• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Yes! Fabian Johnson to Dempsey, beautiful.

I can't believe I'm at a fucking Buffalo Wild Wings right now...

This place is packed, about 25% of the crowd just cheered and broke out into a USA chant, the rest are bros here for the orangeball.

Oozer3993

That was gorgeous. Clint had two delightful little moves to give himself space. And Gomez made the smart okay and got out of the way.

Nesotenso

This place is packed, about 25% of the crowd just cheered and broke out into a USA chant, the rest are bros here for the orangeball.

Watching both games here. Rooting for the Heat to win. Need to make more of free kicks. Surface seems slippery.

daegan

Was going to go out tonight but I don't want the 20 minute drive home after it's over :/

xbhaskarx

Edit: ^ Buffalo Wild Wings on Saratoga Ave

Okay, there is a table of 12 in front of me watching the soccer game and half of them are typing away on their smartphones right now, so I thought I'd check...

Meier

Dempsey's goal was quite lovely. The angle of the original shot made it look like the fact he didn't get much on it may have allowed the keeper to save it but when they showed the shot from the other end, you could see that he beat him pretty soundly.

Oozer3993

Considering that this game is in Guatemala, I'm surprised that wasn't given. We never get the benefit of the doubt in Central American countries.

Meier

Obvious yellow card.. American football tackled him basically. I love it when players are like WHO ME?! Hope Dempsey is okay after taking those spikes to the knee.

Guatemala, as dirty as ever, with just as shitty officiating as ever. I hate when we have to play these scumbags. Beautiful country with great people, but their soccer team is vile.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Guatemala, as dirty as ever, with just as shitty officiating as ever. I hate when we have to play these scumbags. Beautiful country with great people, but their soccer team is vile.

The last game had worse officiating and we played against a dirtier team than tonight.

Meier

WOW, what a save by Howard. That looked like a surefire goal. Lucky as hell that the follow up was miss hit.

I think Jozy (I'm guessing? Game is muted for me) was trying to draw a penalty there. Looked a bit like Super Mario from Spain-Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom