• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Kensuke

What a return by Del po.

Controversial but I don't think Fed has played as well as he did in the first three months of the season since his break.

I know he won Wimbledon. But all his main challengers went out. Then Cillic got injured in the final. It was probably his easiest Wimbledon. Now he hasn't looked right maybe due to his back in his last two tournaments.

Eh, he also won Halle. Not dropping a set during both tournaments and winning them comfortably, even if the competition wasn't super tough, are signs he was playing good tennis. Post-Wimbledon though he's been struggling. Montreal and the US Open are mostly a bust. He planned to peak during grass season this year and it paid off. He hasn't been in top condition since.

clemenx

Banned
Delpo looks very focused and calm. He's usually a bit of an emotional mess as much as Fed.

Oh well. Delpo probably has a better chance to beat Nadal right now than Fed.

Eh, he also won Halle. Not dropping a set during both tournaments and winning them comfortably, even if the competition wasn't super tough, are signs he was playing good tennis. Post-Wimbledon though he's been struggling. Montreal and the US Open are mostly a bust. He planned to peak during grass season this year and it paid off. He hasn't been in top condition since.

He also lost to Tommy Haas.

He played well in the final at Halle. But the other matches he wasn't that great and some people were tipping Zverev to win.

Kensuke

I'm ok with Fed at slams this year. That AO was already the mircale and the Wimby was an amazing bonus. The only thing to be sad about for fans is #1 getting out of sight if Nadal wins it all.

inm8num2

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very, very brightly this year, Roger.

I suppose 2018 will be Roger's farewell tour, unless he's also gunning for Ken Rosewall's records. ;)

edit - congrats to Delpo

Top Bottom