• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

600 people currently streaming on Live from Playstation! :O

I think this game will end up a bit of a sleeper hit.
That much is a given, everything else would be a travesty. Hopefully it can match the success of other games in the genre as well.

Does anybody know if there are plans to release the soundtrack to this game? It's so well done and I would love to purchase it. A physical copy would be fantastic.
Sony suuuuucks about physically releasing their OSTs. Most of them dont even get an iTunes release, only the big hitters like TLoU get the good treatment. At least they usually ship them digitally with CEs, which is better than no OST release at all.

Does the game have any supernatural things in it?
Yuuuuuup.

Endo Punk

A missed opportunity as Heavy Rains demo worked extremely well. I think the same was true for TWD actually, these type of games seem to demo rather well. If you like this genre at least somewhat and take no issue with horror cliches this game should be up your alley though.

love the slasher genre and dont mind its cliches. i will get it in oct but yea it would be nice to try a demo, i could have sworn it was confirmed a few months ago that it would get a demo. maybe a later release.

We need more games like this. There are so many other genres other than horror that this could suit well.
Well, Sony is working on that, despite some journalists outcry (referencing Metro here): "we dont understand why Sony is so invested into this genre we dont like"
Pretty pathetic, so it makes me happy Sony will likely push it even more now.

You need to pad that spoiler bar out. Way too easy to determine what word lays underneath.
Why? Could easily be a:
No.
as well.

stryke

love the slasher genre and dont mind its cliches. i will get it in oct but yea it would be nice to try a demo, i could have sworn it was confirmed a few months ago that it would get a demo. maybe a later release.

Last month or the month before Supermassive on twitter asked for retweets to gauge demand for a demo. Maybe it just didn't work out.

I haven't looked into any reviews yet, I'm planning to just hasn't had a chance, just a couple questions.

How long is the game?

Does it happen to have a chapter select, like the Telltale Walking Dead games?

Anung

Un Rama
I haven't looked into any reviews yet, I'm planning to just hasn't had a chance, just a couple questions.

How long is the game?

7-8 hours or about that. It does have a chapter select and its broken up like Alan Wake/Siren were each chapter is an episode (previously on...)

FrsDvl

How long is the game?

Roughly 7 hours, and yes, it does after you finish the game.

How long is the game?

7-10 hours depending on your urge to explore everything. Chapter select is unlocked after you beat the game, the plot is told in episodes.

Just rented from Redbox and gonna get started tonight. Really interested in checking this out, but didn't want to buy with MGSV on Tuesday.

ike_

I'm 1 hour from dawn and I have to say I love this game soooo much. It is the perfect realization of Cage- and Telltale-style games to a pretty remarkable degree. Been a long time since a game had me hooked for sessions this long. I'm super tense in just about every chapter, and I was torn apart when one of my favorite characters died because of something I knew I did wrong as I was doing it.

Even the horror tropes are classic but don't feel predictable. Can't believe it took so long for a game like this to be developed.

How long is the game?

It's about 8-10 hours if you explore and take your time. Might take more depending on how you play.

Yes there's an episode select.

GavinUK86

The idle animations are so freakin' good.

JH12gc8.gif

GHG

Gold Member
Well, Sony is working on that, despite some journalists outcry (referencing Metro here): "we dont understand why Sony is so invested into this genre we dont like"
Pretty pathetic, so it makes me happy Sony will likely push it even more now.

Metro tries way too hard to be dudebro it's ridiculous. Can't take anything they write of any of their reviews seriously. They also love to hate on Sony exclusive games, it's just how it is.

Good thing the vast majority if the gaming press have given the game a fair shake.

Beat the game and managed to save everyone. Love love love love love this game. Was definitely sweating in the final chapter though, holy shit. I really didn't wanna lose anyone after coming that far.

Took 6:30 to beat the game and I'm quite mad. Everyone lived up until literally the last part of the game and then died. Frustrated beyond belief.

fin

Fuck I drove to Best Buy wanting to pick this up, $74.99, damn Canadian dollar...I couldn't spend that much money on a game... It's like the N64/SNES days up here...

Game looks rad though, really wanna play it.

jayu26

Fuck I drove to Best Buy wanting to pick this up, $74.99, damn Canadian dollar...I couldn't spend that much money on a game... It's like the N64/SNES days up here...

Game looks rad though, really wanna play it.

Canadian retails are training me to either pre-order everything I'm interested in playing day-one during E3 discount week (I can always cancel), or just wait for the price to go down.

thread got more posts than gow. what's happening

NeoGAF behaviour does not represent behaviour of rest of the gaming community.

Bowler

Metro tries way too hard to be dudebro it's ridiculous. Can't take anything they write of any of their reviews seriously. They also love to hate on Sony exclusive games, it's just how it is.

Good thing the vast majority if the gaming press have given the game a fair shake.

Peeps still go to the metro site?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Enjoying the game so far. Is this game an easy platinum?

Leeness

FUCK.

Chapter 5 with Mike

I used my machete down to the handle to get Mike's fingers out of the bear trap. I'm so mad at myself. That's obviously going to bite me in the ass later. FUCK. I didn't want him to have to amputate his fingers :( But once I tried once and the machete broke, I figured I may as well go to the end because the machete became useless after it broke the first time...

The butterfly effect for it is mocking me, too. "Mike freed himself from the bear trap. Mike no longer had a usable machete."

I'm so mad that I did that in turning the game off for the night lol

I don't watch tv or listen to radio, but was this marketed in any way? I know I never saw a single commercial of it in YouTube. It seems to have completely gone under the radar, which is a shame since its been getting good reviews.(for the record, I haven't played it yet.)

It just seems like something a lot of people would like if they had heard about it. It feels like Sony is trying to sweep it under the rug like it was Devil's Third or something.

This game, man, so freakin intense.

I'm now at Chapter 4,
I think I just managed to kill off one of the annoying cast, Jessica. 1 down, 6 to go, emily will outlive everyone.

Fhtagn

This game is so damn good. My wife and I watch a ton of horror movies together (for example we saw Maniac Cop 2 last night at Alamo Drafthouse Yonkers!) so we played this together and we had a blast. We just stopped at the start of chapter 4.

So far
deaths,
other than the opening tutorial and I'm guessing they aren't actually dead
. I think we might have avoided one super early possible death but I'm not sure. Which chapter is the earliest you can have someone die? Is it
in the mine
?

Replicant

FUCK.

Chapter 5 with Mike

I used my machete down to the handle to get Mike's fingers out of the bear trap. I'm so mad at myself. That's obviously going to bite me in the ass later. FUCK. I didn't want him to have to amputate his fingers :( But once I tried once and the machete broke, I figured I may as well go to the end because the machete became useless after it broke the first time...

The butterfly effect for it is mocking me, too. "Mike freed himself from the bear trap. Mike no longer had a usable machete."

Hmmm...

A broken machete is better than nothing. You should have cut his finger.

Don't know what horror awaits you now. >:)

DirtyLarry

Okay the game ramped up and I'm really loving it now. Think I'm on Chapter 6 now. Damn good.

Just wondering two things...
the very beginning was there a way to save one of the sisters?
The scene where you choose between Ashley or Josh is there any way to not kill either?
For my second question if so, this very well may the first game in years I will play twice.

I don't watch tv or listen to radio, but was this marketed in any way? I know I never saw a single commercial of it in YouTube. It seems to have completely gone under the radar, which is a shame since its been getting good reviews.(for the record, I haven't played it yet.)

It just seems like something a lot of people would like if they had heard about it. It feels like Sony is trying to sweep it under the rug like it was Devil's Third or something.
Its not that bad, SCEE is putting some effort in. SCEA is sleeping on the job, but that was to be expected.

emily will outlive everyone.
I sure hope so.

Nuke Soda

Okay the game ramped up and I'm really loving it now. Think I'm on Chapter 6 now. Damn good.

The scene where you choose between Ashley or Josh is there any way to not kill either?
For my second question if so, this very well may the first game in years I will play twice.

The twins die no matter what. Not sure about the second, I didn't make a choice and Josh got halved still.

Sort of Answers

1. No____________
2. Yes_____________

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Welp.

My ending spoilers.

Everyone died but Sam and Mike, is it even possible for those two to die? I think the game just gave me some pity alive characters.

Which chapter is the earliest you can have someone die? Is it
in the mine
?
Earliest death possible is Jessica after the cabin.

No to both questions. Keep playing though.

Top Bottom