• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, Jojo Eyes of Heaven is discounted, & for freakin' 60% off as well. Glad I waited.

I'm debating Digimon Cyber Sleuth since my friend has a physical PS4 copy that he said he'd let me borrow, but for $12 on Vita (+ the 10% off coupon I'd be using), it's very tempting. Is there any huge differences between the two, or should Vita suffice? It'd be nice having a RPG to play on the go again since the last few (including FF15 next week & currently World of FF) have been on consoles.

GazzaGSi

That edition doesn't include season pass just early access without reaching the relevant rank for items.

Purchase the STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Deluxe Edition and get the base game plus five exciting in-game items
• DL-44 blaster – as made famous by Han Solo (instant access)
• Ion Detonator (instant access)
• Ion Torpedo (instant access)
• Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
• Victory (exclusive emote)

Tempted for Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition to see the Pro upgrades and DIRT Rally.

Is there still free 30 day PS+ trials knocking around? Can't remember seeing one in my Pro box and it's in the loft now so don't fancy digging it out if they dont do them anymore.

WetWaffle

How is Hitman's performance on PS4 compared to PC? I wanna buy it now but I'm planning on building a new pc in 2-4 months. Are the differences great enough for me to wait?

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is not going to get cheaper than $12, right?

Anybody have it? Is it significantly better or worse than OPPW2?

j0hnnix

Well, I held onto the 10% ,but i got sfv deluxe, GG Rev, and Darksiders Warmaster(standard price). I'll see what the flash will bring. Do I need to know anything about previous hitman games? Ive always liked hitman, but never played it,just watched the movies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is not going to get cheaper than $12, right?

Anybody have it? Is it significantly better or worse than OPPW2?
This will probably be the cheapest it'll get. & I'd say it's much better than OP2 with its Kizuna attacks, meaning you can summon other characters to help attack at the end of a combo, & the fact collecting coins is MUCH more tolerable now, including leveling up characters with said coins. It doesn't feel as random now.

airjoca

Never really felt the appeal of anime fighters, love Street Fighter. Can I do the transition and enjoy Guilty Gear Revelator?

Skatterd

Some ok deals here, but I guess I'll wait for the supposed flash sale. I really wish they'd just communicate what else will go on sale.

This will probably be the cheapest it'll get. & I'd say it's much better than OP2 with its Kizuna attacks, meaning you can summon other characters to help attack at the end of a combo, & the fact collecting coins is MUCH more tolerable now, including leveling up characters with said coins. It doesn't feel as random now.

SOLD!

Thanks for the response! I enjoyed 2 quite a bit, so now I'm looking forward to this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SOLD!

Thanks for the response! I enjoyed 2 quite a bit, so now I'm looking forward to this.
Oh yeah, S-ranking is MUCH easier now because they swapped out how much damage you've taken for how many enemies you've defeated via Kizuna attacks or Kizuna Rush. But yeah, they got rid of the coin board from OP2 in exchange for a "give us # coins based on this character or group & you can level up attack, defense, special, etc." which I highly prefer over trying to figure out a good layout in OP2.

Story-wise, it's just a summary of the manga with a different ending for the Dressrosa arc since it wasn't finished in the manga when this was in development.

danthefan

So are the differences between the Complete Edition and the regular edition of Witcher 3 enough to justify the price?

I assume the expansions are included in the complete and if so, they are magnificent. Probably the best expansion content I've ever played. And there's a good 30-40 hours gameplay in the expansions alone.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The flash sales aren't going to further discount what's listed in the OP right?

Doubtful. Sony would probably get a ton of shit if they did that, and I can't recall a single instance that has happened prior on PSN. There have been flash sales on top of weekly sales in the past, but essentially different games/movies/tv were part of each concurrent sale.

I imagine that will happen also on Fri. Hoping for a game not included in this list to go on sale before blowing your 10% coupon? Wait and see what gets added on Fri.

DOWN

Banned
Well, I held onto the 10% ,but i got sfv deluxe, GG Rev, and Darksiders Warmaster(standard price). I'll see what the flash will bring. Do I need to know anything about previous hitman games? Ive always liked hitman, but never played it,just watched the movies.
The new Hitman is standalone so go for it

Got Darksiders 2. Previously bought Darksiders and Darksiders2 on both PS3 and PC. Now Darksiders 2 on PS4. I am doing my part. Hoping for Darksiders 3.

Mad Max for eight bucks digital might be my buy-in price.

...and Red Dead Revolver is on PS4, and I didn't know that, and I want it, and I hope that I can complete it because it doesn't freeze my console like it did when I tried two different copies on my OG XBox.

Ricker

mine is not working, where do i actually input it? i get a message the says " please enter a complete prepaid card or promotion code"

Probably after you bought something,before confirmation there is usually a box for any extra code to enter...?(in cart)

Moonkid

Doubtful. Sony would probably get a ton of shit if they did that, and I can't recall a single instance that has happened prior on PSN. There have been flash sales on top of weekly sales in the past, but essentially different games/movies/tv were part of each concurrent sale.

I imagine that will happen also on Fri. Hoping for a game not included in this list to go on sale before blowing your 10% coupon? Wait and see what gets added on Fri.
Probably not, no.
Ah I see, makes sense. Just wanted to double check. I'm eyeing the Witcher 3 so I might just pull the trigger. Thanks for the know-how

DeviantBoi

mine is not working, where do i actually input it? i get a message the says " please enter a complete prepaid card or promotion code"
At the check-out screen.

You're probably trying to redeeem a code or card. That's not it.

Add everything to cart. Start to checkout. There should be a box to enter the code.

molnizzle

Man. Missed all the Doom sales when I didn't have a PS4. Really want to buy the game again on console.

Never really felt the appeal of anime fighters, love Street Fighter. Can I do the transition and enjoy Guilty Gear Revelator?

I decided to give it a go and wow, the anime is still strong in this series. I couldn't stomach it personally.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Haven't played Revelator, but my brief time with Xrd befuddled me. WAAYYYY too much going on in terms of counters, meters, cancels, double counters, etc...

The tutorial does a good job explaining that stuff, but by the end of it I was FAR less enthused to even jump into the game at all. Just my opinion, but I just craved the simplicity of Capcom's games once again.

GGXrd did look astounding though, I mean very convincing illusion effect going on.

skelekey

For me Guilty gear is a go, but since I'm a huge one piece fan are pirate warriors and Burning blood worth it?

Should I Give Neptunia a shot at $5.00?

molnizzle

Is the Street Fight V Deluxe Edition worth it or should I pick up the standard version?

Deluxe is worth it IMO because it lets you use your fight money on stages and costumes instead of DLC characters. If you want to get the DLC characters without spending money you won't have any funds for anything else. Better to just get the season pass, especially since it's never gone on sale before today.

Top Bottom