• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Jobbs

Banned
Finished. One death total.

Did anyone else notice some graphical quality decrease in the final portions of the game? It seemed to look worse somehow. Either that, or my PS4 is dying.

kubus

Game Breaking bug in Chapter 10

Spoilers ahead to avoid breaking your save like me.

When you are controlling
Ashley
in the
mines

Do NOT choose
Investigate voice
, the game will fail to swap control to another character needed to progress the game.
Sucks that you ran into a bug. But lots of people went that path (I've been following the spoiler thread) and the game did not glitch out on them. Seems you were just unlucky, no reason yet to tell people to not do something I think.

Have you restarted the game yet to see if that works? Hope you can get it sorted out.

Virdix

Sucks that you ran into a bug. But lots of people went that path (I've been following the spoiler thread) and the game did not glitch out on them. Seems you were just unlucky, no reason yet to tell people to not do something I think.

Have you restarted the game yet to see if that works? Hope you can get it sorted out.

Yes, I've closed the application multiple times and restarted my PS4.

Figured I'd at least warn people about the choice even if it is a minuscule chance of it happening to someone.

Jobbs

Banned
It did have trouble processing multiple
Wendigos

In my case, I noticed mostly in the
cave with mike and sam
, most of the graphics and textures seemed shittier. To the point where I wondered if maybe my PS4 is fucking up. Maybe it was.

Virdix

When you are controlling
Ashley
in the
mines

Do NOT choose
Investigate voice
, the game will fail to swap control to another character needed to progress the game.

FYI I tweeted at Super Massive and they are DMing me about the problem, didnt expect a response so soon.

kubus

Figured I'd at least warn people about the choice even if it is a minuscule chance of it happening to someone.

Damn :(

Are you playing it on disc? Perhaps a reinstall will fix it. Hope you don't have to restart your game, that would suck.

When you are controlling
Ashley
in the
mines

Do NOT choose
Investigate voice

I did that (instantly regretted it ;_;) and had no problems with my PS4.

whyman

Only
Jess
died for me so I'm pretty happy with my playthrough but I really would have liked for them all to survive. Oh well! Great game over all, totally worth full price. I wish they keep this game alive with DLC.
A totally new short story would be fine.
or (MAJOR SPOILER NEXT)
Playing the team that goes in to clean up the mess and ends up meeting josh.

Altairre

Looking forward to playing this, will pick it up in a day or two if only to support games like this. I do enjoy open world games, Witcher 3 is my GotY so far, but I'm getting a bit tired of the Ubisoft template that a lot of them follow. There is something to be said for a focused narrative of 5-10 hours that values pacing since the open world approach fucks with said pacing almost always. I'm not really a horror movie fan but what I've seen of this game looks intriguing enough.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is it safe to just kill the app for this? I didn't see anything saying it autosaved but don't see a way to quit out to the menu.

Voorhees

I'm so glad the way my story wound up with Emily
I had Ashley tell Matt about Emily and Mike so he could see them with the telescope in the early chapter. Then after the Firewatch tower went down and she was dangling I had Matt interrogate her and that sorry bitch admitted she fucked Mike. So i had Matt jump to safety and let her slutty ass drop. Bye Emily

Inotti

I usually don't complain about day 1 dlc but I think it's kinda shitty move that you can't have all the trophies without pre-order dlc "bonus" chapter.

Other than that it has been awesome experience and I'm on my second playtrough now. ^^

Replicant

I'm so glad the way my story wound up with Emily
I had Ashley tell Matt about Emily and Mike so he could see them with the telescope in the early chapter. Then after the Firewatch tower went down and she was dangling I had Matt interrogate her and that sorry bitch admitted she fucked Mike. So i had Matt jump to safety and let her slutty ass drop. Bye Emily

..... I'm sure you do buddy. Sure you do.

Voorhees
(Today, 11:11 PM)

image.php

*backs away slowly*

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Why is the audio so bad in this? All the dialogue in the prologue sounds like they were talking into a can.

addik

Got this for my 4-day weekend! This is going to be so fun!

I'm already in the second chapter and I'm loving it so far. The game definitely feels like a marriage between Heavy Rain and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Chapter 1 first scene spoiler:
Oh man that scene leading up to the cable car in the first chapter was so Silent Hill 2.

Senoculum

Ashley looks like my girlfriend, so when I had to choose
who to kill with the circular saw; I chose the other person! lol.
Graphic scene. And the acting was great!

Jobbs

Banned
Ashley looks like my girlfriend, so when I had to choose
who to kill with the circular saw; I chose the other person! lol.
Graphic scene. And the acting was great!

Possible double embedded spoiler, so proceed with caution.

I chose to kill Josh in that scene, I was always curious what happens if you choose to kill Ashley, due to the Josh thing not being what it seems...

Kinsei

Banned
Senoculum don;t read my post or the post I'm quoting.

Possible double embedded spoiler, so proceed with caution.

I chose to kill Josh in that scene, I was always curious what happens if you choose to kill Ashley, due to the Josh thing not being what it seems...

It's rigged so that no matter what you do the saw "kills" Josh. After all Ashley was in no real danger in that scene, besides getting fake blood in her eye. That shit fucking hurts.

JoshHood

My copy of the game arrived today! However, it's the regular game, not the Extended Edition advertised :( Does anyone know if the DLC chapter will be available separately?

Stanng243

I usually don't complain about day 1 dlc but I think it's kinda shitty move that you can't have all the trophies without pre-order dlc "bonus" chapter.

Other than that it has been awesome experience and I'm on my second playtrough now. ^^

You don't need the dlc to get all the trophies. you access the same area in a different scene. At least that's what people have said in this thread.

Inotti

You don't need the dlc to get all the trophies. you access the same area in a different scene. At least that's what people have said in this thread.

Good to know. :) I read it from somewhere else that you can't access one collectible without that dlc but I'm glad if that's not the case.

Rixxan

forgive me if this has already been asked, but has anyone with any otherwise gaming averse wife or girlfriend had success with this?

like, can someone who isnt exactly proficient with the sticks pick this game up and be successful? does it require twitch skill at all or is it basically easy selections, etc?

thinking about picking this up so my wife can play, and shes pretty good at dont starve on the ps4, so shes not inept, but shes not some FPS pro either

thank you

Raide

forgive me if this has already been asked, but has anyone with any otherwise gaming averse wife or girlfriend had success with this?

like, can someone who isnt exactly proficient with the sticks pick this game up and be successful? does it require twitch skill at all or is it basically easy selections, etc?

thinking about picking this up so my wife can play, and shes pretty good at dont starve on the ps4, so shes not inept, but shes not some FPS pro either

thank you

Most timing based QTE's. Yes you navigate with the controls but its only navigation really. Then you have some timing based aiming which is basically thumbstick moving and a QTE styled button press.

Its more about the atmosphere etc.

Lime

thank you

It should be manageable. It's more about choices and consequences than tactile skills with a controller. Otherwise it's also a fun game to watch and participate in as a group.

Voorhees

thank you

You handle the controls, the exploration and the QTE's. Let her handle all the conversation and narrative decisions. That way the pressure is on both of you. That's what me and my wife do.

Either that or let her do the tutorial and you swap back and forth, you be the guys, give her the girls.

Naar

thank you

Later on some decisions come up quick and you need to know where each button is. So if they have to look at the controller to know where O is for example then they will screw up the QTEs most likely.

But the game kinda eases you into it and hopefully by the half way point they will know where each button is

It's rigged so that no matter what you do the saw "kills" Josh. After all Ashley was in no real danger in that scene, besides getting fake blood in her eye. That shit fucking hurts.

Good to know. I never chose to hurt her, because it didn't feel right and she was one of my favourites.

Sorry to hear that. That's the choice I made the first time through, and it didn't glitch on me.

Jigorath

Banned
They should add Morpheus and Move support. Add it in a free update for all current owners and rerelease the game next year with a decent marketing campaign this time.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Hey guys so im in the
Mines
with
Ashley, Em, Sam, and Chris
and I chose to investigate a sound and now i cant progress the other characters stand still and if i try to continue I clip into the walls?

Edit: According to a walkthrough I should be controlling a different character at this point, guess I'll have to restart the whole game?

How long have you been playing? You might want to check if you have an earlier save in the cloud (assuming you use PS+).

Once I hit the Mike scenes I kinda came around on the guy. Matt is still my least favorite character.

But fuck this game is good. Well done Supermassive. Tackling some unique lore; Im not finished but I am pretty sure I guessed the twists while playing, but I'm excited to see it all unfold and reveal itself.

Some sections of this game are just spot-on creepy.

Catdaddy

So are all the chapters about equal in length?

I guess it’s my playstyle (I explore a lot) and on track for this to be longer than a 10 hour game unless the final chapters are real short.

Why is the audio so bad in this? All the dialogue in the prologue sounds like they were talking into a can.

Yes, I am having this issue too. I wonder if it is something that can be fixed? It's completely killing the mood.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the game only outputting to 5.1, but I only have a 2.1 speaker set... There are barely any audio options in game.

alterno69

Banned
Chapter 4 spoilers

Lost Josh and Jess, how?
My mind is blown right now, i have no idea at what point and what decision led to that outcome lol, this fucking game is messing with me, i thougt it would be more like Heavy Rain where people die
basically if you miss a QTE

Now i will definetly have to play again and see how the fuck do i save everyone. I'm living with the consequences of my actions in this playthrough.

addik

Oh, since the topic of the pre-order DLC came around. Apparently they're giving away the story DLC even if you haven't preordered the game. I was surprised when the store (Datablitz, Philippines) gave me a copy with a code for the DLC. I think it's included in every copy of the first print.

So basically, I did a pretty shitty thing not pre-ordering this game because I would have spent the same thing, but I would have gotten a Steelbook and a pair of movie tickets with it as a pre-order bonus.

Catdaddy

I'm even using the Until Dawn sound profile on wireless gold headphones and it doesn't sound right. Really strange.

I noticed this early on when they were in the
lift
, after they exited sounded better. From that point, not sure if I got use to it or it got better.

It sounds silly but I think my favorite parts of the game were when you were being interview by Dr. Hill. He was so creepy and mysterious, plus the dialouge in those sesssions were great. I always looked forward to our next interaction.

Top Bottom