• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Phaezyk

Well, I finished it. I saved everyone except one person, and I blame that on staying up waaay too late and having a massive brain fart right near the end. I made a character do one of those stupid things you yell at characters in horror films to never ever do. :(

I let Ashley, despite reading ALL about the you-know-whos and their tactics, investigate the voice alone AND I let her open the hatch. I screwed up and thought it was going to be Jessica at first(mostly because they toyed with me by finally showing she was still alive in the previous scene), but as soon as I made the choice I remembered they could mimic voices.

kubus

Well, I finished it. I saved everyone except one person, and I blame that on staying up waaay too late and having a massive brain fart right near the end. I made a character do one of those stupid things you yell at characters in horror films to never ever do. :(

Lol

A guess: You
opened the door
?

Leeness

To anyone here with the unlock/128 days issue on PSN

Apparently Sony and the developers are working on fixing it. Supermassive Games tweeted about it, it's on the help forums at Sony, and people have been tweeting @AskPlaystation about it.

Reissuing licenses, redownloading, or rebuilding database doesn't work. This is something on their end.

Fingers crossed that they resolve it soon.

To anyone here with the unlock/128 days issue on PSN

Apparently Sony and the developers are working on fixing it. Supermassive Games tweeted about it, it's on the help forums at Sony, and people have been tweeting @AskPlaystation about it.

Reissuing licenses, redownloading, or rebuilding database doesn't work. This is something on their end.

Fingers crossed that they resolve it soon.

I noticed, but apparently its only me and you experiencing these issues on gaf.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Okay, I guess we're doing this now.

2:45am. Maybe I'll do my friend's trick and open the back door to the house and leave it open, thereby maximizing the tension of the experience. (I know someone who has actually done this when playing scary games alone at night).
You sound like a candidate for this year's Darwin Awards.

GavinUK86

Only issue I have is that I bought it on the US store which included the preorder DLC but I can play the game on my EU account but the DLC doesn't show up. Is that because the game isn't actually out in the EU yet so the DLC, technically, doesn't exist yet?

I let Ashley, despite reading ALL about the you-know-whos and their tactics, investigate the voice alone AND I let her open the hatch. I screwed up and thought it was going to be Jessica at first(mostly because they toyed with me by finally showing she was still alive in the previous scene), but as soon as I made the choice I remembered they could mimic voices.

About how long would you say it took you? I'm thinking about redboxing it since I don't really want to spend $60, but I'm wondering if two full evenings would be enough to beat it?

UberTag

About how long would you say it took you? I'm thinking about redboxing it since I don't really want to spend $60, but I'm wondering if two full evenings would be enough to beat it?
Two full evenings would cover it if you're only looking to beat the game once.

Problem is... most of the value of this game, IMO, comes from replaying it and seeing how making different choices will alter how events play themselves out.

Everyone who pre-ordered before the set release date has this bug.
so because I paid 59.99 instead of 74.99 I get this bug.
On the bright side, though... you saved $15 CDN.

Phaezyk

It took me around 9 hours or so and I was combing the areas to find as much as I could. I still missed clues here and there and I still missed some totems.

Problem is... most of the value of this game, IMO, comes from replaying it and seeing how making different choices will alter how events play themselves out.

On the bright side, though... you saved $15 CDN.
Yeah, I just want to play it tonight ):

In the end...was it worth it...?

My $15 says probably lol. As long as it gets resolved today.
Possibly, I mean I saved money, but I can't play it ):

Lexad

Fucking hell... SPOILER ALERT, thanks a lot. I know who is going to die next... :mad:

I'm staying the hell out of these threads now until after I've played it.

Considering that I haven't encountered that situation yet, I don't know wtf you are talking about. But I did edit the post despite there being nothing spoilerly in it.

Leeness

I'm hoping it will be fixed with the store update at 5pm PST or so. :(

I guess it depends how long it takes to fix if it's worth it or not lol. If we end up having to wait weeks...definitely not. Today or tomorrow (weekend at the latest), I can give them a pass. I'm pretty forgiving lol.

But I really hope we can play tonight :(

I heard the same with Heavy Rain, but to be honest, I ended up being satisfied with just one playthrough. I've heard so much hype about this game, so despite definitely being short of time, I'd like to play it at least once. Thanks for the heads up though!

It took me around 9 hours or so and I was combing the areas to find as much as I could. I still missed clues here and there and I still missed some totems.
Thanks!

Have this ready for pickup today. Kinda wish it came out on a Friday as I will probably want to binge it with friends. Gonna have to play a bit and hold off till the weekend. Maybe. Probably will finish in one sitting -_-

spekkeh

Banned
I kinda wish this game was self-referential enough that the only way to make everyone survive is do all the stupid horror movie stuff. Like split up immediately, check out dark corridors etc. but apparently that's not the case, oh well, having to be smart might make for more involved gameplay.

CryptoZookeeper

Neo Member
Really psyched to play this game. Question for those who've gone through it:

I want to play this game with a couple of friends, does it seem like it'd be difficult to have me holding the controller and inputting the actions decided by 2 friends who will be watching along with me (4 characters for each friend)? Are there a lot of split second QTE's or are the QTE's usually a couple of seconds each?

GavinUK86

Peter Stormare's mouth is freaking me out.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I'm just starting from the beginning and streaming it twitch.tv/gavinuk86. You can get a good look at it without inadvertently seeing late game spoilers.

Saphirax

Woah, was bummed yesterday because the game was sold out at TheGameCollection. Noticed today that they got more stock so I ordered it immediately.

Checked my order a few hours later and they upgraded it to the steelbook edition :D.

Reedirect

Just started it. It's pretty slow at first, but I haven't laughed this much while playing since like Deadly Premonition, some of the writing is fantastically cheesy.

Leeness

Looks like some people on the Sony forums got through to help and it sounds like we're waiting until the store updates, seeing if that fixes it, and then if not...eeeeh.

cyber_ninja

So for those who have it... what do you think?!? ^_^

Played it for about an hour and having a blast with it. This is a must have for me as i enjoyed the he'll out of indigo prophecy, heavy rain and beyond; I really like qte as well. Graphically this game looks phenomenal and I really like the sound/music in this game too.

Question about the pre-order DLC: does it contain any clues or totems, and is it true that the butterfly effect "Whose Side Are You On" unlocks in this DLC?

In my playthrough that's the only butterfly that's still greyed out and I didn't have the DLC. Maybe I missed it because of some choices I made but I want to be sure. It should be early on in the game so it lines up.

Would be sick if you can't 100% the game without the DLC.

The DLC has no collectibles or Butterfly Effect choices. Whose Side Are You On could be from who you side with during the
Jessica/Emily fight
, but I can't remember.

Is it true the game does actually support PlayStation Move? Getting reports that it does.

It uses Move functions built-in to the DS4. I'd be shocked if it supported the PS3 Move, but let me know if it does!

Considering that I haven't encountered that situation yet, I don't know wtf you are talking about. But I did edit the post despite there being nothing spoilerly in it.

Agreed, your post was fine.

I want to play this game with a couple of friends, does it seem like it'd be difficult to have me holding the controller and inputting the actions decided by 2 friends who will be watching along with me (4 characters for each friend)? Are there a lot of split second QTE's or are the QTE's usually a couple of seconds each?

All of the QTEs are split-second so you will have to do those yourself. But the decisions like go left or right, agree or disagree, stay on screen for at least five seconds so you'll be able to do those fine. And there's way more of those than QTEs.

kubus

For dialogue options you usually have unlimited time to make decisions. When things get heated decisions are on timers and you'll have to decide pretty quickly. Enough time to have people yell at you on what to do, not enough time to argue :p

E the Shaggy

I'm debating just Redboxing it and trying to finish it over the weekend rather than buying it. Phantom Pain is just too close on the horizon.

Looks like some people on the Sony forums got through to help and it sounds like we're waiting until the store updates, seeing if that fixes it, and then if not...eeeeh.

god dammit thats a slap in the face

I'm going out for pretty much the rest of the day, pm me if it works tonight.

Game acquired
sssssss.jpg

Leeness

same but if its not fixed :/

If it's not, I guess there will be more work they have to do...but assuming it's tied to the release date (and that's the common thread with everyone having the problem so...probably), one would hope they just need to update the release date properly so that it is updated for everyone.

Fingers crossed :(

Woah, was bummed yesterday because the game was sold out at TheGameCollection. Noticed today that they got more stock so I ordered it immediately.

Checked my order a few hours later and they upgraded it to the steelbook edition :D.

Lucky!

I ordinarily don't pay much attention to steelbooks, but I saw UD's steelbook and instantly wanted it.

nikos

Best Buy's site is still showing it as a preorder. Pretty sure they're going to have it at the store though. Heading out soon.

Catdaddy

Still haven't gotten my game from Amazon :(

Its been in transit for for almost a day now.

This is the second game that Amazon has sent USPS instead of UPS. My mail delivery is early afternoon so I should have it waiting for me, instead of the past 6pm UPS delivery.

That said, the USPS status runs behind on updates, mine just changed from "In Transit" to "Out for Delivery" in the past hour.

Top Bottom