• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will be the kick in the ass we need to finally start playing aggressively, like the far superior team playing at home should.

It won't. This game will finish 2-2

NH Apache

Banned
I know most of posts have been Debbie Downer today, but Donovan cannot pass in the rain. Or maybe just today.

I can't image the quality of the backup keep for this team.

Oozer3993

USSoccer.com is listing the Guatemala game as being on ustream.tv Is that right?

EDIT: Just read the little note, and it appears ustream.tv will be offering the game as pay-per-view. Don't know how much they'll be charging though.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
USSoccer.com is listing the Guatemala game as being on ustream.tv Is that right?

It's also on PPV!
KuGsj.gif

watched just now b/c of work.. yeeeah not so good.

but lol @ taylor twellman: "and he's coming on in the second half as a second half sub"

john harkes would be proud

Esiquio

EDIT: Just read the little note, and it appears ustream.tv will be offering the game as pay-per-view. Don't know how much they'll be charging though.

How can I purchase the U.S.-Guatemala match on pay-per-view?
The match between the U.S. and Guatemala on June 12 is available for purchase live on both cable and satellite pay-per-view through iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH Network and Avail-TVN. The match will be available in either English or Spanish for a suggested retail price of $29.95. Kickoff for the match is at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 12. Online pay-per-view is also being offered at ustream.tv.

Go to a bar.

xbhaskarx

I just got through the busiest week of the year at work (no idea what happened at E3 yet) so just watched the Antigua game... now to find a bar for tomorrow.

xbhaskarx

Washington Post: Tips for watching the U.S. national team’s World Cup qualifier at Guatemala on Tuesday

So what’s a fan to do Tuesday?

*Purchase the game for $29.95 on cable or satellite through iN Demand, DirecTV, DISH Network or Avail-TVN. (On my Comcast digital system, I found it on Channel 501.)

*Purchase the game for $29.95 for online viewing at ustream.tv

*Join your fellow supporters at one of the many pubs and restaurants around the country that will show the match (for, in most cases, a cover fee of much less than $29.95). Ten locations in the Washington-Baltimore area are participating, including Fado in D.C. and Annapolis, Summers in Arlington and Lucky Bar near Dupont Circle. All the local and national spots are listed here, with a likelihood of more being added before gametime.

drudge-siren2.gif
US Soccer list of confirmed venues
drudge-siren2.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Traffic sports is a joke. Charging this much for a game that will have a crappy feed. It is too bad there are no local bars where I can watch this.

xbhaskarx

So I called the local British pub and they said they won't get it because they're not charged $29.95, it's based on their capacity so it's hundreds of dollars. Looks like I'll either be paying it myself, or finding a stream...

Edit: looks like the list has been updated and now includes a Buffalo Wild Wings just a mile from where I will be this evening, so I guess I'll go there despite their awful commercials

cruets

everyone got somewhere to watch this game? a certain website is streaming it for free if anyone needs a stream, can pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom