• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

It should save automatically. Most of the times where I've reloaded it put me pretty much where I left off.

I've gotten several totems, clues, and was on Chapter 3, but everything has been reset to nothing. Should I reinstall the game before I make another attempt at a playthrough?

Grady

Alright, stupid question, but how do I save the game? I played a few hours the other day, booted it up again today and none of it has been saved.

I actually ended up with a corrupted save file and lost all my progress, lol. Wtf. I wouldnt carenas much if i could skip the cut scenes, but now i have to watch houra of this shit just to get back to where i was.

Made it to the end with only one death on my first playthrough.
Josh

I ended up hating Mike but liking him by the end
(The bonding with the wolf did it for me)

Ashley was a great character.

I feel like Jessica got cut out too early
especially if she lives at the end. There is too little development for her.

All in all, I really liked it.

Replicant

It's kind of hard playing this game and not somehow insert my personality. I mean, if this was a real horror film, I'd think that some of the characters will probably behave differently from the way they behave in my game. And they behave differently because I picked the path that I'd take IF I were them.

But I can't help but wonder if I should be more like the character, which I find hard to do.

So in my first play through everyone died

Can I just go to episode select and start from the chapter where my first character died and play till the end for the trophies for everyone living? Or do I need to start the whole game over?

Played up until Chapter 9, really liking it a lot!

It's funny; it's been the type of game I've secretly been hoping for a while, but didn't know it'd be this one.

Sometimes I just want to be engrossed in a story (especially one with meaningful choices!) without the often times filler-to-be-filler gameplay. It just feels deeply satisfying, after playing game after game of 70+ hour RPGs to get that sort of story choice (not that I don't enjoy them!).

Can't wait to play more and more rare for me, again! I've lost 2 so far in my first playthrough.

hbkdx12

Had this preloaded since monday but waiting for my gf to go out of town this weekend before i jump in.

Do people find the butterfly effect (the actual graphical effect when you make decisions) distracting or immersion breaking?

I haven't heard anyone mention that it can be turned off. Seems weird that you wouldn't be able to turn it off to prevent you from knowing what decisions will have a rippling effect

So in my first play through everyone died

Can I just go to episode select and start from the chapter where my first character died and play till the end for the trophies for everyone living? Or do I need to start the whole game over?

Yes.

Had this preloaded since monday but waiting for my gf to go out of town this weekend before i jump in.

Do people find the butterfly effect (the actual graphical effect when you make decisions) distracting or immersion breaking?

I haven't heard anyone mention that it can be turned off. Seems weird that you wouldn't be able to turn it off to prevent you from knowing what decisions will have a rippling effect

Not at all. It appears in the top-left corner for a few seconds and there's also a screen flash. It's cool because you know something important just went down, and it's creepy because you don't know if you just screwed a character over.

Senoculum

It doesn't bother me. It's a nice visual for keeping track, "okay, I just changed the course of something."

What bothers me more is that the text in the upper left screen is snug in the corner. It's an eyesore to say the least - I wish they had a screen adjust option.

And I'm still pissed at the lack of invert Y option.

Options!

brobban

What's up with this game and its framerate!?
It feels consequently low. Every animation judders.
Granted, I've only played for about 30 mins so far, and It might get better. But it's really ruining the experience for me.

It seemed really smooth for me.

I wouldn't call it smooth, it feels ok in some parts and awful in others

Though I feel it may be a camera/frame pacing issue rather than actual framerate that's causing the stutter appearance

Hope DF does an analysis because it really does look like it dips to 20s or even teens at times

might be a small detail I am missing somewhere..but is it ever mentioned throughout the game that
there is no cell phone signal? There is that one part near the dollhouse where Chris is looking at his phone and Ashley says "Are you tweeting",, or something like that. Why didnt they just call someone?

Kinsei

Banned
might be a small detail I am missing somewhere..but is it ever mentioned throughout the game that
there is no cell phone signal? There is that one part near the dollhouse where Chris is looking at his phone and Ashley says "Are you tweeting",, or something like that. Why didnt they just call someone?

The tweeting bit was sarcastic. They're up on a mountain in the middle of the Canadian wilderness, of course there's no signal.

So is this worth 60 bucks?

I think it is.

The tweeting bit was sarcastic. They're up on a mountain in the middle of the Canadian wilderness, of course there's no signal.

I think it is.

my sarcasm meter is dead. But wait, I just remembered another point...
at the very beginning, isnt Chris getting a call or text? You are given the option to snoop, I never did though. Would signal have been gone at that point

Dominator

my sarcasm meter is dead. But wait, I just remembered another point...
at the very beginning, isnt Chris getting a call or text? You are given the option to snoop, I never did though. Would signal have been gone at that point
That was before
they went up in the cable car.

GavinUK86

So is this worth 60 bucks?

Personally, yes. It's awesome and a different experience. Also it's pretty lengthy it should come in at 8 hours to complete, maybe a bit more. Also makes you want to replay it just so you can pick different options the second time around. You basically learn what to do for the next playthrough by making mistakes in your first one. I'm 7 hours in and I believe I have a couple chapters left, but not sure. Each chapter takes about 50 minutes to an hour I would say.

BeeDog

Just started up chapter 4 before ending today's session. The game starts very strong; the graphics are amazing despite the shitty, fluctuating framerate, the performances are solid with distinguishable and catchy characters, and finally I was quite surprised by the amount of exploration you can actually do.

I hope the game keeps up for the rest of the chapters, but so far so really good!

Just started up chapter 4 before ending today's session. The game starts very strong; the graphics are amazing despite the shitty, fluctuating framerate, the performances are solid with distinguishable and catchy characters, and finally I was quite surprised by the amount of exploration you can actually do.

I hope the game keeps up for the rest of the chapters, but so far so really good!

The game ramps up even more, haven't had a letdown yet and I'm deep into it. There's like consecutive chapters in a row that just up everything the game offered before.

spekkeh

Banned
Man the sound my bluray drive makes during the game, I fully expect the game disc to be the first to get hacked to pieces. WTF is up with the Killzone engine.

Oh, damn. That blows I'm sorry dude.
It's cool it was an obvious trope anyway (what isn't in this game?). Absolutely loving it. It's everything I wanted ha. Having an absolute blast and really liking all the characters. Might have just had my first death but have to turn it off for the night!

alterno69

Banned
Just played the first five minutes and holy shit
did i just kill Beth and Hannah?

Lol wtf, seems like i will love this game.

Top Bottom