• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Gxgear

How do you guys feel about Odin Sphere, Grand Kingdom, ie. upcoming titles available on both home and handheld Playstation consoles at launch? I'm leaning towards getting them on the lead platform which I'm assuming is PS4, and perhaps pick up the Vita versions at a discount later on.

Shizuka

How do you guys feel about Odin Sphere, Grand Kingdom, ie. upcoming titles available on both home and handheld Playstation consoles at launch? I'm leaning towards getting them on the lead platform which I'm assuming is PS4, and perhaps pick up the Vita versions at a discount later on.

Whenever a title is PS4/Vita, PS4/PS3/Vita, Steam/Vita, Steam/PS4/Vita or Steam/PS4/PS3/Vita, I'll get the Vita version. Even if it's a hot mess like Nights of Azure.

Prelude.

Odin Sphere is 60fps on Vita, no idea about GK.
But anyway, I'd rather play them on a handheld, they're not compromised in any way.

I've only got the Vita versions pre-ordered. Shame that Odin Sphere isn't getting a fancy CE on Vita. NISA was glad to take my $80 for Grand Kingdom GE 'cause they know what's up. If I was rich I'd buy both, but I prefer Vita. To play on and to collect for.

Even all the way back with Dragon's Crown I ended up going only Vita and cancelling my PS3 pre-order before release. Either version got the art book, so it was all good.

Grand Kingdom looks so amazing

Cant wait for the summer of Vita

Damnit i want that SaGa game and 13 Sentinels as well... Whatever it is

Clive

I always go with the Vita version unless there is some special circumstance or the Vita port is barely playable. Heck, I even played through Borderlands 2 on the Vita in spite of owning a PS3 copy. Revelations 2 was also good enough on the Vita for me and I spent more on my import copy than what I would have on a PS4/Steam version.

I do have the PS4 version of Odin Sphere pre-ordered though because I like shiny things and the Vita isn't getting the LE. Might get the Vita version too though if it ever becomes cheap. I also bought Akiba's Trip during a clearance on the PS4 for sub-$10 but I haven't played it yet.

Labadal

I'm thinking Grand Kingdom on Vita and Odin Sphere on PS4.

I still don't know myself. I found a really cheap pre-order for the Odin Sphere PS4 LE so I'm probably going with that even though I was planning to get it on Vita at first. If publishers would offer PS4 + Vita combo packs at a decent price I would probably choose those.

The fact that Vita versions are cheaper and work on PSTV for playing on a TV is usually a good reason for the Vita version though. I think games on PSTV look pretty decent. Obviously not PS4 IQ, but good enough. I prefer that to PS4 -> Vita remote play by far.

Vita version for me.

Cheaper and more likely to be played (performance doesn't really bother me, but ability to play anywhere in my house does). And if I do want to play on a TV, there's my PSTV.

Tohsaka

If it's on both I usually get the PS4, version since I do all my Vita gaming at home anyway and would rather have it at 1080p on my TV if possible.

maouvin

It depends. For OS and GK I'm going Vita, since Vanillaware games perform well on the system. GK feels the same. Loading screens will be longer, but I can deal with that. Turn-based RPGs I prefer to play on Vita too, like Digimon.
Now, for 3D action games, where the performance difference is more evident, I'll go for the best performance, so Estival Versus and Nights of Azure (in a scenario where the Vita version came over) I'll grab on PS4.

And for Toukiden I double dip ¦3

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Starter kits in Japan for 19.980 yen launching march 3
PS-Vita-Starter-Kit-JP-Ann.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ps-vita-starter-kit-bundle-announced-japan

wilflare

Does anyone need help w Gundam Vita Asia English?
May be able to help with the Orange Vita too (if my eyes aren't playing a trick on me that is)

CamHostage

Starter kits in Japan for 19.980 yen launching march 3
PS-Vita-Starter-Kit-JP-Ann.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ps-vita-starter-kit-bundle-announced-japan

Wish it was some Vita 3000 remodel instead of the 2000 (I feel like they're one refresh away from the closest-to-perfect model... the perfect model being an unobtainable one with SD instead of Vita memory, but I digress.) Otherwise, looks like a solidly priced and packaged product. Keep plugging away, Sony, Vita is worth the fight.

Skullgirls getting pushed back a little isn't too bad. Spacing out some of the import physical purchases makes it easier on the wallet anyway.

goldenpp72

Hey guys, this might not be the thread for this but, i'm a collector and currently delving into the Vita library more. I only do physical game collecting and only for US releases, is there a list somewhere that has all the physical releases from launch up until this point without having all the digital/import/etc games mixed in the list? I tried pricecharting but it is missing quite a few titles.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hey guys, this might not be the thread for this but, i'm a collector and currently delving into the Vita library more. I only do physical game collecting and only for US releases, is there a list somewhere that has all the physical releases from launch up until this point without having all the digital/import/etc games mixed in the list? I tried pricecharting but it is missing quite a few titles.

I can share mine with you. Send me a PM.

I was going to wait and see if there was a western retail version but I find that highly unlikely sadly. The Asian version should be patched at least up to the recent fixes, so I guess it's good enough!

Olengie

I was going to wait and see if there was a western retail version but I find that highly unlikely sadly. The Asian version should be patched at least up to the recent fixes, so I guess it's good enough!

They announced that Extreme Vs is coming to the West some time ago. Just dont know when.

duckroll

Any idea if Asssassin's Creed Chronicles is worth picking up on the vita? Or worth picking up at all? How do the games stack up against Mark of the Ninja?

Any idea if Asssassin's Creed Chronicles is worth picking up on the vita? Or worth picking up at all? How do the games stack up against Mark of the Ninja?

I haven't gotten around to playing my copy of China yet, but I've heard they're basically a lesser, more awkward version of Mark of the Ninja.

dkoy

NISA Europe has run out of LEs for Stranger of Sword City :( I was really tossing up on whether or not to order one despite my circumstances not being conducive towards importing anything right now but I guess the door's finally fully closed.

I checked the US store and they still have 25-50% stock left on the LEs. Any chance the US branch will send some left-over stock to the EU branch in the future? One can hope, no?

Top Bottom