• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm playing blind and I've had a really hard time to not hit the reset button. I'm so bad! I'm trying to save them and it's not working! D:

Corpekata

Banned
Very tempt to get this game. Got some questions if you got time to answer

- the dlc, can it be purchase separatly from ps store or it only come with the extended edition?

- there are multiple ending, but does the game restart the same way every time you want to restart it? Will i see multiple cut scene i havent seen before with lots of playthrew? Enemies act differently depending of what you are doing?

For the most part, aside from a couple instances in the middle of the game, you're not going to get a huge variety of scenes until the last few chapters. Will get some different dialogue and some tweaked scenes, but nothing too major.

Se_7_eN

This is the first time in my history of gaming, that I am just as excited to play through the second time, as I was the first...

hydruxo

Man. I rented this game but now I think I'm going to buy it. I'm loving it, and can't wait to play again with friends and do different choices. Will enjoy reading through the thread after I finish the game... right now it looks like a redacted government document.

Same here, I wasn't interested in this game at all but I rented it from Redbox today and I've really been enjoying it.

Caode

Played about an hour and a half there after it unlocked - loving the atmosphere of it so far, and generally just how it's playing up to every cliche in the book, great stuff.

Achtius

Holy Crap, this game. Just finished it. I enjoyed every moment of it. Can't seem to access the DLC even though i downloaded it.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Glad this game is here to remind me what a big pussy I am. Barely an hour in and I almost shit myself at a couple of these jump scares.

Grown ass man. Embarassing.

Nuke Soda

Put 3 or so hours into the game and so far only lost one character, think I might be somewhere in the middle.

Character:
Josh got sawed in half in a scene right out of Saw where my character, dude with glasses, was forced to pick between his best friend or his maybe girlfriend. I chose neither hoping it would cleverly stop the saw. I was so very, utterly wrong.

Just finished the game with only 3 deaths one was a mistake in button pressing and one i failed the very last don't move segment but there is a death in chapter 10 that I don't know what I did or didn't do to cause.

How do I keep Josh from getting bodied by the wendigo in chapter 10

Great game though I picked it up from redbox and played the hell out of it for 2 days, going to buy it for sure after i get metal gear.

Toro

Banned
Man. I rented this game but now I think I'm going to buy it. I'm loving it, and can't wait to play again with friends and do different choices. Will enjoy reading through the thread after I finish the game... right now it looks like a redacted government document.
Very tempt to get this game.
You should! If you like this game and the idea behind it, buy it. I want a sequel and I want Sony to know it. So hell yes, buy it as soon as possible. I want UNTIL DAWN 2!

antitrop

It's finally over! I'm out of breath from all those
Hold the Controller Steady sequences
right there at the end, but I made it out with 3 characters alive!
Sam, Chris, and Emily

Mike died right at the very end, in a ball of flames as the house went up, because Emily chickened out like a little bitch and ran out of the house without flicking the switch, EMILY IS THE TRUE VILLAIN OF THIS GAME

Magnificent experience, absolutely one of the best that gaming has to offer so far this year. Excelling beyond all expectations in atmosphere, tension, and pacing, the game just keeps getting better and doesn't let you down in the end.

That final chapter was just... sheeeeeeeeit.

Elitist1945

You should! If you like this game and the idea behind it, buy it. I want a sequel and I want Sony to know it. So hell yes, buy it as soon as possible. I want UNTIL DAWN 2!

The problem with an Until Dawn sequel would be the multiple endings of the first.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The problem with an Until Dawn sequel would be the multiple endings of the first.

Someone earlier in the thread suggested they pull an American Horror Story, and just create a new scenario with the same talent.

I'd like that.

But you're right, a direct sequel would be tricky.

Corpekata

Banned
If they made a sequel I imagine it would be its' own story, just a similar premise of the whole "control a cast in a horror movie" concept.

carlsojo

Someone earlier in the thread suggested they pull an American Horror Story, and just create a new scenario with the same talent.

I'd like that.

I think they should keep Peter Stormare as the Analyst
but as the figment of someone else's mind
to loosely tie the series together.

Elitist1945

I'd like that.

Never seen it, so I'd need a further explanation of that.

I would really like to see another game, though. Just have Sam for all I care. GOAT character.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think they should keep Peter Stormare as the Analyst
but as the figment of someone else's mind
to loosely tie the series together.

Peter Stormare has been fantastic....I'm on chapter 7 but he plays that role so fucking perfect....much love to the guy

Corpekata

Banned

I would really like to see another game, though. Just have Sam for all I care. GOAT character.

AHS does a new story every season, while retaining some cast members in different roles. The plots aren't connected beyond a few easter egg type things.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

American Horror Story reinvents itself every season, reusing some of the same actors, but as completely different characters in a new scenario.

Put me in the list of renters. Got the last copy at my local RedBox since GS all over the area are sold out. What's the average time for completion so far?

Rixxan

Quick, act 4 spoilers!!!!

i forget what he said, do I point the lever to the person I want to save or I want to kill?!

This game tho, wow

Loudninja

Hey guys Supermassive put out a FAQ:

On my PlayStation 4 pre-order it shows I still have a ridiculous number of days (around 128) to go before I can play the game…

This is an issue Sony is aware of; at this time there is a reported work around which some users have found successful here

The speech in the game is very muffled through my TV or headphones.

We have received a small number of reports of this and we are investigating the problem.

One reported workaround for stereo audio systems is to change the audio settings on your PlayStation 4 system.
Open the Menu “SETTINGS/SOUND AND SCREEN/AUDIO OUTPUT SETTINGS” and ensure the Audio Format is set to Linear PCM.

I cannot find the bonus content that my pre-order promised.

To access the bonus materials, you should redeem the code found in physical copies in the PlayStation Store before starting a New Story.
If you downloaded the title from the store, it is automatically added to the game.‬

On the box it says I can use a move controller to play the game, but I cannot get it to work.

This is a misprint in a small run of packaging; Until Dawn does not support the Move Controller.

Why doesn’t Until Dawn have…

We have received a number of requests for changes or features for Until Dawn – we are looking at these requests.

I’m having problems with Twitch

We are discussing all reported Twitch issues with Sony. We are trying to find a solution ASAP.

I’m in Canada and I cannot get the game to display in French.

At the moment we have this workaround. On a retail disc when the system language is set to French (Canada), the game only boots in English.
To access the French language, switch the system language to French (France).

I have a problem that is not covered here.

Sony handles all customer support for Until Dawn and they can be contacted online at:
http://www.supermassivegames.com/smg-games/until-dawn/until-dawn-faq/

Nope, but you saying that makes me wanna. Do they do anything unique with remote play (such as how with COD Ghosts they added a grenade touch icon).
Not that I noticed. But with my ds4 I've been using motion controls and vita switches it to regular. But I played for a few hours and had zero problems

Karak

Finished it. First half was so blah I can't ever see replaying it, last half ALMOST made up for that but man...that first 2 hours is straight up paincity. I got out with 2 dead. Not bad for looking away at a important moment and botching one chance lol

Top Bottom