• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit, I'm watching Lirik play this, shit is crazy.

59,000 viewers, by the way. Crazy numbers.

Someone had this issue earlier. Reset your controller by pressing the little button on the back. This worked for the other poster.

Some people earlier in the thread mentioned they had problems with this aswell. Seems like it's a bug with some people's game.

Edit: Do as Nib commands!

I'll give this a shot, I managed to get the first one done by holding it at a slight angle downward.

For the preorder dlc, is it the part where
you are taking bags up to the cabin, then she tells Matt to go up because she has to go back talk to someone?
If that was it...I paid my friend 3 dollars for his code and I feel like he robbed me

Edit: oh, I just looked around more and I dont think that was it...thank God

So I've only really just heard about this game recently (I kept thinking it was some Zombie game up until a week or so ago) and noe reading up on it I can't wait to buy it! I was gonna hold off for a sale, but reading the impressions in this thread, coupled with me getting a $20 best buy certificate today, has me most likely picking it up tonight after work, maybe tomorrow. Seems like the perfect game to play with the gf. And also a second play through with my room mate. Sony has done an awful job marketing this game though. No way I would have ever heard about it without GAF.

There was an article that said as much that I saw this morning but it almost seems like Sony paraded it out without much fanfare at the most random time possible. Would have made way more sense as an October release, not right before one of the most anticipated games of 2015.
What's stopping Sony from marketing again in October though? I think the release is fine. Lot of big games come out in the fall, they all usually end up selling well if they are good. Maybe a bloodborne Until dawn bundle will come from Sony or retailers in October as well.

aro52

While checking out at Best Buy, the guy asked for my email address and a minute later, I received a code for the preorder chapter. Score!

$47.99 Gamer Club Unlocked price sure was nice too. :)

skelekey

Someone had this issue earlier. Reset your controller by pressing the little button on the back. This worked for the other poster.

I know this worked for me earlier, by turning off the controller via the PS button on the front. Where exactly is this button on the back? Sorry for potentially misleading people.

Dominator

This games awesome as fuck. Just got through the first 3 chapters, can't wait to play more tonight.

I hate jump scares but fuck it, I know this is supposed to be a cheesy horror movie lol

Azlan

Very excited to give this game a try. As a horror fan I am sure I will enjoy this cheesy b-horror romp. Even if it is not as good as I am hoping, I am happy to support new and innovative games being developed in the horror genre.

Nyx

Used my camera for the cheapshots, 4 scares so far and I didn't move.

Pretty fun feature though, can't wait to let other people play it, one or two should have better reactions than me!

this game makes me want to

RichieSambora.jpg

Twookie

watching lirik play this, holy shit this game is tense

probably won't buy this game since i'm a huge pussy when it comes to horror :(

Leeness

Could you link this please? I have this problem too.

http://community.us.playstation.com...28-days-until-available/td-p/45338352/page/20

Looks like you can delete the game then redownload it. I don't have a timer anymore right now

Edit: yep can play the game

Omg. Can you go to my house and delete the game so I can redownload before I get home? Lol.

Will try just redownloading anyway since it doesn't say "purchased" on the web store haha.

Reedirect

Chapter 4 /5 and this game isn't fucking around anymore (and it was fucking around for a whiiiile)
Two dead and I feel like I fucked up spectacularly. Mike was (apparently) too safe and slow to save Jess, but since I never liked her, whatevs. But then the Chris chapter where I had to choose between Josh and Ash. I like them both a lot, but I chose to kill Josh thinking I had the game figured out and the saw would stop like an inch from his body, which would make Chris look like an asshole and character drama would ensue. But no, he's dead.
Better luck next time :D

Twookie

I have trouble watching this game, UD is scary for sure

I mean, I want to watch it, but I would also like to sleep today

Ooccoo

Are we really supposed to be able to save everyone?

SPOILER

I had a choice to save Ashley or Josh with the saw thing. Ended up killing Josh, but I guess I should have waited and done nothing?

Leeness

Lol
Hope it works the same for you :)

Boo it just went from "downloading" to "playable" immediately so I'm guessing I have to be at home, delete, reinstall. Which means I most likely won't finish the download tonight. Ah well. If it works, tomorrow it is then!

Have fun with yours :)

Ivan

Quick offtopic question (but iI Iwant to play Until Dawn like that):

I play all my games on my UK PSN account. Now I bought Until Dawn on US PSN a few days earlier, is it OK with Sony to play it on my main UK account even if the game is not out on UK store yet?

I wonder if there is some kind of embargo on stuff like that

Thanx

Boo it just went from "downloading" to "playable" immediately so I'm guessing I have to be at home, delete, reinstall. Which means I most likely won't finish the download tonight. Ah well. If it works, tomorrow it is then!

Have fun with yours :)
Thanks, you as well!

Cider

I've got a question to those who have finished the game: How scary is it?

I stay far away from horror movies and anything borderline scary because there are other ways to get my adrenaline rush, but I really enjoyed Heavy Rain (not Beyond though, fuck that game) and every review seems to be comparing this to Heavy Rain. Can I stomach it?

K.Sabot

this game just looks like cringe comedy from streams, no horror to speak of.

so much cringe

so so so much

creepiest thing so far from the streams are the dead eyes of the mannequin actors

People who have finished, I have a question (which I'll spoiler) that I'd love answered. Nothing plot-related, but pertinent to my purchase.

Is there sex, if so, how R-rated is it? I ask because my daughters are big horror fans, but still get totally squicked out by sex.

Raide

I stay far away from horror movies and anything borderline scary because there are other ways to get my adrenaline rush, but I really enjoyed Heavy Rain (not Beyond though, fuck that game) and every review seems to be comparing this to Heavy Rain. Can I stomach it?

Plenty of jump-scares. Fairly predictable if you have seen a load of B-Tier horror movies but they tie them in with louds noises to maximise the jump.

Garlador

Do you like horror? Do you like Jump Scares? Do you like cheesy, intentionally silly dialogue to lull you into a false sense of security before a dog jumps through a window or a loud noise explodes out of your speakers?

It's scary, but in the "spook-house ride" kind of way. You're most often supposed to jump... and then laugh about it a bit. Except for when you don't and have to run for your life. You never know which, really.

Stressful? Absolutely. Fun? Absolutely.

Got my copy! But EB Games didn't give me the DLC Bonus Chapter :(

Can I get it on PSN?

Also, the inside case is blank. Not even an ad for another game.

I miss manuals.

Cudder

Getting the game delivered tonight, but I want to play it through with my girlfriend, so we'll have to wait until we have a couple of weekend night's free.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
There is no way that The Killer:

Isn't Josh and Hannah working together. Has to be. That's my theory given how The Killer has a lot of the weird inflections that Rami Malek also has in all of his roles. Also Hannah because she wasn't the one to break her back on the rocks.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The atmosphere in this is really insane. And Peter Stormare is chewing on that scenery like a master, I love it.

Top Bottom