• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Just ordered two of the 3DS game cases. I had been sitting on coins for a while, missed these the first time around. Club Nintendo hasn't had anything 3DS specific and I've got almost 30 retail 3DS games and will have more next year, so...

Yay!

frequency

I do not know if anyone cares but I feel I should giving update.

Canada Post failed to deliver my Platinum Cards and Gold Nunchuk. I sent an email to Nintendo support to tell them. I had to wait a few days but they emailed me back yesterday and told me to call a administration phone number.

When I called there was no hold. A very nice and friendly man answered the phone. He was very patient with my poor English speaking. After I explained why I called and gave reference number he could read my email and know my problem. He put 2 new order to replace my missing delivery. I get email for each order very fast. It is not ship yet but I can see it in website "Preparing Order" status.

It took less than 10 minute to do this.

This is the best customer service I ever experience. It is making me even bigger Nintendo fan. They did not have to help me with this because it is just free gift. But Nintendo still help and was very friendly and understanding.

metsallica was completely right!
Thank you again for reassurance Nintendo will help me.

I am still mad Canada Post did not deliver. Tracking say it is on truck for almost 2 weeks but never coming. I do not know how can lost inside truck. I think more likely Canada Post employee see "Nintendo" mail and take it. Christmas time have many temporary employee to help because more busy mail.

I had "Order Problem" on all 5 but just got email conformations and it now reads as "Preparing Order"

I assume we got the errors because everyone and their mother was ordering them at the same time.

Holds 18 games and has multiple sweet covers
220884-DSC03607.jpg

How are you sorting those games?

zroid

Banned
I am still mad Canada Post did not deliver. Tracking say it is on truck for almost 2 weeks but never coming. I do not know how can lost inside truck. I think more likely Canada Post employee see "Nintendo" mail and take it. Christmas time have many temporary employee to help because more busy mail.

There is, unfortunately, a real chance that's what happened. Sigh.

I doubt that would happen unless they know the address its coming from or are privvy to Nintendo of Canada's abbreviated name. Nintendo of Canada shipments come from 'NOCL'. 'Nintendo' is never visible anywhere on the package.

Bii

How are you sorting those games?

I sort mine alphabetically. But any new games I buy will be placed at the end because resorting it with my semi-large collection would be a hassle. Maybe in a few months, I'll resort them again.

Once my orders arrive, I'll have six 3DS game cases. I'm debating whether or not I should redeem another one or two. I currently have 67 3DS and 30+ DS games, and judging from the 3DS's upcoming schedule and the missing holes in my collection, I will eventually need more. I just don't want to end up scouring eBay a few weeks or months from now in search of these. :/

donny2112

67 3DS and 30+ DS games,

Something seems pretty off about this ratio.

Also, are there even 67 non-shovelware 3DS games available at retail in a single region?

Edit:
Checked Gamerankings.com. There are 106 retail 3DS titles that have received 5+ reviews. #67 is down to 63% average, and that's including everything retail. Extremely eclectic taste to have those top 67, and aren't many past that. I guess someone somewhere could find worth in owning 67 separate retail 3DS games from one region, but for that same person to only have 30 DS games just defies belief (unless they have like hundreds of games on a flashcard and only have 30 left on cartridges or something).

RoadDogg

Just got my hanafuda cards and holy shit are they tiny. I knew they were smaller than normal playing cards, but holy hell I had no idea they were about the same size as a postage stamp. Is that how small they normally are? Or is it just Nintendo being cheap?

I have four of those hori 16 DS game cases, three are full and one has 10. There are still a ton of DS games I want to get.
I only have 9 retail 3ds games, but I have purchased 14 total, just sold five of them.

Bii

Something seems pretty off about this ratio.

Also, are there even 67 non-shovelware 3DS games available at retail in a single region?

Edit:
Checked Gamerankings.com. There are 106 retail 3DS titles that have received 5+ reviews. #67 is down to 63% average, and that's including everything retail. Extremely eclectic taste to have those top 67, and aren't many past that. I guess someone somewhere could find worth in owning 67 separate retail 3DS games from one region, but for that same person to only have 30 DS games just defies belief (unless they have like hundreds of games on a flashcard and only have 30 left on cartridges or something).

I got most of my 3DS games extremely cheap via sales. Some of them were probably not worth buying unless they were less than $10. Which is the case with a few 3DS games I bought: DualPen Sports, The Hidden, and Driver: Renegade, to name a few. While others fell into the price point I would pay for based on reviews/impressions such as Shinobi for $15, Horses 3D for $15, and Style Saavy for $20. There are only a handful of games that I bought at MSRP which are Resident Evil: Revelations (so I could get the preorder bonus case), NSMB2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Scribblenauts Unlimited Collector's Edition and Adventure Time Collector's Edition. Everything else was bought during B2G1F sales, discounts, clearances, etc.

As for the huge disparity between my 3DS and DS collection, I had to sell off a huge chunk of my DS games a few years back and I'm slowly building it up again. :/

Canada Post failed to deliver my Platinum Cards and Gold Nunchuk. I sent an email to Nintendo support to tell them. I had to wait a few days but they emailed me back yesterday and told me to call a administration phone number.

When I called there was no hold. A very nice and friendly man answered the phone. He was very patient with my poor English speaking. After I explained why I called and gave reference number he could read my email and know my problem. He put 2 new order to replace my missing delivery. I get email for each order very fast. It is not ship yet but I can see it in website "Preparing Order" status.

This is the best customer service I ever experience. It is making me even bigger Nintendo fan. They did not have to help me with this because it is just free gift. But Nintendo still help and was very friendly and understanding.

We care! Congrats! Let us know when you get the new packages, we're rooting for you.

I'm glad they helped you with no hassle! Cheers to you and Ninty :)

iphys

Maybe you'll get really lucky and they'll eventually deliver the original 2 items, but yeah, it could have been a temp worker stealing stuff. I hope Nintendo is lodging a complaint with CP. I imagine the packages were insured, or if not, Nintendo deserves the shipping costs back at least, and the CP employee should be investigated.

donny2112

As for the huge disparity between my 3DS and DS collection, I had to sell off a huge chunk of my DS games a few years back and I'm slowly building it up again. :/

Sorry. Yeah, life throws weird circumstances at us resulting in really "off" situations now and then. Hope you can find the games you still want from the DS years about. :)

Spreadsheet shows 50 for registration and a 10pt post-play. So you'd be 10 short until the postplay hits, or you can grab a download or two to make up the difference. Your call.

Apparently Xenoblade was worth 60 on its own for some reason (intent to buy?), so it alone was enough to allow me to order the game case. Thanks!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Apparently Xenoblade was worth 60 on its own for some reason (intent to buy?), so it alone was enough to allow me to order the game case. Thanks!

Hmm.

Would you check "Account & Coins > Coins & Status" and see exactly how Xenoblade is listed?

If you got the Intend to Buy bonus, it will have two entries, like this:
Code:
Apr 8, 2012	Coins Added - Xenoblade Chronicles	 50	2400
Apr 8, 2012	Coins Added - Xenoblade Chronicles	 10	2410

If it lists it as just a single 60 coin entry, do let me know. That would be interesting...

MarkusRJR

How do you redeem the coins from a Wii Mini? There is no Club Nintendo slip inside the box, so I assume you just type in the serial number? There's not even an option for the Wii Mini on the site. :/

NeOak

How do you redeem the coins from a Wii Mini? There is no Club Nintendo slip inside the box, so I assume you just type in the serial number? There's not even an option for the Wii Mini on the site. :/

For the love of God, why?

Sleepy

For the love of God, why?

I'm thinking of buying that just for Virtual Console games.

Also, I have been back through the thread but I cannot find the Club Platinum rewards for this year-- anyone have a screen grab.

Only 140 more to Platinum for next year!

JakenBear

Neo Member

You are correct. You simply need to type the serial number into the CN site (include the number at the end in the square). Should net you 100 points :)

Velcro Fly

cases came today! opened the first and instantly filled it up. my original one is now for 3ds games only pretty much and will be half full once I get paper mario. second one is staying sealed until i need it.

definitely the same covers but i'm not too worried about that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I have a bunch of coins sitting around. Thinking of getting the 3DS Card Case. Do they ever get any good physical rewards for their handhelds? I can't really think of any cool stuff I've seen them have, the digital rewards are a bit lackluster to me and most of the really cool stuff is for their home consoles.

donny2112

You'll want to get the 3DS case, since it'll probably go out of stock again at some point. Good handheld rewards? Depends on what you consider good. They have DS card cases, little bags or Mario hats to hold your handheld, DS titles just available through Club Nintendo.

What did you consider the "cool" stuff for the consoles (or is that just in terms of the digital rewards)?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You'll want to get the 3DS case, since it'll probably go out of stock again at some point. Good handheld rewards? Depends on what you consider good. They have DS card cases, little bags or Mario hats to hold your handheld, DS titles just available through Club Nintendo.

What did you consider the "cool" stuff for the consoles (or is that just in terms of the digital rewards)?
Limited edition gold nunchuks and stuff like that. It's mostly just the digital stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Around how many coins have the hats been? Are those the ones they put out a Mario one one time and a Luigi one another?

Sleepy

Around how many coins have the hats been? Are those the ones they put out a Mario one one time and a Luigi one another?

450 (?) I think. They are nice though. FYI: The 3DS XL doesn't fit. Just get the reversible pouch for it.

I am also with you on the quality of the 150 coin games. Is Super Mario Bros. too much to ask for as a bonus?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
450 (?) I think. They are nice though. FYI: The 3DS XL doesn't fit. Just get the reversible pouch for it.

I am also with you on the quality of the 150 coin games. Is Super Mario Bros. too much to ask for as a bonus?
Cool, I should have enough coins for that left over, and I have a regular 3DS (purple FTW) so that's fine :)

DDayton

Still, he'd have to get quite a few games or systems to rack up the points. Maybe his friends help him out too.

If you've been buying games for the past few years but never cashing out due to a lack of worthwhile gifts, it's perfectly possible.

I'm not saying it's common, mind you, but it's not entirely out of the range of possibility.

IF you'd purchased the entire FIRST PART line up of either the Wii or the DS, you'd have over 2000 coins right now once you'd completed post play surveys.

backlot

Yeah, I've collected around 5000 coins so far since Club Nintendo started. If he wasn't interested in any of the prizes then he might as well blow them all on game cases.

DDayton

It's fun to note that the CHEAPEST way to get 2000 coins at the moment would be if:

1) You were a 3DS ambassador, got all the Ambassador games
2) Purchased all 3DS Virtual Console Games ($245.38)
3) Purchased 123 DSiWare titles (roughly $541.20)

That would net you about 2000 coins.

Granted, it doesn't factor in the cost of any game SYSTEMS, but...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
woah, I ordered that 18 game case only a few days ago and I already received it today! damn good shipping and processing Nintendo!

DDayton

ANOTHER way of looking at this is that for every $153 you spend on Nintendo products, you get a 3DS 18 Card Game Case.

Given the average price of a 3DS game is $34.50, this means you'd get a 3DS Game Case for every 4.5 3DS games you buy...

(Or for every 5.1 DS games, 3.5 Wii games, 2.5 Wii U games, 20.5 Wii VC games, or 11.5 3DS eShop games... although the digital games figures are REALLY vague due to the radically changing price points.)

Yes Boss!

ANOTHER way of looking at this is that for every $153 you spend on Nintendo products, you get a 3DS 18 Card Game Case.

Given the average price of a 3DS game is $34.50, this means you'd get a 3DS Game Case for every 4.5 3DS games you buy.

I've always equated Club Nintendo, informally, at about 5% kickback in my mind. Not sure if that is accurate, though.

DDayton

I've always equated Club Nintendo, informally, at about 5% kickback in my mind. Not sure if that is accurate, though.

That depends on what you value the prizes at.

If we were to just base the "value" on the digital downloads they offer... prices vary, but you could PROBABLY argue that 100 coins is about $5 in value, given that most of the N64 titles have been 200 coins.

If we were to go with a 100 = $5 valuation...

• The 3DS game case has a "retail value" of $25.
  • Wii U games: 60-90 coins = $3 - $4.50 -> 5% to 7.5%
  • 3DS Games: 40-70 coins = $2 - $3.50 -> 5% to 8.75%
  • Wii Games: 50-80 coins = $2.50 - $4 -> 5% to 8%
  • DS Games: 30-60 coins = $1.50 - $3 -> 5% to 10%

So, yes, there seems to be a "general" 5% kick reward policy in place, if you value 100 coins as $5 in merchandise. That could be argued, but it does vaguely line up with the prices for digital download rewards.

DDayton

Hmm.

I need at least 3 more cases to hold my entire DS/3DS collection -- and I may want more in the future.

Now I'm tempted to just get one of the cheap Hori things for the extras.

Tempted to pick up another card case but I dunno...have been eyeing those Hanafuda cards for quite awhile. (But I don't have nearly enough points for it.)

Agent_J

since there are no new must-have goodies, i'm contemplating getting the blue pouch for my new 3ds XL, plus one of those cool looking 18 game card cases.

i really would've liked more limited edition games like the game and watch collections.

Top Bottom