• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Mecca

I had exactly 800 coins. Enough for the messenger bag. It was nice seeing that 0 coin balance, but then post-play surveys started showing up. I tried so hard to ignore them since doing them wouldn't have resulted in enough to purchase anything else. In the end though, I just couldn't ignore them. I had to complete it. Now I'm at 30 coins. :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not a pro with script so I wouldn't know. Since it's possible anyone wanna share the process?

Start with AAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAA and keep hammering their servers through to ZZZ-ZZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZ (some of these are numbers, so include 0-9 as well), submitting the survey if you find a real key and moving on if you don't.

You could probably even avoid being tied to this by running the script over a foreign VPN, not submitting the surveys and just saving the keys, and then later redeeming those keys on your real account, so your real account isn't even potentially implicated in the bogus keys. They'd only catch you if they honeypotted some keys, but they almost certainly don't.

sensui-tomo

I havent bought it yet but i was wondering if anyone knows this, I'm buying a second wii-u after selling my old one a while back, will it be able to qualify for nintendo codes or am i going to have to make a family account for it, and the following question is, do the DLCs for MK8 and HW give coins or no?

Roo

I havent bought it yet but i was wondering if anyone knows this, I'm buying a second wii-u after selling my old one a while back, will it be able to qualify for nintendo codes or am i going to have to make a family account for it, and the following question is, do the DLCs for MK8 and HW give coins or no?
As for the console, if you already registered your old Wii U then the answer is no.
It won't qualify for coins unless you create a family account and register it under someone else's name.

Not sure about the DLC tho. All my DLC content is tied to a different NNID and I never bothered to link it to my CN account.

theexxs

Neo Member

At least the MK8 DLC doesn't give you any CN coins.

ngower

Has anyone been able to redeem for coins without spamming the hell out of the site? I cannot get an AC:NL code to go through at all. Not seeing the survey anywhere. No indication that it goes through after inputting the code. It's really frustrating!

Start with AAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAA and keep hammering their servers through to ZZZ-ZZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZ (some of these are numbers, so include 0-9 as well), submitting the survey if you find a real key and moving on if you don't.

You could probably even avoid being tied to this by running the script over a foreign VPN, not submitting the surveys and just saving the keys, and then later redeeming those keys on your real account, so your real account isn't even potentially implicated in the bogus keys. They'd only catch you if they honeypotted some keys, but they almost certainly don't.

A brute force approach? It can't be that simple. I mean, are you serious? there are 37929227000000000000000 (41^14) combinations. Assuming you could try 100 per second (which is already assuming a lot, even having some kind of distributed approach to do this) it will take 12027 billions of years to find all combinations. Assuming there is a 0.0000000000001% of them that are valid (i.e., 40 millions of keys, again assuming a lot), you would find a valid key every 5 weeks. Plenty of time for Nintendo to ban all the IPs spamming their servers with 100 requests per second...
(Disclaimer: all or part of the above numbers might be wrong or very wrong :p)

i-Jest

Has anyone been able to redeem for coins without spamming the hell out of the site? I cannot get an AC:NL code to go through at all. Not seeing the survey anywhere. No indication that it goes through after inputting the code. It's really frustrating!

It's no secret that ever since the new rewards went up the site has gone straight to hell. My only advice is to try and input codes early in the morning (between 3-4:00 am). I`ve had luck doing it that early. I`m in the Eastern timezone if that helps.

maxcriden

It's no secret that even since the new rewards went up the site has gone straight to hell. My only advice is to try and input codes early in the morning (between 3-4:00 am). I`ve had luck doing it that early. I`m in the Eastern timezone if that helps.

Yes, this. Also, go in through the Rewards page and not the main page when entering new PINs. Once you complete the survey, when it thanks you for taking the survey, the page will hang for several seconds longer than you'd think. Don't touch it, just open another tab and let it do its thing until it re-loads the page with your new coin total.

ngower

It's no secret that even since the new rewards went up the site has gone straight to hell. My only advice is to try and input codes early in the morning (between 3-4:00 am). I`ve had luck doing it that early. I`m in the Eastern timezone if that helps.

No way in hell I'm waking up that early for some damn coins! You'd think Nintendo would buy a few servers to deal with the load. It's not like they can't be repurposed elsewhere.

It's just annoying because it's only going to get worse the closer we get to the redemption deadline.

Yes, this. Also, go in through the Rewards page and not the main page when entering new PINs. Once you complete the survey, when it thanks you for taking the survey, the page will hang for several seconds longer than you'd think. Don't touch it, just open another tab and let it do its thing until it re-loads the page with your new coin total.

Where? The only registration zone I know of is the "Register a product" drop down menu.

Anony

if i register my friend's 3ds/wiiu and smash 3ds/wiiu, would i get another mewtwo code (under another family member)?
i have both (smash 3ds/wiiu) registered on my account already

wilflare

sitting on 845points
there are some games I would like to own/buy

but not sure if I should gun for the physical rewards instead
since they be rare/valuable in the future (or just end up as physical clutter)

eggwolio

Since the latest update some accounts just don't like certain games. I tried three different lego city undercover codes on my main account and they all had that result. Registered one on my wife's and gave the others to friends and all three worked. Sucks, I had an intend to buy.

Ecto311

whut :O
how much coins did you purchase

I kinda want the bag but the quality hmm

Was just looking at that. Went over all my games and have over 1000 points. Was thinking about wonderful 101 or kid icarus but since this is the last time this club points thing is going I think I might go for the bag. Is it supposed to be shit?

zeitgeist

Hey my family has 2 Wii U's (1 Basic and 1 Premium if that matters) and so far I have only registered one on my Club Nintendo account.

If I put in the serial number of the 2nd Wii U on a family account would I get the coins for it as well? Or just a warranty notice?

Hey my family has 2 Wii U's (1 Basic and 1 Premium if that matters) and so far I have only registered one on my Club Nintendo account.

If I put in the serial number of the 2nd Wii U on a family account would I get the coins for it as well? Or just a warranty notice?

Pretty sure youd get coins. It worked like that for me and my girlfriends 3ds that we registered on our family account.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Was just looking at that. Went over all my games and have over 1000 points. Was thinking about wonderful 101 or kid icarus but since this is the last time this club points thing is going I think I might go for the bag. Is it supposed to be shit?
How would anyone know? Your best bet would be to refer to the quality of bags they've offered in the past (which I know nothing about) for a point of reference.

Is there any way to link Wii U's Wii Mode Shop Channel to Club Nintendo? I already bought several things because I thought it would link automatically since my Eshop account was.

I searched the menus and there doesn't seem to be an option. I'm planning to buy some more VC and WiiWare soon so it would be cool if got some coins.

kennah

Ordered the desktop calendar. Leaves me with 35 points. I'll keep hassling my friends who have no intention of joining club. Nintendo for their codes.

kennah

I had a dream last night that a 2100 point statue was added and this thread freaked right the Fuck out because they'd already spent all their points.

cacildo

You have the entire month of April to choose your gold or platinum gift.

Thanks

Im betting it will be Mario 3d World, New Mario U, Wind Waker and Tropical Freeze

But i really wish it was Hyrule Warriors (but its too recent, no way they will be giving it like that)

Ondore

Thanks

Im betting it will be Mario 3d World, New Mario U, Wind Waker and Tropical Freeze

But i really wish it was Hyrule Warriors (but its too recent, no way they will be giving it like that)

Actually, Hyrule Warriors might be an option solely because they can sell you DLC for it.

zroid

Banned
epJjrUn.png

Farewell Club Nintendo. Thanks for the memories.

NoRéN

Looking to Trade Club Nintendo Codes:

Want:
-Mario Kart 7
-Donkey Kong Returns 3DS
-Bravely Default
-Pokemon X/Y
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity

Have:
-Fire Emblem

Chavelo

Okay, GAF. Gonna go ahead and opt for the digital 3DS reward games instead of a physical item. >.<

So, what would be the best option for replay value and gameplay?

Donkey Kong Returns 3D OR Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uprising, no question. Sakurai made it, so there's a TON of challenges & unlockables, plus experimenting with different weapons.

Coppanuva

Okay, GAF. Gonna go ahead and opt for the digital 3DS reward games instead of a physical item. >.<

So, what would be the best option for replay value and gameplay?

Donkey Kong Returns 3D OR Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Uprising is awesome get that. There's like 250 challenges in it, online multiplayer, and you can spend ages crafting weapons.

Top Bottom