• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

ZeroX03

Banned
How is Mad Max and far cry primal?

Very competently made, fun with few glaring weaknesses, but nothing all that special about them. Run of the mill open world.

Would say Mad Max is better, stronger visual identity and gameplay that won't wear out it's welcome as fast. But Primal is a much brisker game.

-Horizon-

Just got a couple of questions:

Is arkham knight premium worth it? Or should I just get the standard? I've only read a few things about how the season pass was kind of a disappointment for some.

Is the deluxe version of star wars worth the extra couple of dollars or is the standard the better option?

Any problems with terraria on the ps4?

SAO lost song ps4 is pretty much a prettier port of the vita version like digimon cyber sleuth was right? If so I'll just stick with the vita one.

Unity, syndicate, fairy fencer and j-stars (and even SAO) all have a chance to drop lower in price right?
For the asscreed games I remember black flag dropping below $10 in a couple of other sales.
And anime games have that golden week sale or something?

JP

I ended up buying Batman: The TellTale Series ($14.99) and Livelock ($13.99), didn't use the 10% code though.

I inevitably end up buying TellTale games at this time of the year when they're discounted as they're all pretty simple games that you don't have to think about while playing. Sometimes it's just nice to have something that's pretty simple to play, good for the kids too. :)

Just waiting for Lego Harry Potter Collection and Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be heavily discounted before I bite. It's probably far too early for the Harry Potter set to be discounted this year and with a new Star Wars film out soon, I think they're still treating that as a current release so I'll be surprised to see it get much of a discount before Easter.

I'm pleased there was a discount on Livelock as I've wanted that since launch but, you know, other games.

megalowho

Also tempted to catch up on some Telltale stuff. Game of Thrones is really cheap. Not sure how successful it ended up being but I'll probably grab it this weekend. Can wait on Batman until it's finished and on sale at a comparable price.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is arkham knight premium worth it? Or should I just get the standard? I've only read a few things about how the season pass was kind of a disappointment for some.

Eh hard to say. I don't think it's great, but Batgirl and Infamy are okay and I dig skins. $10 is probably about what it's worth for the premium content. Hard to say whether it's worth it if you haven't played AK and don't know if you'd want more after finishing though.

If money isn't super tight I guess go for it? It's not like it can really go much cheaper.

Johndoey

Banned
Bought the remaining four Hitman episodes I wanted, Neptunia was five bucks so I got that, and the SFV season pass to round out the pack.

Might buy Cyber Sleuth don't know yet. I already have World of FF so eh.
--
Anyone know if Zestria or Fairy Fencer F are anything worth picking up?

-Horizon-

Eh hard to say. I don't think it's great, but Batgirl and Infamy are okay and I dig skins. $10 is probably about what it's worth for the premium content. Hard to say whether it's worth it if you haven't played AK and don't know if you'd want more after finishing though.

If money isn't super tight I guess go for it? It's not like it can really go much cheaper.

How long is the dlc?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do we know there will be a flash sale or are people just expecting/hoping?

Decent sale for me, but just at the wrong time, because I don't have that much time to play anymore. If I did, I'd pick up The Witcher 3 Complete for $33, but might settle for the SFV Season Pass at $15..

..if Titanfall 2 doesn't go on sale on Friday.

Decent sale for me, but just at the wrong time, because I don't have that much time to play anymore. If I did, I'd pick up The Witcher 3 Complete for $33, but might settle for the SFV Season Pass at $15..

There will definitely be a flash sale. There was one last year and this in the PS Blog post -

And that’s not all. Redeem code D9NGJ7NF3L at checkout to receive a 10 percent discount on one total cart purchase. The limited-time storewide coupon can be combined with all PS Store sales and offers throughout the promotion window (including any surprise deals that might come your way later this week *nudge, nudge)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/22/black-friday-starts-now-at-playstation-store/

sony literally notes the upcoming flash sale on psblog

"And that’s not all. Redeem code D9NGJ7NF3L at checkout to receive a 10 percent discount on one total cart purchase. The limited-time storewide coupon can be combined with all PS Store sales and offers throughout the promotion window (including any surprise deals that might come your way later this week *nudge, nudge)."

Rymuth

How is Mad Max and far cry primal?
Mad Max is top notch. Just driving around the wasteland can be very relaxing, I'd put it on par with the feelings you get from sailing Black Flag. I've traded other open world games (Unity, Mordor even Arkham Knight) but I held onto my physical copy of Mad Max.

Did not enjoy Primal that much.

As much as I want to pull the trigger, I am going to wait and see if there is a flash sale first this weekend. Then I will buy everything at once with the coupon. I am glad this sale goes until next Tuesday so I can be patient. Hopefully we get that Flash Sale this friday or so.

Just got a couple of questions:

Is the deluxe version of star wars worth the extra couple of dollars or is the standard the better option?

Any problems with terraria on the ps4?

SAO lost song ps4 is pretty much a prettier port of the vita version like digimon cyber sleuth was right? If so I'll just stick with the vita one.

Unity, syndicate, fairy fencer and j-stars (and even SAO) all have a chance to drop lower in price right?
For the asscreed games I remember black flag dropping below $10 in a couple of other sales.
And anime games have that golden week sale or something?

The season pass of AK hinges on whether you like the actual game. Season of Infamy adds about 4 or 5 more side missions which take about 3 hours to complete and I think are essential to the main game.
There's a Batgirl prequel story that's probably about an hour or two long, short story missions with other characters, tons of Batman costumes and Batmobile skins and a ton of challenges. Challenges are basically fights and Batmobile races.

Mad Max is top notch. Just driving around the wasteland can be very relaxing, I'd put it on par with the feelings you get from sailing Black Flag. I've traded other open world games (Unity, Mordor even Arkham Knight) but I held onto my physical copy of Mad Max...

this! 2015 sleeper of the year :) ...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I liked it a lot but I love Chrono Trigger, so this is right in my wheelhouse. If you think the all-snow setting and all-piano soundtrack sound like your thing, and you're OK with a more sombre and less swashbuckling plot than Chrono Trigger, and you've already played a lot of Chrono Trigger and its contemporaries, you might really dig it. Maybe check out the OT, some people weren't impressed but I definitely was.
I'll admit, my fondness for CT comes more from the characters and story than the mechanics. I guess I'll wait and see

Whales

Banned
Kinda feeling like buying JC3 but I know it runs like shit and I dont wanna give the devs money for a game they didnt fix. Did they actually fix it?

Here's what im interested in:

-Hitman
-Batman AK
-JC3

and we'll see friday on the flash deals

ViolentP

Picked up Guilty Gear, Hitman, and Trackmania. Sony gave me $25 earlier this month so not a bad deal for $38. Still sitting on that coupon until Friday, however.

Kinda feeling like buying JC3 but I know it runs like shit and I dont wanna give the devs money for a game they didnt fix. Did they actually fix it?

Here's what im interested in:

-Hitman
-Batman AK
-JC3

and we'll see friday on the flash deals
I can't recommend JC3 on principle, let alone the performance issues. They made the game run WORSE then it's literally been months (dangerously close to a year now) and the game still runs horribly on consoles.

Hitman is fantastic, particularly if you liked the Hitman pre-Absolution. Though be warned that it does require you to be online.

Batman AK is pretty good at that price. Certainly a fun game.

MANUELF

Banned
Dont remember if I have 5 or 10 dollars on my account but still nothing too important right now, maybe the flash sale will be good

Pandacon

Anyone try Trackmania on PSVR? I'm interested in a racing vr game, but want something a bit more arcady than Driveclub...

I debating on not picking up Skyrim at Best Buy and grabbing both Hitman and the Witcher DLC. Something to ponder at work I guess.

Sol1dus

In for

Terraria
Wolfenstein Old Blood

Maybe-

JC3
Far Cry 4

Hoping the following go on sale Friday for a good price-

Wolfenstein the New Order
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
DOOM
Minecraft
Diablo 3

I don't have many PS4 games cause I hate backlogs and my 500gb is full. But I'm willing to buy these and stay away from any new game purchases for the next year.

My hold-outs right now, for Friday are:

INSIDE
Headlander
Skyrim: Remastered
Divinity: OS

Other than that, I've settled on TT Batman and TFTBorderlands and Hitman.

Gator86

Only Mad Max for me after consideration. I don't want to reward telltale for releasing broken products and I have the other stuff I'd be interested in. Hoping the flash sale is stellar.

fernoca

The 10% off code will become available on Friday right?
Is in the main post.
Cx4XzQZVEAEuZt2.jpg

Top Bottom