• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

I finally got into the site and into the account settings page, and it appears that they removed the section for notifications entirely. Limiting this to email was such a poorly thought out idea. If they had a proper account system they would have been able to just add the game to your account and send a message directly to your system that it is available to download.

You just have to keep refreshing. I must've done it a dozen times.

F5F5F5
Login
F5F5F5
Account page
F5F5F5
Checked box in Notifications tab
F5F5F5

iphys

I just finally managed to log in and verify that I did have the box checked for notifications, but still no codes, and I haven't actually received any e-mails from Nintendo since July, which is kind of weird. Are e-mails with the codes still arriving for people?

hazukash

Everything seems in order on my side, but I haven't received an email. Come on, Nintendo, buy faster servers for your "valued" Platinum members.

Holy crap, wait, it's that hidden box, not regular Nintendo emails? I hadn't ticked it (according to the very slow and CSS-less CN right now) but I assumed so. What a bummer. It should be fixed now but I probably won't get the demo.

Goon Boon

Banned
This makes the whole Platinum reward prizes being a bunch of games the sort of person who would get platinum would already own sort of better. The bad press/complaints had to have helped since this is the first year platinum has a benefit besides the reward redemption.

donny2112

I've been a CN member pretty much since it began.

When it was in-house and listed your Nintendo Power subscriptions (loved those days), it asked you if you wanted console newsletter, handheld newsletter, Animal Crossing newsletter, or just everything. I chose "everything." That allowed you to get one-off emails that didn't fall under one of the other categories. When they transitioned to the current Club Nintendo setup, that's the first thing I looked for, because I knew from the previous site that choosing "Everything" made you available to get those special one-off emails. Plus if you didn't want something, how hard is it to delete it from your inbox? :p

wilflare

where is that checkbox?

I got Platinum twice in a row now
Under Accounts & Coins > Notifications, I checked "I want to receive information from Nintendo"
I registered my 3DSXL both Club Nintendo PIN and Coins

- but I didn't get the email...

my last two emails from them were
See what's new for your Wii U & Nintendo 3DS!
Last chance for a free game - Mario Kart 8 Launch Promotion

i-Jest

where is that checkbox?

I got Platinum twice in a row now
Under Accounts & Coins > Notifications, I checked "I want to receive information from Nintendo"
I registered my 3DSXL both Club Nintendo PIN and Coins

- but I didn't get the email...

my last two emails from them were
See what's new for your Wii U & Nintendo 3DS!
Last chance for a free game - Mario Kart 8 Launch Promotion

I'm guessing among platinum users that fit the criteria it was a toss up. Fret not, the demo will be available for all one week after early access.

Sent an email, got an automated reply:

Thanks for contacting us. We apologize for the automated reply to your email, but due to increased volumes because of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS demo promotion it's the fastest way to get back to you. Please read on to (hopefully) find your answer.

I'm sure I qualified but didn't receive an email: All of the emails have gone out now, so if you didn't get one, it's quite possible that you didn't qualify for one reason or another. However, if you're sure, please call us at 855-214-2043. We're available to take your call seven days a week 6:00am to 7:00pm Pacific time. Even if you didn't happen to qualify, you're still eligible to get the demo that will be made available to the general public on September 19th in the Nintendo eShop.

I opted out of receiving marketing email. Do I still qualify? I'm sorry, but this was a critical requirement. It's important to note that you had to be opted in prior to the announcement, so opting in later won't qualify you. Remember that you're still eligible to get the demo that will be made available to the general public on September 19th in the Nintendo eShop.

I couldn't access the Club Nintendo website: It's true that the Club Nintendo website had some heavy traffic today, but even if you had been able to access your account and opt in or register a Nintendo 3DS-family product, it wouldn't have helped you qualify as those things had to be done before the announcement was made today.

My code didn't work! If you were the one who received the codes from Nintendo, please call us at 855-214-2043. We're available to take your call seven days a week 6:00am to 7:00pm Pacific time. If you received the code from someone else, please speak to that person.

Can I have a free code anyway? Your free copy of the demo will be available for download on the 19th from the Nintendo eShop-no codes necessary.

Elija2

Damn, they really covered all the bases in that e-mail. I guess the stupid notification requirement screwed me out of the codes.

Still, there were a bunch of people that called Nintendo about that notification requirement and they said that they would still get the codes. I don't know what to believe anymore!

watershed

Banned
Do coins add automatically for registering a product when I buy games digitally? All I have are 10 coin post play surveys but I don't see any coins added for buying games.

iphys

Thanks, I couldn't get through on their customer support number, but that number got me through, and they've now added me to the queue to most likely get the codes in 2-3 days, since they said it looked like I should qualify.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
:lol love the last one
The last one is why I'm laughing at all the people freaking out over not getting one. I got it and don't even care about SSB. I even felt bad about redeeming one of the codes and giving out the other 3 in the Toronto OT instead of just giving out all 4 until I saw everyone can download the demo next week.

iphys

You do realize the regular demo only allows you to play 30 times, and boots you to the home menu after a couple minutes to prevent you from just playing the demo over and over, so you'll conceivably exhaust its use in only an hour? There's a reason people want the Club Nintendo version besides getting it a few days earlier.

zroid

Banned
You do realize the regular demo only allows you to play 30 times, and boots you to the home menu after a couple minutes to prevent you from just playing the demo over and over, so you'll conceivably exhaust its use in only an hour? There's a reason people want the Club Nintendo version besides getting it a few days earlier.

There's no way that's true, unless you know something specific about the NA demo that's different from the Japanese demo... people were streaming the JP demo for hours.

rubbish. no demo ever did that and why the heck smash demo is the only one that boots you out. btw my JP demo never boots me out even after 1 day

Does anybody know if the 2014 reward codes expire at all?

I chose NES Remix, but I'm thinking of selling it on the cheap rather than downloading it. Though, I don't want to sell an expired code or soon to be expiring code.

Lexxism

Does anybody know if the 2014 reward codes expire at all?

I chose NES Remix, but I'm thinking of selling it on the cheap rather than downloading it. Though, I don't want to sell an expired code or soon to be expiring code.

I remember asking this and they say no. Download codes from club nintendo doesn't expire.

iphys

There's no way that's true, unless you know something specific about the NA demo that's different from the Japanese demo... people were streaming the JP demo for hours.

I don't know for sure, but I saw a bunch of people online complaining that the Japanese demo was booting them out to the home menu repeatedly so that they couldn't just keep the demo open and play it as long as they want, so I have no expectations of the NA one being any kinder. Nintendo is probably afraid that really cheap people will just never close the demo and avoid buying any games, especially for a demo like this that people will replay for hours and never get tired of.

Pyrrhus

So because I didn't want their spam they've decided I don't get this supposed Platinum bonus? What is their major fucking malfunction up in Redmond?

Eh, limits or not I don't see it as a big deal. You only get two stages, one mode, and 5 characters. The beauty of Smash is the vast customization and options. I bet most if not all those clamouring for a demo code are going to buy the actual game.

foltzie1

Wait it's available in 4 days to everyone? Who gives a shit then? Just be patient.

This is great for me. I'm excited to see if Smash is my thing. Never really played it before.

I certainly wouldnt pay for it, but it has been fun to give it a whirl and an interesting way to load balance their servers.

bumpkin

Hmm... So what is the deal with how quitting the demo (pressing X and confirming after pressing home) seems like it reboots my 3DS?

Salsa

Hmm... So what is the deal with how quitting the demo (pressing X and confirming after pressing home) seems like it reboots my 3DS?

game is pushing 3DS RAM to the max, same reason why you can't enter Miiverse with the game open. Basically It's a compromise for getting it to run at 60fps with 3D on with all that shit happening

none of this will happen on the bigger RAM New 3DS

bumpkin

game is pushing 3DS RAM to the max, same reason why you can't enter Miiverse with the game open. Basically It's a compromise for getting it to run at 60fps with 3D on with all that shit happening

none of this will happen on the bigger RAM New 3DS
Sheesh. I hope it doesn't happen with the retail game on a non-New 3DS.

Top Bottom