• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Elitist1945

This is the second game that Amazon has sent USPS instead of UPS. My mail delivery is early afternoon so I should have it waiting for me, instead of the past 6pm UPS delivery.

That said, the USPS status runs behind on updates, mine just changed from "In Transit" to "Out for Delivery" in the past hour.

I just hope it comes today. I'll be very disappointed otherwise.

GravyButt

How does the game save/how often? Got some serious storms inbound so was curious? Thanks.

Ps: whens can people actually start dying?
besides the twins at the beginning, im still in the cable car areas but like I said, big ass storms coming

Velkyn

I was waiting for this OT! Love the title. :D

Got started a bit after the unlock last night, but I had work to go today, so I stopped around 1 AM. Got to Chapter 3.
My therapist office choices got compiled into Clowns, Needles and Snakes. I'm gonna have a bad time.

Love the game, still getting used to the controls, and the characters thus far are the most lovable, insufferable idiots I have ever seen. I'm not sure how tonight is going to go at all. :/

Reule

Played a good amount of this today. Already had one character die and not sure how I could've prevented it. I can think of possibly one or two ways but not sure. Definitely lots of fun.

Got through the first 2 chapters, and i can't lie, the Doctor really is the best part so far (not to say the story itself is bad, i'm loving that too)

But damn man, i love the atmosphere of the meetings with him

brau

I played like an hour of this this morning. and man.. iwas blown away at how good it looks. The detail, atmosphere and characters. IT looks amazing. I also really look forward to a game that does branch out in meaningful ways. Its gonna be awesome!

is there anywhere I can see that I actually have the dlc? Will it just be integrated into the game? I redeemed the code and there was no download or anything

Reule

is there anywhere I can see that I actually have the dlc? Will it just be integrated into the game? I redeemed the code and there was no download or anything
Check under Related Items for Until Dawn's game tile. Does it say installed? If so, you're good. It'll come up naturally during gameplay.

I was hesitating to buy it at full price but this post sealed the deal. Will buy it this weekend

Dude. Some of the backdrops and fixed camera angles scream old school resident evil. This game also proves it's possible to create "prerendered" like backdrops in real time in regards to visual fidelity.

Vitor711

So why wasn't this released during Halloween? Instead of alongside MGSV and Mad Max where it's going to get slaughtered like a teen at a haunted camp site in terms of sales?

How does the game save/how often? Got some serious storms inbound so was curious? Thanks.

Ps: whens can people actually start dying?
besides the twins at the beginning, im still in the cable car areas but like I said, big ass storms coming

It saves after every choice you make. Even if it's something like "Drop down," once you do, it saves.

As for your death question,
Episode 3

is it worth buying?

Yes!

Well this is horseshit. I have ZERO idea how I would have prevented my first death.

Played a good amount of this today. Already had one character die and not sure how I could've prevented it. I can think of possibly one or two ways but not sure. Definitely lots of fun.

Who died? I'll tell you how you could have prevented it if you want to know.

Should I play with motion controls or standard controls? How does stuff like the mechanic where you hold the controller stick work with regular?

I dont understand the "Dont move" indicators. I placed the controller down on a table and it still failed
Maybe it vibrates your controller to make sure you aren't cheating by doing what you did.

Reule

Who died? I'll tell you how you could have prevented it if you want to know.
Someone I know already hinted at what I could've done.
Matt. He can keep the flare gun somehow which helps later.
I had someone else possibly die but I'm not sure. I'll find out on my own though.

This game loves walking. Can't say I really dislike it that much because the atmosphere is amazing.

Garlador

I'm getting pretty hyped for this. Looks like it's pretty fantastic! The question is whether to play alone in the dark at night or with a bunch of friends and drinks...

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Good lord. Butterfly Effect out of nowhere (well not entirely). And is the most grisly scene so far. Poor poor bastard.

The-Great-Wan

Neo Member
Should be getting mine on release hoping to have it finished for metal gear. Just baffles me why they release a game so close to a triple A release when there hasn't been a new release in weeks

Velkyn

I'm getting pretty hyped for this. Looks like it's pretty fantastic! The question is whether to play alone in the dark at night or with a bunch of friends and drinks...

I'm playing it with the wife making quips and trash talking characters the whole way. It depends on if you like watching slasher movies on your own or with a bunch of friends. It's a pretty great pass the controller experience, all things considered.

outsidah

This is the second game that Amazon has sent USPS instead of UPS. My mail delivery is early afternoon so I should have it waiting for me, instead of the past 6pm UPS delivery.

That said, the USPS status runs behind on updates, mine just changed from "In Transit" to "Out for Delivery" in the past hour.

I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and just about EVERYTHING is USPS to me now. Honestly I prefer them to the "Lasership" people they were obsessed with for a while (who delivered my PS4 to another home) and USPS is even delivering on Sunday. That said, USPS tracking sucks, they can deliver at all hours (as early as 9am sometimes or very late) and god help you if you need customer service. That said, I've got about a 90% or so success rate of them always making their committed delivery data when Amazon is the shipper.

Now about this game.... I only just heard about it yesterday and it really caught my attention. I'm just not sure it's worth $60 with so many big titles coming out in the next 2-3 months....

Velkyn

Should be getting mine on release hoping to have it finished for metal gear. Just baffles me why they release a game so close to a triple A release when there hasn't been a new release in weeks

There was an article that said as much that I saw this morning but it almost seems like Sony paraded it out without much fanfare at the most random time possible. Would have made way more sense as an October release, not right before one of the most anticipated games of 2015.

Top Bottom