• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

iphys

I also got the bonus survey, and I was one of the people that didn't initially get the e-mail but got my codes after going through customer service. The bonus survey doesn't seem to expect that you got the special version of the demo, as it asks whether you played the special version or regular version I think. It might just be anyone that logged in on a recent day that got it.

Cody_D165

Banned
Bonus survey? Neat. I answered honestly.

Z0AXTsn.png

I still don't get people being excited over early access to demos. I understand it from Nintendo's perspective, but all it means for fans is that some people are left out. Especially since it's a digital product. It's not like there are a limited amount of demos available to give out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I still don't get people being excited over early access to demos. I understand it from Nintendo's perspective, but all it means for fans is that some people are left out. Especially since it's a digital product. It's not like there are a limited amount of demos available to give out.
People want to feel special.

wiibomb

may be it is because the normal demos have uses while the special demos (like the smash one) are without uses.

at least I love them because of that, isn't that ironic? since the uses are a limitation made by nintendo and we pursue the ones without uses

wilflare

hmm I just hit Platinum.

do you guys open all your games you did the ITB for just to get the 10 extra coins?
wondering whether to redeem now or keep the game for next year's Platinum

zroid

Banned
hmm I just hit Platinum.

do you guys open all your games you did the ITB for just to get the 10 extra coins?

You don't actually need to register your game early to get the ITB bonus, contrary to popular belief. The only thing you miss out on is the 10 coins for registering within the first month, but that's totally separate from ITB.

iphys

hmm I just hit Platinum.

We don't even know there will be another year for platinum status after this one if we lose our elite status rewards like Japan is. It's never hard to reach platinum anyway, so might as well maximize your coins and get the early registration coins.

Shauni

I happened to be browsing through Gamestop's Power Up rewards thing, since I've built up some points over the years. They have a 3D World poster, a Mario themed backpack, a Mario themed beat buckle, a retro Zelda shirt, a Zelda hoodie, and two Zelda themed keychains. It makes so little sense to me that Gamestop has all of this for their rewards system and yet Nintendo has none for the one they personally run.

wilflare

You don't actually need to register your game early to get the ITB bonus, contrary to popular belief. The only thing you miss out on is the 10 coins for registering within the first month, but that's totally separate from ITB.

We don't even know there will be another year for platinum status after this one if we lose our elite status rewards like Japan is. It's never hard to reach platinum anyway, so might as well maximize your coins and get the early registration coins.

thanks guys! guess I'll just maximize my coins then
I usually just spend them on those digital WiiU game rewards to try to get more DDP credit :X

Hale-XF11

Got a special survey on Club Nintendo for the demo version of Smash Bros. 3DS. It basically just asks what I liked or didn't like about the demo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing that the 3DS themes are coming next month, with Japan getting almost 50 of them at or close to launch, I kind of wouldn't mind a special theme or two exclusive to Club Nintendo. It's digital, yet would still feel special because you can't just buy it from the eShop.

zroid

Banned
Seeing that the 3DS themes are coming next month, with Japan getting almost 50 of them at or close to launch, I kind of wouldn't mind a special theme or two exclusive to Club Nintendo. It's digital, yet would still feel special because you can't just buy it from the eShop.
I have no doubt Japan will get them. Meanwhile we'll continue to wait fruitlessly for Club Nintendo Picross.

Kriken

I got 1215 coins with lots of post play surveys and more codes to enter 0_O

i want the yoshi plushie so bad :( Nintendo OF AMERICA pls
or give me wii u vc games that i don't own

I have over 1300 with about 100 in post surveys unfilled. I'm holding out hope that another Luigi's Mansion type statue reward appears soon

TehOh

If they're going to go all-digital, they should at least localize the two Club Nintendo Picross games. I am so jealous of Japan for getting those, and they don't exactly have much text to translate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd guess around 200-ish coins max, since most of them in Japan are either 100 or 200 yen, i.e $1 or $2.

Or hell, I could've sworn I heard something about possibly getting a theme included for free if you buy a game. They could easily make it so registering the game = reward of theme based on said game.

AniHawk

If they're going to go all-digital, they should at least localize the two Club Nintendo Picross games. I am so jealous of Japan for getting those, and they don't exactly have much text to translate.

if they go all-digital, they should have a persistent list of games to choose from. 20 minimum, with others added to the list over time.

Clefargle

Haha, didn't you notice the inordinate amount of hype that was created the day they announced it and codes went out? When something exclusive comes out and gets everyone else salivating and watching streams for a week, the EShop demo prolly got more downloads.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
While I bitched at the Platinum reward this year, I felt like the Smash demo was worth getting it. I'm so pumped for Friday.

Triz

I have a theory that they are phasing out the physical rewards. With them going digital for yearly prizes, barely restocking what little they had to choose from, and now hiding the redemption codes behind the cases. Killing it outright would lead to a riot, they are doing everything they can to minimize the program.

I have a theory that they are phasing out the physical rewards. With them going digital for yearly prizes, barely restocking what little they had to choose from, and now hiding the redemption codes behind the cases. Killing it outright would lead to a riot, they are doing everything they can to minimize the program.

Offer Wii u games at 500-1000 coins , digital codes that is

Do it NoA , or Wii games

I just let like ~60 survey coins expire last month. If I call Club Nintendo would they be able to make me eligible for those surveys again?

Top Bottom