• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

I got my posters today in VA --- received shipping confirmation Nov 27 (for those discussing this a few posts back).

That's cool about the Luigi's Mansion poster having glow in the dark ghosts since that was the one I really wasn't interested in before. Guess I'll order these cheapo $10 frames I'm eying on walmart.com and put em up.

Sushigod7

Here are some crude pics with my phone.

ibeOPPQB3PNANa.jpg

I got my posters today in VA --- received shipping confirmation Nov 27 (for those discussing this a few posts back).

That's cool about the Luigi's Mansion poster having glow in the dark ghosts since that was the one I really wasn't interested in before. Guess I'll order these cheapo $10 frames I'm eying on walmart.com and put em up.

Great, I was getting worried because I haven't received them yet.

zroid

Banned
Here are some crude pics with my phone.

Better than nothing, thank you :)

Surprisingly, I think I like the Luigi's Mansion one best. The Kid Icarus poster is a bit plain, and Skyward Sword received enough poster representation in the Anniversary set.

Definitely wish I had gone with the posters now.

Still trying to figure out what to do with the cards. I'd like Twilight Princess on Gamecube... maybe someone would like to trade. Or maybe not. I wouldn't.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Updating the spreadsheet, but I'm unsure about a detail, and I'm not sure how to check it at the moment...

When did the following titles appear on the Wii U eShop, and how many coins are they worth? I thought they all appeared on the 5th, but I might be wrong...

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 Demo
Ben 10 Omniverse
Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Also, did anyone get a postplay/reg survey for any of the 4 Wii U video programs? I didn't, and I thought something mentioned a coin bonus for those.

iphys

When they first started putting software up on the list of eligible Wii U software they showed 10 coins for the video apps, but then they removed them, which I assumed mean they were post-play coins rather than registration. Maybe they changed their mind and they're not worth anything now.

Kabuto

I got my posters as well and they are nice. Kind of disappointed that the Zelda poster uses artwork from one of their previous posters though.

jgkspsx

Yeah, Nintendo's getting cheap with the packaging. The cards were just plonked into a barely padded envelope, and the poster tube had do-it-yourself paper caps. I guess there's truth to the theory that they had to issue too many prizes this year to do more expensive stuff.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, Nintendo's getting cheap with the packaging. The cards were just plonked into a barely padded envelope, and the poster tube had do-it-yourself paper caps. I guess there's truth to the theory that they had to issue too many prizes this year to do more expensive stuff.

If there is indeed truth to that, then we're effed next year :(

jgkspsx

I just got 0 coins for doing the Crashmo registration survey. WTF?

Edit: It didn't show as complete in my survey list. I did it again and it worked. Whatever.

MyEpitomeCliché;45210280 said:
I received the Kirby 20th Medal in the mail today. Is this version of the "thank you" card new? I haven't got one with any of my other 2012 orders.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Dammit

I stilll haven't received my posters and neither this :(

eggwolio

Got my elite reward today. I was platinum but I chose the calendar cause I already have these different Super Mario cards (and they're really flimsy). Hope the CN ones aren't as flimsy.

They are incredibly flimsy. That said, where can I get the cards you link to?

MyEpitomeCliché;45210280 said:
I received the Kirby 20th Medal in the mail today. Is this version of the "thank you" card new? I haven't got one with any of my other 2012 orders.

I've gotten both the Toad and Mario cards with recent orders. Hadn't seen the Luigi card until I saw a pic of it in this thread.

Finally signed up for this, but I'm away from all of my boxes so I can't register my 3DS or any of my games :(

I filled out the welcome survey but it didn't give me any coins, what's with that?

Clipper

Finally signed up for this, but I'm away from all of my boxes so I can't register my 3DS or any of my games :(

I filled out the welcome survey but it didn't give me any coins, what's with that?

Perhaps you didn't submit properly. It will be in your To-Do list on the Earn Coins page if so. And you've got until June to get the rest of those codes ready if you want to make Platinum this year with them.

Ponn

Banned
So I got my posters and they aren't that bad. My walls are currently bare and i'm considering putting them up. I was looking at poster frames though and holy cow they are like $20 a piece for simple ones. I don't want to spend more on frames then the posters themselves are worth, any suggestions?

Sushigod7

So I got my posters and they aren't that bad. My walls are currently bare and i'm considering putting them up. I was looking at poster frames though and holy cow they are like $20 a piece for simple ones. I don't want to spend more on frames then the posters themselves are worth, any suggestions?

Do you have the art store Michael's near you? They always run frame sales and you can use their coupons they routinely put out for 50% off as well. Got a float frame which was 25 for about 6 dollars after all the discounts.

krae_man

How quickly do coins expire? I just bought Resident Evil Revelations and it came with a Club Nintendo card but I got a message saying it was not eligible for coins.

iphys

It's still on their list as being worth 40 coins. People seem to be getting errors this weekend.

Also, just noticed the Wii is now only listed as 100 coins vs 160 a few days ago -- thanks for giving us any warning on diminishing the value, Nintendo. Grrr!

NoRéN

Walmart and Target have 18'' x 24" poster frames for around $9.

Ponn

Banned
NoRéN;45245578 said:
Walmart and Target have 18'' x 24" poster frames for around $9.

Do you have the art store Michael's near you? They always run frame sales and you can use their coupons they routinely put out for 50% off as well. Got a float frame which was 25 for about 6 dollars after all the discounts.

Thanks i will try these two then.

I noticed that Wiis are apparently now worth 100 coins down from 160. As someone who just bough one I'm a little annoyed, but it was only $89 so it's still better than 1 to 1.

This might be a dumb question but I honestly can't find the answer in the OP or Nintendo's site. How many coins for linking a DSi XL or Wii shop account to your Club Nintendo account?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This might be a dumb question but I honestly can't find the answer in the OP or Nintendo's site. How many coins for linking a DSi XL or Wii to your Club Nintendo account?
You didn't look very hard in the OP. Right near the top.

System Surveys
System Surveys are earned for eligible systems. All eligible systems come with an insert that gives you the code to enter to register the game except the DSi, which you register with the system's serial number, and the Wii U, which you register by connecting to your Club Nintendo account and filling in a survey. After a week, the Wii U Deluxe bundle also gives you a Post Play survey for NintendoLand worth 50 coins. You have a week to submit the Wii U registration survey, but other systems appear to have an unknown number of years. Eligible systems and the coins you can earn for them are:

DSi: 100 coins
DSi XL: 100 coins
3DS: 160 coins
3DS XL: 160 coins
Wii made in May 2010 or later: 100 coins
Wii U Standard: 160 coins
Wii U Deluxe: 160 coins + 50 coins

If you have multiple systems, you may need to set up a family account in order to register them all for coins. This restriction is not in place for most newer systems, though.

EDIT: Also on the CN site under "How it works".
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I was referring to linking the shop accounts, not the system itself (described here).

All the OP says is
Occasionally, specialty surveys, such as for linking your system's shop account to Club Nintendo might be available.
Does that not get coins anymore?

Is there anyone else that got a shipping confirmation e-mail on Nov. 27, but still has not received their cards/posters?

I'm worried because I think my posters may have been stolen from my front porch last week. Club Nintendo's status check did not provide tracking for these rewards, unfortunately for me.

iphys

Is there anyone else that got a shipping confirmation e-mail on Nov. 27, but still has not received their cards/posters?

I'm worried because I think my posters may have been stolen from my front porch last week. Club Nintendo's status check did not provide tracking for these rewards, unfortunately for me.

Sometimes things get lost in the mail and show up after several weeks, especially at this time of year, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. If they don't arrive after a month, I would contact Nintendo at that point.

Sometimes things get lost in the mail and show up after several weeks, especially at this time of year, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. If they don't arrive after a month, I would contact Nintendo at that point.

Alright, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll try and wait at least through this week.

I needed to ask because a man came to my front door early last week asking if one of the cars in my driveway was for sale. Thing is, none of the cars were being advertised as being up for sale.

It was really strange, but I didn't think about it until much later after he left which I really regret. That's why I think it may have been stolen. Thankfully, none of the other stuff I bought online wasn't stolen.

I wasn't so quick to think it at that moment because I had to wake up to answer the door. Sigh, it's like no one in my house hears the doorbell except me...

iphys

You'd have to be a little nuts to steal posters, not knowing what they even are, and I doubt they would ring your doorbell to attract your attention. Best to assume they're still in the mail, and if they don't come, that they were lost in the mail -- wouldn't want to give Nintendo any excuse to not send you another set if they were actually delivered and stolen rather than lost in the mail, so just say you never got them.

Palehorse

Just got my cards over the weekend (landlord held onto them for me) and I like them. Good quality, great art. Sure they're a little thin, but I don't think they are unplayable....though I haven't tested that.

Top Bottom