• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2016 [OT] Bodies ache, but New York will not wait. [Tennis]

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
didn't expect nishikori to win a set after the first one. might yet be a match.

of course he will get broken right away.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
nishikori gifts a break but then murray gets broken right back from 40-0. give djokovic the title and get this over with.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, Murray is so fragile mentally

EDIT: LMAO ESPN is having so much fun replaying that "gong" sound over and over

MIMIC

Banned
Patrick McEnroe: "Is that a Japanese butterfly?"

giphy.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Murray waiting for Kei to make the errors. And if Kei is hitting winners then Murray seems rather hopeless (because Murray certainly isn't going to force the issue)

Kensuke

Not sure why I'm surprised, as Kei has done this before, but damn. Showing here again that he does have stamina and is mentally strong enough to come back. Not sure at all he will win, but still a great effort.

These guys do not have great forehands. I never knew Kei was so good at the net though! He should get up there way more often.

Murray's court position in this match has been dreadful, especially after the roof came on.

clemenx

Banned
Kei is so goood but he has to work so hard for eveey single point. No overwhelming power nor a lifeguard serve ever :(

Even Andy can break out a bomb serve when needed. No wonder Kei always has fitness shenanigans going.

clemenx

Banned
Kei remains one of my favorite players but you cant win at this level without some freebies off your own serve. It's impossible to not be completely drained by this point when you don't, it isn't as simple as lol Kei choker.

Kensuke

If this were any other slam Nishikori would be done. I can still see him win a tiebreak though. We'll see if he even gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom