• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

;______; Noooooooo
I think you should be fine, not sure though. Just stay on your toes :)

Welp.

My ending spoilers.

Everyone died but Sam and Mike, is it even possible for those two to die? I think the game just gave me some pity alive characters.
Both of them wear indestructible plot armour until the very last scene, they can only die there and will survive the rest even if you fail everything.

Replicant

I think you should be fine, not sure though. Just stay on your toes :)
I hope so ;___; I will be careful from now on
and amputate any body parts required of me

He he he. Don't quote me on this but this is how I see things considering I had that tool and more.

Ch.9 SPOILER -

The machete is important to defend Mike from the incoming onslaught of you know what in Ch.9. Without it you are either toast or have to be protected by Wolfie. But that requires you to befriend Wolfie in Ch.5 (don't kick the wolf and give him meat/bone and pet him). And if Wolfie protects you, I'm afraid that poor Wolf is going to die, I think. Don't quote me on that. My Wolfie survive because I had the half machete to stuck into the you know what. You don't want to be an animal killer, do you? :p

My favorite characters list now that I've completed it:

1. Wolfie
2. Sam
3. Mike
4. Chris
5. Josh
6. Ashley
7. Emily

8. Jessica
9. Matt

The one that I bolded survive in my first game. Well, sort of.
Josh turned into you know what

Corpekata

Banned
Don't quote me on this but this is how I see things considering I had that tool and more.

Ch.9 SPOILER -

The machete is important to defend Mike from the incoming onslaught of you know what in Ch.9. Without it you are either toast or have to be protected by Wolfie. But that requires you to befriend Wolfie in Ch.5 (don't kick the wolf and give him meat/bone and pet him). And if Wolfie protects you, I'm afraid that poor Wolf is going to die, I think. Don't quote me on that. My Wolfie survive because I had the half machete to stuck into the you know what.

Total Spoiler don't read if you don't want the correct answer here:
Like none of this is correct. Mike simply has plot armor.

Just finished it holy fuck amazing game. I fucked up with a certain something in the last chapter but will be replaying asap.

I'd give it a 9/10 based on my first play, ending could've been better but I'm not sure if there are better endings. Either way, great game.

He he he. Don't quote me on this but this is how I see things considering I had that tool and more.

Ch.9 SPOILER -

The machete is important to defend Mike from the incoming onslaught of you know what in Ch.9. Without it you are either toast or have to be protected by Wolfie. But that requires you to befriend Wolfie in Ch.5 (don't kick the wolf and give him meat/bone and pet him). And if Wolfie protects you, I'm afraid that poor Wolf is going to die, I think. Don't quote me on that. My Wolfie survive because I had the half machete to stuck into the you know what. You don't want to be an animal killer, do you? :p

My favorite characters list now that I've completed it:

1. Wolfie
2. Sam
3. Mike
4. Chris
5. Josh
6. Ashley
7. Emily

8. Jessica
9. Matt

The one that I bolded survive in my first game. Well, sort of.
Josh turned into you know what
Yup, I think Wolfie might be a goner :/

Replicant

Total Spoiler don't read if you don't want the correct answer here:
Like none of this is correct. Mike simply has plot armor.

Ah, I see.
I thought he can die in that sanitorium.

EDIT:
But Wolfie will be a goner if you don't have the machete, right?

Corpekata

Banned
Ah, I see.
I thought he can die in that sanitorium.

EDIT:
But Wolfie will be a goner if you don't have the machete, right?

No, you just need to barricade the door. Most of the important moments are pretty binary choices. The game is good on selling you that everything matters, but it doesn't.

Replicant

Bummer. That's a bit disappointing. I hope they can do a better branching path next time.

Also, I find it puzzling as I read the thread that people have trouble with the standing still sequence. I thought that was easy. Just sit with your legs crossed and put your arm and your controller on it. Then stay still and make sure the blue light on the screen stays within the boundary:

SPOILER FOR THE FINAL CHAPTER! - Third video

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzzZJsRYlIJZWacRbtu5rna_xO3P1_8JF

Astral

Goddammit I just got
Chris
killed after he
kissed Ashley.
I feel like such an asshole. I took too long to aim.

SSReborn

Bummer. That's a bit disappointing. I hope they can do a better branching path next time.

Also, I find it puzzling as I read the thread that people have trouble with the standing still sequence. I thought that was easy. Just sit with your legs crossed and put your arm and your controller on it. Then stay still and make sure the blue light on the screen stays within the boundary:
Video picture is some heavy spoilers dude

Guys, I'm a dirty cheater. Every time I made a choice where something bad happened, I just exited the game and did it over again. Realizing how stupid that was, as your decisions are the entire premise of the game.

Replicant

As of pretty recently, you can spoiler tag images and videos on GAF now.

Can you? I'd give it a try.

EDIT: Nope. On mobile it'd still give it a preview.

Guys, I'm a dirty cheater. Every time I made a choice where something bad happened, I just exited the game and did it over again. Realizing how stupid that was, as your decisions are the entire premise of the game.

I didn't know you can do that. Wouldn't the game auto-save everytime something important happens?

And yes, you are. :p

Reminds me of my experince with Mario Party 4 as a child playing with bots.

addik

I'm already on the fifth chapter... I've been having a busy weekend, but I am still enjoying this game whenever I can.

I love the fact that you are rewarded with exploration through totems and clues that expand the world. I am not sure how corny/amazing the mystery will turn it out to be, but I like that gameplay aspect. It makes exploration so much more fun and rewarding.

Some spoilerous thoughts so far:
GOD DAMN THAT ASHLEY-JOSH choice. I am assuming the only way to save both is if you entered in that double door near the totem, right? If so, FFS I had a hunch that I should pass through those doors, why didn't I listen to my fucking instincts? I chose Ashley, but fuck, I actually liked Josh.

Also had the same hunch upon examining that waving hand at the Sanatorium. I should have just ignored it :/ Now I am without a machete.

Managed to save Sam, though! Thanks be the heaven!

I think I saved Jessica. It says I was able to find her, plus the scene that followed upon seeing her was the same as the Good Fortune totem. So I guess I'm good?

Also, I managed to spoil myself with the Psychiatrist and the Killer accidentally. My mom called me to help her out with some stuff during a session, and I was surprised to see the killer's face on the menu instead of the psychiatrist. I dunno what it means, but he did appear in that scene. So I guess I was the killer all along?

Astral

Just beat the game. Only Sam, Emily, and Jessica survived my game. I thought choosing to
save Mike
at the end would have killed everyone. I gotta say, I fucking hate Emily. I tried to like her but she's a bitch through and through. Simply an awful person.

The idle animations are so freakin' good.

JH12gc8.gif

The first time I landed on the title screen with Sam, moved the stick and she turned to stare straight at me. It was seriously impressive.

Finished this a couple days ago via Red Box rental. I only had one chance to play through it, taking about 7 hours to do so. You'd really have to be wandering around aimlessly to get 10 hours out of a playthrough.

I'd like to play through the game again, but will probably wait until it's around $20 to pick up. Enjoyed the experience, and would recommend at least renting it.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Chapter 6 spoiler (possibly chapter 7, can't remember)

The guidance totem totally fucked me! I had a guidance totem that showed emily giving Matt the flare gun. So when I found it at the watch tower that's what I did, gave it to Matt. He fired it off in the air immediately. Later in the mine Matt got attacked by the creature and killed. The butterfly effect said Matt didn't have anything to defend himself with because he used the flare gun. Wtf!

I had really good fun in my first run through of the game!! great piece and are setting,

My ending was
Ashley,Sam, Mike and Em alive~
wonder how the other passed in my first run through xD

Jesus christ! I was doing so good until the end where I made a stupid decision after another, what sick fuck!

Sam
Christ
Emily

Question,
is it possible to save Josh? I don't think I did anything wrong in his death.

Oh right, like 8hs. 9/10 for sure!

Trouble

Banned
Jesus christ! I was doing so good until the end where I made a stupid decision after another, what sick fuck!

Sam
Christ
Emily

Question,

There is a possible outcome where he isn't dead at the end of the game.

Finished up the Platinum for the game tonight, and I still can't get enough. I've got to say that was one of the easiest Platinums I've ever gotten, not that I'm complaining.

About to start up another playthrough; I'm going to make some minor changes and also not completely destroy
Matt and Emily's relationship.

Chapter 6 spoiler (possibly chapter 7, can't remember)

The guidance totem totally fucked me! I had a guidance totem that showed emily giving Matt the flare gun. So when I found it at the watch tower that's what I did, gave it to Matt. He fired it off in the air immediately. Later in the mine Matt got attacked by the creature and killed. The butterfly effect said Matt didn't have anything to defend himself with because he used the flare gun. Wtf!

This happened during my first playthrough as well. Apparently, you have to
be reluctant about going to the radio tower for Matt not to fire the gun.
You can also survive by just
choosing to jump to safety instead of trying to save Emily.

There is a possible outcome where he isn't dead at the end of the game.

I mean
I was walking in the water with Mike and Josh, something grabbed Mike and then the Hannah Wendigo appeared and killed Josh, there was nothing I could have done. Is there any previous choice or something that could have saved him?

Replicant

I mean
I was walking in the water with Mike and Josh, something grabbed Mike and then the Hannah Wendigo appeared and killed Josh, there was nothing I could have done. Is there any previous choice or something that could have saved him?

If you get
2 important documents regarding the twin sisters,especially the diary prior to Josh' encounter, Josh will be able to recognise Hannah from the tattoo because Sam told him beforehand about what might happened back then. Then Hannah will just drag him instead of crushing his head

If you get
2 important documents regarding the twin sisters,especially the diary prior to Josh' encounter, Josh will be able to recognise Hannah from the tattoo because Sam told him beforehand about what might happened back then. Then Hannah will just drag him instead of crushing his head

Oh... I did find the picture with the tattoo but didn't have that dialogue between Sam and Josh, whatever... I'm going to play all over again anyway. Thanks!

Ray Down

Banned
At chapter 10 now.

No deaths so far.
Mike saved the wolfie and helped him escape
Jessica is still alive
Chris didn't stay to wait for mike and or rest
Ashley went with the gang and avoided the Wendingo
Matt still around even though I haven't played in in like 4 chapters
Josh while losing his mind is still alive
Sam just saved Mike
Emily while bitten/cut by the dingo, I didn't shot her and she will be fine.

Will everyone live or will one, two or all fall before dawn.

I like that when you made all of the horrific mistake towards the end, the game really does feel like the end of a horror film where eveything that could go wrong, do go wrong. It's a satisfying feeling in that morbid kind of way. There's a sense of desperation and impending doom and you feel helpless to help the character. I think that's a rare thing to experience in a game.

Even worse, I was making mistakes I knew I shouldn't make because I know horror, but oh no ... I had to go off and check out that thing.

Replicant

Sam
Christ
Emily

Question,

At chapter 10 now.

No deaths so far.
Jessica is still alive
Sam just saved Mike

He he he.......

I like that when you made all of the horrific mistake towards the end, the game really does feel like the end of a horror film where eveything that could go wrong, do go wrong. It's a satisfying feeling in that morbid kind of way. There's a sense of desperation and impending doom and you feel helpless to help the character. I think that's a rare thing to experience in a game.

At chapter 10 now.

No deaths so far.
Jessica is still alive
Sam just saved Mike

How do you save the wolf? I managed to escape until a hole where the Wolf didn't jump in and the Wendigos got him.

GHG

Gold Member
How do you save the wolf? I managed to escape until a hole where the Wolf didn't jump in and the Wendigos got him.

there is a point where you have to barricade the door instead of choosing to just run away without barricading. That's key to saving wolfie.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Been playing in complete darkness in a bat cave with headphones on a couple hours a night. I'm at the beginning of chapter 9 now and loving it. R.I.P.
****Matt****
(so far) That death came the only time I was influenced by a partial spoiler.

Been playing in complete darkness with headphones on a couple hours a night. I'm at the beginning of chapter 9 now and loving it. R.I.P.
****Matt****
That death came the only time I was influenced by a partial spoiler.

Man I did the same, headset in complete darkness and it's almost 5 am already here, I'm going to dream about
Wendigos
the rest of the night, good thing is my dog is giving me some company.

there is a point where you have to barricade the door instead of choosing to just run away without barricading. That's key to saving wolfie.
Wow, didn't even realize you had to do that to get him to survive. The time I didn't, he wasn't with me on that playthrough. Cool.

Top Bottom