• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

All I wanted was Mad Max, which I got for free basically because Sony credited my account with that $10.

I doubt the Flash Sale will bring anything more that I want.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Would have impulse bought a bunch of games but these sale prices suck for Canadian PSN.

Doesnt feel like as good of a deal when all the prices were jacked up 35% recently.

rackham

Banned
I bought al the witcher 3 dlc and a digital copy of mega man. Own the physical copy. Still sealed too. They better not have a flash sale on these items already on sale. That's awful

OK. I have Megaman Collection, Neptunia VII, and Minecraft Story Mode all in the cart.
I'll hold on until Friday to see whether or not to add more before I check out.

I played though Tales from the Borderlands and truly enjoyed it. How's Story Mode since it's from the same company?

autoduelist

I'm amazed by how much hate Mad Max and Shadows of Mordor are getting in here. Both are fine games, though both suffer the problems common to all open world games. But for those who like open world games? They're pretty great.

Mad Max --
-fantastic atmosphere, solid hand to hand combat, fun but too easy car combat, fun base takeovers. sure, you have to send balloons into the air (like climbing towers) to 'unlock' areas, but whatever, you're mad max.

Shadows of Mordor
-nemesis system is spectacular and makes the game worth playing since it's a fantastic new mechanic and we rarely see those, combat is generally solid once you're used to it [to make sub-bosses harder, they're immune to certain attacks, which makes no logical sense but mechanically makes sense since you're forced to not spam your normal attacks], freerunning is rough but easy to ignore, map is too small. missions/nemesis system/base takeover are all well done.

happily plat'd both. if you hate open world games you won't like these, but if you like open world games, both are easily worth playing.

raw

I hope Sony price matches Walmart or at the least BB/Target and I can grab Titanfall 2 for as low as $27 digitally! (wishful thinking, prolly be like 10% off or some crap)

Hmm. Dishonored is only $10. I know nothing of this series except Bethesda has a hand in it. Is the combat as brain dead as the Elder Scrolls games? The asthetic looks realy nice.

Hmm. Dishonored is only $10. I know nothing of this series except Bethesda has a hand in it. Is the combat as brain dead as the Elder Scrolls games? The asthetic looks realy nice.

I'm playing it right now. It's more Bioshock than Elder Scrolls, mainly because its by Arkane Studio. Combat is good, just don't try to stealth your way through in your first run as it's going to be very frustrating.

Best wishes.

jholmes

How is I am Setsuna?

I liked it a lot but I love Chrono Trigger, so this is right in my wheelhouse. If you think the all-snow setting and all-piano soundtrack sound like your thing, and you're OK with a more sombre and less swashbuckling plot than Chrono Trigger, and you've already played a lot of Chrono Trigger and its contemporaries, you might really dig it. Maybe check out the OT, some people weren't impressed but I definitely was.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
That is the best price I've seen on Farcry Primal so far. The rest are lower in various retail ads, which means they will be lower on Amazon. Will definitely see what happens with the flash sale.

I'm playing it right now. It's more Bioshock than Elder Scrolls, mainly because its by Arkane Studio. Combat is good, just don't try to stealth your way through in your first run as it's going to be very frustrating.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably grab it Friday then.

Tjamato88

Got Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for Vita and the Telltale Batman season pass in my cart just waiting for Friday to see what else comes out.

I realized I wanted two fighting games on that list (SFV and GG). I'm not even good at fighting games but whatever. Will pick up Batman AK cause its cheap and I haven't finished it on my borrowed copy. Digimon on vita cause my vita needs some new games.

Thinking about Hitman cause it seems good and I enjoyed the GB quick looks.

Maybe Overwatch but I think I'd rather get that on PC. I sucked playing it last free weekend.

I wish I picked up gravity rush remastered last sale. Is that still on sale?

Should I wait for more games to go on flash sale before checking out? Will the 10% code still be valid by then?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't get it. Why save the coupon? What if something you want for the BF sale goes off sale???

edit: oh the flash sale IS friday

DOWN

Banned
I don't get it. Why save the coupon? What if something you want for the BF sale goes off sale???
Today's sale items will Remain on sale until they change them over again next Tuesday. Flash Sales are a different independent sale list that comes and goes without replacing the weekly sale list that started today.

edit: oh the flash sale IS friday

This sale runs til next Tuesday and the flash sale should be either on Thursday or Friday. You can buy from both sales at once if you wait. The coupon is one use.

I'm amazed by how much hate Mad Max and Shadows of Mordor are getting in here. Both are fine games, though both suffer the problems common to all open world games. But for those who like open world games? They're pretty great.

Mad Max --
-fantastic atmosphere, solid hand to hand combat, fun but too easy car combat, fun base takeovers. sure, you have to send balloons into the air (like climbing towers) to 'unlock' areas, but whatever, you're mad max.

Shadows of Mordor
-nemesis system is spectacular and makes the game worth playing since it's a fantastic new mechanic and we rarely see those, combat is generally solid once you're used to it [to make sub-bosses harder, they're immune to certain attacks, which makes no logical sense but mechanically makes sense since you're forced to not spam your normal attacks], freerunning is rough but easy to ignore, map is too small. missions/nemesis system/base takeover are all well done.

happily plat'd both. if you hate open world games you won't like these, but if you like open world games, both are easily worth playing.

so happy to know i'm not the only one who loves these 'mediocre' open-world games (throwing in mafia 3, also :) )...

godisntheradio

Neo Member
i hope every Ys appears in the flash sale, been itching for some more after memories of celceta

as for this sale, i will grab dirt rally after i check out what's in the flash sale

Top Bottom