• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

If you guys are just after utility and not a collector's item, Hori has a case that can hold 24 carts: http://www.play-asia.com/3DS_Card_Case_24_Clear/paOS-13-71-18g-49-en-70-43a8.html

There's also a guy on a Nintendo fan forum I visit who has 8 of the Club Nintendo card cases for sale around $25 each - I wonder how he accumulated enough coins for all of that.

My friend has that Hori case and swears that it's complete garbage and split some of his games open just for the record.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I don't like that Hori case either. Just feels really cheap. It's alright I guess, I barely used it so I can't comment on it being too tight fitting.

I just ordered the Vita equivalent though, I'm probably a fool for doing so.

jbueno

since there are no new must-have goodies, i'm contemplating getting the blue pouch for my new 3ds XL, plus one of those cool looking 18 game card cases.

I´m so tempted to get a blue pouch for the eventual 3DS XL pickup, and a red one for my burgundy DSi XL, but I´m just 200 coins short of the Ball G&W replica. One of those game cases would be great too. Must not cave in!

hmmmmm skimmed the OP post but didn't see it explained, and i think i saw it explained here before but you can add more then code for the same game right?
like if you have different family members? I've got some doubles of codes and want to know if i can add them.

Sleepy

hmmmmm skimmed the OP post but didn't see it explained, and i think i saw it explained here before but you can add more then code for the same game right?
like if you have different family members? I've got some doubles of codes and want to know if i can add them.

Nope. I'll take your doubles, though. :)

You can add more than code for the same game but you'll have to make additional accounts since you can enter only one code per game per account.

Go to 'Your Account & Coins' (Next to the amount of coins you have) and on that page there will be a Family Members section on the right side of the page with an +Add button next to it. Just follow the steps and link the accounts

Javier

AVOID that fucking 3DS Hori Case. I have one, and I swear I broke my nails trying to get the games out. Quite possibly the worst game accessory I've ever owned.

HYDE

Banned

I have a duplicate of DKC Returns for Wii if you'd like to exchange codes. PM me if so.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Interesting...

My Deluxe / NIntendoland 50 coin postplay survey just got an extended expiration date.

It was originally set to expire on 3/18/2013 -- now it's labeled as expiring 3/25/2013.

Not a big difference, but it's interesting to note.

I´m so tempted to get a blue pouch for the eventual 3DS XL pickup, and a red one for my burgundy DSi XL, but I´m just 200 coins short of the Ball G&W replica. One of those game cases would be great too. Must not cave in!

Stay strong, brother. The Game & Watch replica is worth those 1200 coins.

Interesting...

My Deluxe / NIntendoland 50 coin postplay survey just got an extended expiration date.

It was originally set to expire on 3/18/2013 -- now it's labeled as expiring 3/25/2013.

Not a big difference, but it's interesting to note.

How can you tell what year the expiration date is? Obviously it's not March 2012, but my to-do list is huge, and doesn't have a year, only a month and day. But they appear to be in a random order...maybe. Either that, or they're in order of expiration date, but some don't expire for 3 years.

I don't want to complete anything that I can roll over into next year once I reach Platinum, obviously.

rpmurphy

How can you tell what year the expiration date is? Obviously it's not March 2012, but my to-do list is huge, and doesn't have a year, only a month and day. But they appear to be in a random order...maybe. Either that, or they're in order of expiration date, but some don't expire for 3 years.

I don't want to complete anything that I can roll over into next year once I reach Platinum, obviously.
It's in chronological order, but I don't know of a way to see what years the dates are. I just do the surveys one month at a time so as to not get confused.

donny2112

As stated, they're in order of expiration date, including years. If you're not sure if something is this year or next year, you can wait until you're within 3 months or so of it, buy a digital game, and see if the post-play survey ends up being in front of (indicating a future year, maybe next year) or behind (indicating this year) the first game in your list. If it's from the old-style format, just add 5 years to the release date of the game, I think.

DDayton

I saved a copy of my old To Do list, with dates, a year or so ago before they changed the system and removed the years. As titles are still listed chronologically, it's easy to tell when they expire...

donny2112

Just to mention as a data point, just registered Animal Crossing: Wild World (second copy under family account) and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time that were somehow missed being registered before. Both went through fine with the 30 coins each despite being 7+ years past release date.

Edit:
Also don't know if it was mentioned before, but if you have a DSi and 3DS both registered to a CN account and download the same game on each (Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, in this case), it'll only count once. Was noticing that looking for other double-purchased games that might've been missed being registered before. In this case, both were downloaded on the same date, but not sure if that plays into the "one entry for two downloads" quirk under registered products.

DDayton

Just to mention as a data point, just registered Animal Crossing: Wild World (second copy under family account) and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time that were somehow missed being registered before. Both went through fine with the 30 coins each despite being 7+ years past release date.

Edit:
Also don't know if it was mentioned before, but if you have a DSi and 3DS both registered to a CN account and download the same game on each (Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, in this case), it'll only count once. Was noticing that looking for other double-purchased games that might've been missed being registered before. In this case, both were downloaded on the same date, but not sure if that plays into the "one entry for two downloads" quirk under registered products.

I'm guessing that if you had each unit linked to a different "child account" but under the same family account, you'd get two surveys...

donny2112

I'm guessing that if you had each unit linked to a different "child account" but under the same family account, you'd get two surveys...

Oh, yeah, probably. They're both mine, though, so didn't want to muddy that water. Just an interesting note (to me) in case anyone else has a DSi and 3DS both linked to the same CN account. Did get a second survey for a third Four Swords on another DSi from a family account, too.

DDayton

Oh, yeah, probably. They're both mine, though, so didn't want to muddy that water. Just an interesting note (to me) in case anyone else has a DSi and 3DS both linked to the same CN account. Did get a second survey for a third Four Swords on another DSi from a family account, too.
I just got a DSi XL last week... no chance of getting Four Swords on it, sadly...

donny2112

I just got a DSi XL last week... no chance of getting Four Swords on it, sadly...

If you have Four Swords on another DSi, maybe Nintendo can transfer the license to the DSiXL. Probably would have to send them both in, and not sure about if that's an option between DSis, though.

jgkspsx

Second case is already full, so, eh, ordered another. Now I'm seriously low on points (until I resume working through my code backlog in July), but the downloadables have been a much worse value proposition lately, and I'm not sure what else I would even want.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought the christmas downloads were quite strong this year if not quite the value by dollar of last seasons.

3DS cases though are like manna from heaven. I might order another 2 just to replace all my shitty DS cases.

jgkspsx

They're not bad, but 100 for a $5 game or 150 for a $10 game was a lot better than 150 for everything. 1080 is a great deal if you need that one.

IrishNinja

damn, i'm kinda torn because i want that DK original (can't find the code for sale anywhere at the moment) but of the qualifying games, only Paper Mario interests me, and i don't know if i want that for $40 when i can wait & get it for cheaper. thoughts?

Alfredo

Got my card case today. Looks like I'll need another one soon. ><

bSyQo.jpg

Sushigod7

damn, i'm kinda torn because i want that DK original (can't find the code for sale anywhere at the moment) but of the qualifying games, only Paper Mario interests me, and i don't know if i want that for $40 when i can wait & get it for cheaper. thoughts?

I have been debating myself don't really want to add another game to the back log especially at full price. I'll probably end up skipping it if I can't find a discount of some kind.

IrishNinja

^exactly. i wanna say ive already seen Paper Mario go for less in the buy/sell thread, and really, i'm in no hurry.

what's the cheapest option of the batch? off to CN page!

DDayton

^exactly. i wanna say ive already seen Paper Mario go for less in the buy/sell thread, and really, i'm in no hurry.

what's the cheapest option of the batch? off to CN page!
Isn't Crosswords $30?

It's in my spreadsheet, but I can't load that at the moment...

IrishNinja

aw, see...if it was like $20, id prolly bite & just say i was paying for DK, getting a crosswords game for free.

at $30, i feel silly not just going in on Paper Mario. how do i rationalize this in my head? say that i'm paying $20 for each, and pretend it's a good deal?

donny2112

i'm kinda torn because i want that DK original (can't find the code for sale anywhere at the moment) but of the qualifying games, only Paper Mario interests me, and i don't know if i want that for $40 when i can wait & get it for cheaper. thoughts?

Figure out how much the DK game is worth to you. Figure out what you'd be willing to pay for any of the DL games at a sale price. See if the two add up to what the full price of the DL game is. If the two don't add up to the full price, don't worry about getting DK, or convince yourself that the DL or DK game are worth more than you originally figured.

bumpkin

Whoo, got my card case in the mail today! Now it's time to clean up and reorganize my games.... They had been running over into some old DSi game cases I had lying around since my original one filled up. I'm actually surprised at how quickly the 3DS' library took off after such a slow start. If you had asked me within the first few months if I thought I'd have over 20 3DS games in under a year, I likely would have laughed at you.

P.S.- Paper Mario: Sticker Star is freakin' sweet! :)

MarkusRJR

I'm going to give XL to a friend as a birthday/Christmas gift and am about to pick up a red 3DS with SM3DL. The 3D on the XL barely works with my eyes where the OG 3DS worked way better, and she has been clammering for the XL since I showed it to her. I had a launch 3DS prior but traded it in when I got the XL. It's still on my Club Nintendo though. Would I get any coins from my new 3DS, and was that "max 10 consoles" drama actually true?

DDayton

I'm going to give XL to a friend as a birthday/Christmas gift and am about to pick up a red 3DS with SM3DL. The 3D on the XL barely works with my eyes where the OG 3DS worked way better, and she has been clammering for the XL since I showed it to her. I had a launch 3DS prior but traded it in when I got the XL. It's still on my Club Nintendo though. Would I get any coins from my new 3DS, and was that "max 10 consoles" drama actually true?

People have reported getting coins for multiple systems... I'm not sure if we had confirmation on multiple 3DS systems, though.

DDayton

Just successfully registered a Pokemon: Battle Revolution CN code.

I was half expecting it to not work, given that it was released in 2007 -and- because I got it used...

goldenpp72

I have a question since i'm a bit confused on exactly how it works. I have a friend who just bought a 3ds and Wii U, and also just registered for club nintendo. If she were to reach platinum status say, today, would she still be eligible for the 2012 reward, and if not, what would happen with her plat status? Thanks!

I have a question since i'm a bit confused on exactly how it works. I have a friend who just bought a 3ds and Wii U, and also just registered for club nintendo. If she were to reach platinum status say, today, would she still be eligible for the 2012 reward, and if not, what would happen with her plat status? Thanks!

She's half a year too late to claim the 2012 reward. The reward year rolls over in the summer. Any points she's putting in are going toward 2013, and she has six months to get platinum for that.

goldenpp72

So if she puts in enough codes to achieve platinum status right now, she will get the 2013 platinum reward instead? I guess on that note, I already got my reward for this year (posters) so if I start putting in codes now, my plat status would also be eligible for the 2013 perk?

Top Bottom