• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Isn't the 3DS processor underclocked by default too? Betting Smash is tapping into that too. Some microcode magic like in the N64 days, maybe!

zigg

Someone in the thread confirmed that it happens with the JP retail release.

That really sucks...
It would suck more if the New 3DS™ was the only system you could play the game on, wouldn't it? This is necessary to get the game running on a 3½-year-old system.

bumpkin

It would suck more if the New 3DS™ was the only system you could play the game on, wouldn't it? This is necessary to get the game running on a 3½-year-old system.
Well yeah. It's just disappointing that it has such a hiccup on the hardware we all own a hair over a month out from release. Honestly, I'd probably be less salty about an upgrade to a "New 3DS" if I hadn't gotten the sweet Zelda XL that came with A Link Between Worlds a few months back. :(

zroid

Banned

Necessary to get it running at 60fps in beautiful 3D, anyway. Worth it, I say!

iphys

BTW, the complaints about the demo booting you to the home menu after a couple minutes were people getting error codes because their demo files were corrupted, and they didn't understand Japanese to know it was an error code. So if you don't manage to get a CN demo code, 30 uses should be plenty to tide you over till the game releases.

It only sucks for people that aren't going to buy the game, or people that have friends that aren't going to buy the game, because the actual game has no download play and I don't think the demo version can connect with the full version, so you might still want to use the demo to play with people that don't own the game.

i-Jest

BTW, the complaints about the demo booting you to the home menu after a couple minutes were people getting error codes because their demo files were corrupted, and they didn't understand Japanese to know it was an error code. So if you don't manage to get a CN demo code, 30 uses should be plenty to tide you over till the game releases.

It only sucks for people that aren't going to buy the game, or people that have friends that aren't going to buy the game, because the actual game has no download play and I don't think the demo version can connect with the full version, so you might still want to use the demo to play with people that don't own the game.

The demo's getting public release in NA next week, no? The codes for the NA region were to access the demo a week ahead of time. If people in the NA region are using the JAP demo but are having problems, or have reached the 30 use cap, then just wait for official demo release in a few days.

iphys

Just to clarify: that was the Japanese demo that came out first that people were having issues with, and I was worried the NA one coming out on Friday was going to be the same and exhaust your 30 uses in like an hour.

I still feel the main benefit of the Club Nintendo demo is the unlimited play rather than getting it a few days earlier though, just because you feel no guilt about opening it to play it for 2 minutes or closing it to do something else on your 3DS. Even though 30 plays is pretty generous, I probably wouldn't want to play the demo more than once or twice, because I'd be afraid to eventually exhaust all the uses even though I was nowhere near doing so.

well crap: he had all of them.

f6v-twjt-k9ur-w6a Wii Party U
lpv-whjs-4h4d-q43 3D world
6pv-p9cx-gr9e-7cz Pokemon y
wua-p89t-c9dk-h97 link between worlds

Have at 'em

bonus: LEGEND OF ZELDA 3DS VC - CLUB
A043-2VEU-100Q-QSR4

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Took Super Mario 3D World (I could've sworn I registered the game before, but I guess I forgot and sold the game with the code still inside, unused). Thanks for posting them!

i-Jest

Have at 'em

A043-2VEU-100Q-QSR4

I know these weren't hidden behind a quote but common guys. Just say that you took the codes if your members.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I know these weren't hidden behind a quote but common guys. Just say that you took the codes if your members.
It's too much to ask, apparently. Just goes to show you that even the average member is still a filthy lurker.

wilflare

Have at 'em

A043-2VEU-100Q-QSR4

ah my apologies - too many tabs and didn't post this
I took the Wii Party U code and that pushed me over to Platinum over this year! thanks man!

Isotope

The Intend to Buy surveys for Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Pokémon Art Academy are available. Each survey expires on October 17th, and pertain to the retail versions.

bumpkin

The Intend to Buy surveys for Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Pokémon Art Academy are available. Each survey expires on October 17th, and pertain to the retail versions.
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to do all of those when I have a few minutes.

TBH, Fantasy Life wasn't even on my radar, but after reading about it a little and watching some gameplay, I'm mildly curious. It kind of seems like a mix between Animal Crossing (the town life and tasks) and Skylanders (the lite dungeon crawling with leveling/stats).

I'm already about to hit Platinum status...

Is it better to hoard these codes until the year rolls over (which is like 9 months away or something), or just to collect the coins and sit on them?

Between Bayo, Smash, Yoshi, Toad, Remix, and everything else, I'm going to have a lot of codes...

Isotope

I'm already about to hit Platinum status...

Is it better to hoard these codes until the year rolls over (which is like 9 months away or something), or just to collect the coins and sit on them?

Between Bayo, Smash, Yoshi, Toad, Remix, and everything else, I'm going to have a lot of codes...

If you already know you're gonna reach Platinum status (Or already are Platinum for the current CN year), it's always recommended to save codes for the next CN year, unless of course there's a reward you want that requires more coin than you currently have.

zroid

Banned
According to various posts in this thread Nintendo is axing the Elite Status program in Japan as of this year. The final Gold and Platinum rewards were just revealed.

I find it pretty hard to believe they'd keep it going in US/CAN while it's done in the homeland so... RIP?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
According to various posts in this thread Nintendo is axing the Elite Status program in Japan as of this year. The final Gold and Platinum rewards were just revealed.

I find it pretty hard to believe they'd keep it going in US/CAN while it's done in the homeland so... RIP?

Hmm :/ Well, ideally they'll do something else to replace it. Things just wouldn't be the same without our monthly bitching/Urban Champion shops :p

iphys

It's just the elite status they're doing away with, not Club Nintendo as a whole. Based on how lame our elite status rewards were this year, I don't really care if they do away with ours too, but I hope they come up with some better regular rewards.

I just redeemed for a Frozen Olaf hoodie on Disney Movie Rewards, and I can't help but laugh at how little I had to spend to get enough points for it and how effortless it was to enter the codes without doing all the pages and pages of surveys Club Nintendo puts you through.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It's just the elite status they're doing away with, not Club Nintendo as a whole. Based on how lame our elite status rewards were this year, I don't really care if they do away with ours too, but I hope they come up with some better regular rewards.

Lack of reading comprehension is probably a big sign that I should go to sleep lol

If you already know you're gonna reach Platinum status (Or already are Platinum for the current CN year), it's always recommended to save codes for the next CN year, unless of course there's a reward you want that requires more coin than you currently have.

I figured. It looks like Hyrule Warriors (gotta have those Ganondorf costumes) will be the last retail game I register for a while haha.

Thank you!

i-Jest

It will probably be replaced by something more awesome. We over here won't get the same treatment.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As someone who likes Picross, I really wish those Nintendo-themed ones would come over as rewards. Especially since they change up the number scheme by squares in an area instead of just rows & columns.

zroid

Banned
The Kirby patches went out of stock...

SkrbTJl.png

god damn

Ondore

When I cash in my surveys at the end of the month I'm tempted to grab the Mario cards just to see if I drive those out of stock.

iphys

When I cash in my surveys at the end of the month I'm tempted to grab the Mario cards just to see if I drive those out of stock.

I think the Mario greeting cards already went out of stock once in June and promptly reappeared. The only remaining physical rewards are probably things they can print on-site, so that might be all we have to look forward to is paper products and digital rewards.

At this rate I can't help but think Ultra-Hand will go out of stock*

* Also, of all the WiiWare games, couldn't this be ported to the Wii-U reasonably fast, but I digress?

I like to think that every time someone redeems a code for an Ultra-Hand a special message is sent to Iwata's phone and he invites you to become a super secret Club Nintendo special member.

Davey Cakes

I downloaded Grill Off with Ultra-Hand! a long time ago. Pretty much when it was added as a reward.

In total I have played it...one time.

It's like the "ET" of downloadable games. Crappy and easily obtainable but you still feel special for owning it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, got the survey as well. Wonder if it's just for the people who got the codes or for everyone who downloaded it via code or eShop.

.....and my question is answered on the second question, since it asked if you played the demo via code, eShop, or both (not sure why someone would download both since they're the same save for the unlimited plays of the code version).

Top Bottom