• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

MIMIC

Banned
Oh wow, so Sharapova lost, huh? I didn't see any of the match....just happened to catch the last couple points during Tennis Channel's replay.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I also quite like Anderson, I think he's unfairly ignored. Very hard work ethic and moves surprisingly well for his frame. That injury really set him back but he's considerably under-ranked right now. Really hope he beats Querrey.

I'm still mad at Anderson for choking against Djoko in Wimby.

I'm pulling for Schwartzman now, us midgets have to stick together!

Ricker

Come on today Kasatkina. Glorious chance for her 1st slam QF against Kaia Kanepi.

Yep,she is one of my favorite left...not crazy about Coco and Sloane and Sevastova...theres Williams and Kvitova that I like left...Svitolina has a better attitude this year and she is fun to watch so her also...oh Safarova is ok and Keys...lol

I'll go with Venus for a last slam win maybe,otherwise Kasatkina,for that Ostapenko effect.... :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Those sound like randomly created names from a Tennis game.

That would be a fun game for the uninitiated - make up a bunch of names like Stefan Nerodovic, or Alvarez Pedera, and see who can identify the real players. WTA would be hard mode.

d+pad

If I hear that lightning/thunder song one more time I'm gonna OD on meldonium

Ha! I'm sick of that song, too XD

Also, some of you are rooting for Kasatkina? Why? She basically pushed the ball through the entirety of her match against Ostapenko. I hate that kind of tennis :(

Me, I'm rooting for Pliskova and Stephens, mostly. Svitolina, too. Also really happy to see Safarova and Kanepi are still in the draw.

On the men's side: go Diego! He's had such a good year. Would love for him to keep moving through the draw--esp. if it's at the expense of Querrey XD

are we worried about Kohli? i think i will time my alarm to about when the third set should start and if Roger's up 2-0 i will go back to sleep.

Ricker

Not going well for Brady...looks like another American will bite the dust.

6-1 and bageled in 46 minutes by Pliskova...ouch.

mcfrank

Seems like the Nadal match will start earlier than I imagined. Nice I can watch while drinking my coffee (west coast ftw)

oti

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DOLGOPOLOV TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oh wow, so Sharapova lost, huh? I didn't see any of the match....just happened to catch the last couple points during Tennis Channel's replay.

Yep. Something like 40 unforced errors. She looked like she was ranked 140 something just like Wozniacki said. Literally watched her run to her left and hit the ball out of bounds to the right side of the Court.

But yeah, they keep giving her Center Court. This was her chance to not get nuked by Serena and she blew it.

With muguruza losing, Venus has a legit shot at becoming the number one tennis player in the world.

A 37 year old with Sjögren syndrome can be number 1!!!!

When you really think about it, Venus is the second best player in this era next to her sister Serena. Go ahead. Count the majors.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DOLGOPOLOV TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

g9sem3uravjz.jpg

Kensuke

Boring matches today and yesterday. I wish they'd at least show Rublev here, haven't seen the guy play for even one minute.

So there are no more day matches in Ashe and the Del Potro/Theim Match is at Grandstand. Where there is only standing room and it's 3 rows of people deep. Great fucking planning.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Delpo can't hit with spin, so everything is going long. I think his wrist is bothering him.

This slam.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Dude never hits with spin.

No player hits with no spin. Del Potro hits his flats shotter than most, but they're struck with so much power that if he didn't put at least some spin on they'd just be long all the time - which is exactly what you just saw.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
and now he's serve and volleying to keep the points as short as possible

this is the worst slam

just retire, delpo

Top Bottom