• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Been going through an adventure trying to get to bottom section. They gave out passes but I missed it so I've been trying to loiter around an exit trying to get some lol

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The giant slayer couldn't slay an actual giant.

I'm grateful that didn't go to a fifth set lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson or Del Potro or Rublev winning would prevent Querrey from reaching the WTF. Therefore, each of them has my full support. Tennis must not die.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you make Federer-Del Potro the night match? How the fuck are international audiences supposed to watch that one?

EDIT: On a different note, Murray has just announced he won't be playing the rest of the year.

This means the current WTF attendees are:

Nadal (guaranteed)
Federer (guaranteed)
Zverev (guaranteed)
Thiem (almost guaranteed)
Dimitrov (almost guaranteed)
Cilic (almost guaranteed)
Carreno Busta (contested)
Querrey (contested)

Given Nadal and Federer have already qualified, if the US Open is won by someone who is not one of them, that person would be guaranteed a WTF place.

jett

D-Member
They should definitely disqualify everyone but Nadal and Federer and just have those two play the finals.

d+pad

So happy for Anderson :) Happy for Sloane, too. I'd really love it if she could go all the way and win this whole thing.

As for today's matches, I'm rooting for Pliskova, Kanepi (long shot, I know) and Nadal. Not really rooting more heavily for Federer or Del Po, as I like both players and don't really care which one wins (though I have to say Del Po is a long shot, too, considering he's been sick).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rooting for Rublev and Del Potro. Youngster strikes back and the veteran redeemed? Great stories.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Why would you make Federer-Del Potro the night match? How the fuck are international audiences supposed to watch that one?

EDIT: On a different note, Murray has just announced he won't be playing the rest of the year.

This means the current WTF attendees are:

Nadal (guaranteed)
Federer (guaranteed)
Zverev (guaranteed)
Thiem (almost guaranteed)
Dimitrov (almost guaranteed)
Cilic (almost guaranteed)
Carreno Busta (contested)
Querrey (contested)

Given Nadal and Federer have already qualified, if the US Open is won by someone who is not one of them, that person would be guaranteed a WTF place.

AO could be pretty crazy

Top Bottom