• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Found a copy for $48 like new on Ebay and won't have time to play for a few days anyway so I jumped on that. Can't wait to actually get it and get some time to play it now.

Finished last night. Can't wait to go at it again with friends this weekend. Might be a GOTY contender for
Me. It's just such a pleasure to go through

BeeDog

Just reached chapter 9 before calling it quits.

Just out of curiosity, can someone spoil me about the earliest place/chapter when a character can actually die? I'd appreciate if the character name is left out; mainly curious if (big spoiler)
the game fakes out character deaths until the wendigos are introduced, after Josh is outed

border

How does it work when you replay the chapters?

If I go in and save a character who died in Chapter 5, can I then skip to Chapter 8 and he will be back? Or do I have to play from Chapter 5 onward just to have changes carry from chapter to chapter?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
How does it work when you replay the chapters?

If I go in and save a character who died in Chapter 5, can I then skip to Chapter 8 and he will be back? Or do I have to play from Chapter 5 onward just to have changes carry from chapter to chapter?

I'd like to know this too.

border

Just out of curiosity, can someone spoil me about the earliest place/chapter when a character can actually die? I'd appreciate if the character name is left out; mainly curious if (big spoiler)
the game fakes out character deaths until the wendigos are introduced, after Josh is outed

I imagine Jessica is probably the first person who can die, if Mike doesn't chase her down fast enough. Can you kill Ashley when you are forced to choose who gets the buzzsaw?

I think Jessica and Matt are the characters who are the most disposable (from a story perspective). Everyone else has to be kept around for much longer.

Could somebody answer with spoiler tags about the DLC. I think I'm just about to start chapter 5 and I forgot to install the DLC. Can I still install and play it or does it take place before chapter 5?

KorrZ

FUCK. Well, looks like I'm not saving everybody :(

Shit. Really curious what I could have done to avoid this...I'm not sure what the ripple was on this one.

Josh just got sawed the fuck in half, it was him or Ashley with no other option :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Shit. Really curious what I could have done to avoid this...I'm not sure what the ripple was on this one.

Josh just got sawed the fuck in half, it was him or Ashley with no other option :(
Keep playing :)

Kinsei

Banned

Jess can die when she's taken from the cabin.
Matt can die by attacking the deer and by being attacked in the mines before the wendigo reveal.

border

I know it's possible to save them, but it's kinda funny how for most players the first character to die will either be the slut or the black guy. I wonder if that was intentional.

Kinsei

Banned
Finished the game with 1 survivor, which is bad considering I was actively trying to kill all of them. On for play #2!

Who and how? I mean
everyone has one super obvious possible death that seems to have been put in for players like you.

Just started played not five minutes ago and I've already got two dead bodies
at the bottom of some cliff
. Seeing actual consequences to my actions not even ten minutes to the game is exhilarating.

JonnyKong

I don't like playing the Mike sections cos I don't want him to die :(

And damn I just revealed a little spoiler to myself up above. Damn the black boxes being so tempting!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Oh really? I wouldn't know because I've been on a media blackout until I started playing.

-1 for false sense of agency.

You've been on a media blackout? Don't rob yourself of the experience by reading anything more in this thread until you're done. Trust me.

Bate

man, I am loathing Sony for their dlc pratices. The so-called bonus scene is clearly ripped out of the normal game. While playing I was asking myself what the annoying bitch and her jock lover were doing. This part was clearly missing. This "bonus scene" is Amazon exclusive in Germany and that means that your regular 60 bucks are not good enough for you to enjoy the whole game. You have habe to shell out 75 there (70 game + 5 for delivery of an 18+ item). I almost never pay close to 60 Euros for a game, and then I make this exeption and not even am I getting the whole game - its kind of infuriating.

Virdix

Nah, my PS+ storage has been full for awhile. My own fault on that one, reinstalled the game last night. Going to try playing here soon, will update.

If its still broken after the reinstall I was planning on recording it for Supermassive to look at, ill post it here too.

Uploading video now, says about 40 minutes(damn you Centurylink)

There's some legit classic Resident Evil looking stuff in this game, love it.
Done for the night, we just stopped right after last year's PSX demo. I keep second guessing myself
If I had hidden I could have grabbed that baseball bat from earlier
Chapter 5 was awesome
I cut Ward's fingers but he's a valiant bro, he'll be okay. Plus, he has an awesome doggy friend now.

That's exactly what happened to me. I've been looking at it from all angles trying to imagine a more positive outcome and couldn't.
I kind of hedged my bets though
as I find Josh weird and can't shake the idea he's part of it.

Keep playing :)
Oh well.

Played until the end of chapter 4 in one sitting, that was intense and I like the game a lot so far.
The decision between Josh and Ash was cruel but I had a strong feeling the lever was going to be rigged to choose the other person.

JonnyKong

Have the trophy notifications being popping up at weird times for other people too? Actually it makes kinda sense that they would appear at the end of the chapter you got them in.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Finished the game with 1 survivor, which is bad considering I was actively trying to kill all of them. On for play #2!

It can actually be quite difficult to kill everyone. What I've found is that if you have more than two people going into the finale, you need to carefully think about your choices.

CH. 4, 6, 8, 9 10 are when folks can bite the dust. If you're going for all deaths, you'll know you're on the right track if at CH 8 and 9 the titles are different.

Are chapters the titled sections or what? I've only received two trophies randomly after a chapter.

as someone previously said...its when you get the previously on... screen. I guess technically, they are called Episodes, not chapters.

And you wont be getting many trophies during a playthrough. You could probably manage to get 0 in a playthrough if you arent actively trying to do them. There are only 19 total for the game I believe

My favorite chapter so far was chapter 8, because its main protagonist was clearly Sam's ass.

Seriously, it's like the devs went out of their way to include it in as many shots as possible.

Thank you, Supermassive Games

Replicant

Hahaha, I just had a perfect escape. To be honest though, half of the time I didn't know if I was making the right choices but it clearly works.

Virdix

Game Breaking bug in Chapter 10

Spoilers ahead to avoid breaking your save like me.

When you are controlling
Ashley
in the
mines

Do NOT choose
Investigate voice
, the game will fail to swap control to another character needed to progress the game.

So here is what is going on in my playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thl0FPqhggw

Cant progress anymore, seems like a very small chance for this to happen as the only other indication I've gotten of it happening is http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/827528-until-dawn/72382024

No one replied to his post either, I've been DMing with Supermassive on Twitter and recorded this video for them. So, if you take this choice there is a very small chance of this happening or perhaps a certain trigger for it.

JonnyKong

I know this might be a nuisance to ask, but I think it might be a good idea if when people are posting spoilers, can they please start off the comment stating the chapter they are talking about. I'd quite like to read all your thoughts and comments on the chapters I know I've played so far, but I'm scared to reveal any of the black boxes in case it's a future chapter you're talking about. Like this for example..

Chap 5 -
blah de blah etc etc

Pinktaco

Alright so I feel dumb by now. I've done the shooting tutorial and yet I can't seem to remember how to shoot anymore. What botton will make the character shoot once you've passed over the circle and it turns green? I keep pressing X (among other buttons) and nothing happens.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Alright so I feel dumb by now. I've done the shooting tutorial and yet I can't seem to remember how to shoot anymore. What botton will make the character shoot once you've passed over the circle and it turns green? I keep pressing X (among other buttons) and nothing happens.

R2.

brau

Oh. nice to see you around here. Enjoying UD?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm not reading anyone's spoilers here but on my first playthrough I am selecting the least preferred option (see the percentage by ticking the box in the settings) for all choices.

ViciousDS

Banned
Man just started and I swear if I ever kill Sam I will never forgive myself.....by far my favorite character along with Josh and chris

Chairhome

Man. I rented this game but now I think I'm going to buy it. I'm loving it, and can't wait to play again with friends and do different choices. Will enjoy reading through the thread after I finish the game... right now it looks like a redacted government document.

HF2014

Very tempt to get this game. Got some questions if you got time to answer

- the dlc, can it be purchase separatly from ps store or it only come with the extended edition?

- there are multiple ending, but does the game restart the same way every time you want to restart it? Will i see multiple cut scene i havent seen before with lots of playthrew? Enemies act differently depending of what you are doing?

Top Bottom