• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

The last 5 women remaining are as follows:

#9 Venus Williams
#16 Madison Keys
#22 Coco Vandeweghe
#83 Sloane Stephens
#418 Kaia Kanepi

Who is everyone pulling for?

I kinda want Venus to win because it would be great to see a 37 year old champion, but at the same time I would really like to see a new American slam champion so Keys, Stephens, or Coco would be preferred.
Did you know the US hasn't had a new womens grand slam champion since Capriati in 2001?

enter the wormhole
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Slam_singles_champions_by_country

If Kanepi, the qualifier, wins it then I can't be mad at that. Probably been a while since a qualifier won a slam

d+pad

The last 5 women remaining are as follows:

#9 Venus Williams
#16 Madison Keys
#22 Coco Vandeweghe
#83 Sloane Stephens
#418 Kaia Kanepi

Who is everyone pulling for?

In order:

Sloane
Kaia
Madison
Coco
Venus

Actually, Sloane and Kaia are tied in my mind, but I have a *really* hard time seeing Kaia winning it all...

jett

D-Member
I understanding wanting to root for the underdog, but at least root for someone that has a remote chance of winning.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
only hope is that the sudden jump in the quality of opposition in the semis catches nadal off guard. he has not played anyone who should have made it past the second round.

If Rublev and Shapovalov are the future of tennis then that will be a big step down in terms of handsomeness.

At least Zverev is dreamy.

bionic77

I hope Nadal wins the US Open. Roger won 2 slams this year, Nadal should get 2 slams this year. Its only fair, in this resurgent era.
This is objectively wrong.

This is the last stand of the Fed.

The correct answer is for him to destroy Nadal again in the semi's and get his 20th and last slam before fading away in the next 2 years.

oti

Banned
This is objectively wrong.

This is the last stand of the Fed.

The correct answer is for him to destroy Nadal again in the semi's and get his 20th and last slam before fading away in the next 2 years.

No.

Roger will win these US Open.
After that, ALL GRAND SLAMS and Gold at the Tokyo Olympics.

Then he's allowed to retire and Tennis can rot in hell.

Man, this tournament is such a joke.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i can't remember did murray drop out at the last minute and his opponent got a walk-over? do they not redo the seedings if someone drops out?

Top Bottom