• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Replicant

Anybody else found the voices to be oddly muffled in the prologue ? Because of that and the weird rythm/editing I though the game didn't give a really good impression.

Yeah, the voices are muffled and a bit out of sync during the opening, which is kind of annoying. I wonder if they did it in a hurry. I noticed that the animation and character design of the opening is not as good as the rest of the game. Maybe they did the opening last?

Prologue is not DLC. The DLC is the scene where Matt and Emily go after her bag. Just fills in some information on these two characters. Not a good move from Sony to cut that from the game, as its not worth $5 or whatever they will charge for it later on.

Oh that's what it is. Now I'm less interested, especially considering Emily seems like a real bitch to me for now. Glad I didn't pay extra for this.

By the way, how do checkpoints work in the game ? I had to stop in the middle of a chapter (
In the sanitarium with Mike
). I hope I won't have to replay too much of that section tomorrow.

Yeah, the voices are muffled and a bit out of sync during the opening, which is kind of annoying. I wonder if they did it in a hurry. I noticed that the animation and character design of the opening is not as good as the rest of the game. Maybe they did the opening last?

Glad I'm not the only one. The beginning feels rushed, indeed like they added that old sequence at the last minute.

Replicant

By the way, how do checkpoints work in the game ? I had to stop in the middle of a chapter (
In the sanitarium with Mike
). I hope I won't have to replay too much of that section tomorrow.

The minute you see a fade-to-black, I found that's usually the place where the game saves itself. I did a lot of video recording via PS4 internal functionality because recording via Twitch and UStream was not allowed. So I often have to stop every 15 minutes to record the game. Whenever I stop at a fade-to-black, the game usually correctly continues itself from that point forward.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The minute you see a fade-to-black, I found that's usually the place where the game saves itself. I did a lot of video recording via PS4 internal functionality because recording via Twitch and UStream was not allowed. So I often have to stop every 15 minutes to record the game. Whenever I stop at a fade-to-black, the game usually correctly continues itself from that point forward.

Game is actually saving for more than that. Generally when you get a collectible it will save. Definitely during a butterfly effect.

Prologue is not DLC. The DLC is the scene where Matt and Emily go after her bag. Just fills in some information on these two characters. Not a good move from Sony to cut that from the game, as its not worth $5 or whatever they will charge for it later on.

It is a very dumb move since there is a collectible in the scene.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just got done with this (decided to get it from Redbox, so another playthrough won't be for a while), but wow, this might be one of my favorite games I've played in quite some time

FrsDvl

Picked this up this morning, finished it about 30 minutes ago. All in all it was a fun game, albeit a little bit short.

Is it really possible to finish it without anyone dying? I just can't see how. I'll probably do one more play through and want to get as many survivors as possible.

Decided not to rent it again so I have to wait until Saturday to finish. Almost completed a play through.

How many playthroughs for all the trophies. I'm on ch.9 and only got 2.

Game is actually saving for more than that. Generally when you get a collectible it will save. Definitely during a butterfly effect.

Thanks guys, I'm relieved. I'm exploring every nook and cranny so I picked up a bunh of stuff for sure. This chapter is pretty intense so far so I'm glad I won't ruin it by playing it again so soon.

It is a very dumb move since there is a collectible in the scene.

Wait, you can't get the platinum without playing that scene then ?

I really hope the game will be a success, it deserves it. It's cool that it got a little bit extra late marketing. Like just this morning I saw a segment about it on a national news channel. They pretty much never talk about videogames.

Feels like it. Harsh cuts as well and the framerate tanks a lot here. Facial animation in general is best on Stormare and during some of the emotional dialog. I bet that's the stuff they polished the most. Some of the normal banter or when they smile just looks incredibly creepy, they hold the expression for a bit too long and it looks off. It gets especially bad when the framerate takes a dip at the same time, as it looks like the animation looses a lot of frames as well and it appears more rough.

N° 2048

Thanks guys, I'm relieved. I'm exploring every nook and cranny so I picked up a bunh of stuff for sure. This chapter is pretty intense so far so I'm glad I won't ruin it by playing it again so soon.

I believe it's even more than what they said. The game is always saving. So at any time you can quit and start off right where you left off. I think someone tried it earlier in the thread.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's such a shame this game runs so badly, it's interesting to me but I know I couldn't enjoy it after watching the tech analyse. I know a lot of people can look past it but I can't (wish I could).

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Decided not to rent it again so I have to wait until Saturday to finish. Almost completed a play through.

How many playthroughs for all the trophies. I'm on ch.9 and only got 2.

Two max if you find all the collectibles.

Wait, you can't get the platinum without playing that scene then ?

One of the trophies is for the totems. And there is a totem in that scene.

I killed Josh my mistake

Is there any way to load choices? or do i have to play again

Beat the game. At best you can start from the nearest chapter.

It's such a shame this game runs so badly, it's interesting to me but I know I couldn't enjoy it after watching the tech analyse. I know a lot of people can look past it but I can't (wish I could).

So badly? Define "So badly. . ."

FrsDvl

I killed Josh my mistake

Is there any way to load choices? or do i have to play again

Why would you want to do that! I think you can load seperate episodes, but maybe that's just an endgame thing, I'm not sure.

I made a few mistakes I regretted, but just keep going! That's the point of the game!

Achtius

Why would you want to do that! I think you can load seperate episodes, but maybe that's just an endgame thing, I'm not sure.

I made a few mistakes I regretted, but just keep going! That's the point of the game!

I thought
choosing his pic means saving him
;_;

Dominator

Only two people died in the end for me,
Matt (don't know how I would have saved him) and Josh (got dragged away by the Hannah wendigo.

Awesome game, really enjoyed it. Emily is a bitch though, fuck her.

One of the trophies is for the totems. And there is a totem in that scene.
Are you talking about
early on in that scene with Matt? Pretty much right as you get control?

If so, you can get that elsewhere earlier than that part. I did.

Currently on Chapter 4 I believe. Luckily everyone is still alive so far though that's actually kind of questionable at the moment. Can't wait to get back and see what happens.

Side note, does anyone else think the audio levels are a little jacked up? It feels like the dialog is rather low in comparison with the music and soundeffects.

Another side note, hot damn the cinematography in this game is outstanding!

DJwest

Finished. Damn that was good.

I just got done with this (decided to get it from Redbox, so another playthrough won't be for a while), but wow, this might be one of my favorite games I've played in quite some time

Picked this up this morning, finished it about 30 minutes ago. All in all it was a fun game, albeit a little bit short.

Is it really possible to finish it without anyone dying? I just can't see how. I'll probably do one more play through and want to get as many survivors as possible.

How many hours did it take you to finish the game guys?

Yibby

Played it with a friend together and we tried to save everyone but that's so hard. About 50% of the cast is already dead .. lol. Often it's just luck how a decision plays out.

What kind of voodoo did they use for these graphics?! It can go from good looking to the best looking game I've ever seen! Sometimes it can look pretty much photo realistic.

I just spent like 10 minutes with the game paused twirling Emily's head around and just admiring the character model. It's blowing my mind.

Replicant

I just spent like 10 minutes with the game paused twirling Emily's head around and just admiring the character model. It's blowing my mind.

Of all the characters to admire...

iBwQvKhZx1B3Y.gif

Kinsei

Banned
Played it with a friend together and we tried to save everyone but that's so hard. About 50% of the cast is already dead .. lol. Often it's just luck how a decision plays out.

Not really. There's definitely logic, but you have to take into account the butterfly effect. For all you know you could have chosen the right choice, but you made the wrong one earlier which led to the character still dying.

Jobbs

Banned
The writers clearly intend for the player to hate Emily, but for some reason I like her. Not even sure why, since she's not the nicest person. I thought it was pretty cool how she's this prissy stuck up chick, but
when it came time to survive, she got through the mines and escaped that monster (well, at least in my play) like a boss without anyone's help -- and that was the most deadly and scary seeming area of the game so far.

BTW, is it possible to have no deaths? Sometimes it seems like I do everything right and someone still dies.

demigod

Watching pewdiepie, i think i saw him jump like 2-3 times. I definitely jumped more than that. Then again I'm playing it on a projector with my home theater set up. Does this game make anyone else jump or is it just me?

Top Bottom