of the connections between dialogue and the conclusion he tries to make are a little contrived and ostensible at best. There is no reason why bran can't be a knight through warging jamie. And the idea of bloodraven reanimating the dead and the dead permanently dead makes no sense. Still a good read and a very very interesting prediction for the show. Just confused as to why he picked little finger to reveal jon's parentage to jon.

Speevy

Banned
Jaime advises Tommen.

This part of the episode description proves the leak right. There are no scenes of
Jaime and Tommen.
in any promotional material.

NeoGiff

Jaime advises Tommen.

This part of the episode description proves the leak right. There are no scenes of
Jaime and Tommen.
in any promotional material.

That episode description has been available for a while already though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom