• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

shaowebb

Whoa...uh apparently the ending of Gobusters continued to decline in ratings and left their series with an average rating of 4% now the latest episode of Kyoryuger is like 3.2%

Apparently Sentai has been on a decline for awhile and Go busters is officially the lowest rated sentai ever. Source

I don't watch sentai even though I had planned to start. Most I've been doing is Akibaranger and Wizard episodes. Anyone got any idea why Sentai is dropping like this? Time slot? Dull toys?

WillyFive

I don't watch sentai even though I had planned to start. Most I've been doing is Akibaranger and Wizard episodes. Anyone got any idea why Sentai is dropping like this? Time slot? Dull toys?

Rider is also dropping as well, so it's not exclusive to Sentai; but Go-Busters in particular did make it go over a cliff. There could be many reasons, from children no longer watching TV to they not caring for live action Toku anymore, and of course the very competitive timeslot.

Time slot could be a last resort, since the show got a huge bump in ratings when it went to Sunday mornings starting with Megaranger (before it aired on Friday afternoons). Maybe moving it out of the competition could help.

Back when the show aired on prime time (Sat. 7:30-8 PM), the show got ratings of 16.1%. If it was moved to that time today it won't get near as big ratings since less people are watching TV than they were back then, but more people would be watching and it won't be so focused to kids, who obviously didn't care at all for Go-Busters.

But changing the time slot is just a small step, if the other reasons are culprit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Whoa...uh apparently the ending of Gobusters continued to decline in ratings and left their series with an average rating of 4% now the latest episode of Kyoryuger is like 3.2%

Apparently Sentai has been on a decline for awhile and Go busters is officially the lowest rated sentai ever. Source

GB didn't really have much toys to sell (it's not shilling compared to Gokai or Kyouryu), and was rather not into the demographic it was targeting (apparently older watchers liked it).

Also, Pokemon Smash competes with Rider/Sentai (it's a 1hr show, half rerun of an old ep, half variety show). Then there's the declining child rate.

shaowebb

KT99isI.png

That game looks so damned hype. Even if I got to save to get the console later I am pre-ordering that soundtrack edition now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
KT99isI.png

That game looks so damned hype. Even if I got to save to get the console later I am pre-ordering that soundtrack edition now.

Kabuto just walking in the background while the other riders fight faiz was hilarious

Please let Time Judged All be on the soundtrack.

Considering they're charging ~40% more for the TV Sound version I have to imagine they'll be cramming as many vocal songs in there as possible. Time Judged All is definitely the big OOO one after the actual theme song though so even if they're limited per series I would expect it to be in.

Just getting the regular edition myself. The songs would add a fair bit of hype to the atmosphere of the game but I can deal without them.

shaowebb

Considering they're charging ~40% more for the TV Sound version I have to imagine they'll be cramming as many vocal songs in there as possible. Time Judged All is definitely the big OOO one after the actual theme song though so even if they're limited per series I would expect it to be in.

Just getting the regular edition myself. The songs would add a fair bit of hype to the atmosphere of the game but I can deal without them.

In that case with Beast's theme being in I may be able to expect Kamen Rider Birth's theme "Reverse Rebirth" to be in as well.

Game is gonna be hype. Plus look at how big the maps appear. They don't even fit completely into the viewer. Im not saying its gonna be huge because who knows how far you travel on that map in a single step, but its definitely gonna feel decent in scope. Here's hoping the city fountain, the warehouse and the periodical japanese village settings are in since they see so much usage in Toei shows.

shaowebb

Have any movie riders been seen yet?

Skull and Eternal are shown in that trailer.

That leaves the following movie Riders...
  • shin
  • ZO
  • J
  • Femme
  • Tohki
  • Hercus
  • New Den O
  • Rey
  • Kivara
  • Aqua
  • Nadeshiko
  • G4
  • Ryuga
  • Orga
  • Glaive
  • Kabuki
  • Caucasus
  • Ketaros
  • Gaoh
  • Nega Den O
  • Arc
  • Yuuki
  • Goludora (who barely counts)
  • Shilubara (who barely counts)
  • G Den O
  • Core
  • Poseidon
  • Skull Form Den O
  • Shiro Hijack Form
  • Verde

...unaccounted for. Honestly though most of that list are duds. Arc would make for a badass fight though if he was an enemy. Legend Arc for a final form would look great in HD too. Dude was a monster.

I wonder if Booster Form Accel will make it in since he is in? It was a movie exclusive form and so far it hasn't been in a game. Its not even in Chou Climax Heroes. Most it ever had was a single attack in All Kamen Rider Generation 2. For that matter will they use this game like other games OOO's has been in to sneak in some of his unused medal forms. If nothing else it'd be cool to see the shocker medal return to use Tamashii in a game. Stuff like the Kangaroo forms and the Panda forms have appeared in dvd extras and Panda was in the ganbaride game with its own finisher. Movie war mega max has mention of them with poseidon.
...They were the Ushi (ウシ, Bull), Shirokuma (シロクマ, Polar bear), Hachi (ハチ, Bee), Mukade (ムカデ, Centipede), Ari (アリ, Ant), Shika (シカ, Deer), Gazelle (ガゼル, Gazeru), Yadokari (ヤドカリ, Hermit crab), Penguin (ペンギン, Pengin), and Seiuchi (セイウチ, Walrus) Core Medals. Kougami's chart also includes the Panda Medal (seen only in Ganbaride), the Kangaroo Medal (seen only in the Hyper Battle DVD), and Poseidon's Core Medals...

Parallax

Skull and Eternal are shown in that trailer.

That leaves the following movie Riders...
  • shin
  • ZO
  • J
  • Femme
  • Tohki
  • Hercus
  • New Den O
  • Rey
  • Kivara
  • Aqua
  • Nadeshiko
  • G4
  • Ryuga
  • Orga
  • Glaive
  • Kabuki
  • Caucasus
  • Ketaros
  • Gaoh
  • Nega Den O
  • Arc
  • Yuuki
  • Goludora (who barely counts)
  • Shilubara (who barely counts)
  • G Den O
  • Core
  • Poseidon
  • Skull Form Den O
  • Shiro Hijack Form
  • Verde

...unaccounted for. Honestly though most of that list are duds. Arc would make for a badass fight though if he was an enemy. Legend Arc for a final form would look great in HD too. Dude was a monster.

I wonder if Booster Form Accel will make it in since he is in? It was a movie exclusive form and so far it hasn't been in a game. Its not even in Chou Climax Heroes. Most it ever had was a single attack in All Kamen Rider Generation 2. For that matter will they use this game like other games OOO's has been in to sneak in some of his unused medal forms. If nothing else it'd be cool to see the shocker medal return to use Tamashii in a game. Stuff like the Kangaroo forms and the Panda forms have appeared in dvd extras and Panda was in the ganbaride game with its own finisher. Movie war mega max has mention of them with poseidon.

with a game like this, i kinda hope all forms are used. and with varying strengths as well.

Boss Doggie

No he's not. That was a fake picture made from photoshopping the Kyoryu Red picture from the Busters vs. Gokai teamup scan. :p

Oh, and word is the Japanese fans are making fun of us for believing it. :p
Eh darn.

Then no one will top Doggie.

shaowebb

Slowly but surely I am bringing my wife into Toku. She is now a fan of Deneb and Zeronos over the "No Shiitake" scene in the super market. She also digs Momotaros' banchou style. I get the feeling she will be playing Den O cast a lot in Battride war with me. :)

Slayven

Slowly but surely I am bringing my wife into Toku. She is now a fan of Deneb and Zeronos over the "No Shiitake" scene in the super market. She also digs Momotaros' banchou style. I get the feeling she will be playing Den O cast a lot in Battride war with me. :)
My attack is so awesome it skipped a number.

Boss Doggie

Thanks for the heads up.

I myself don't want to judge a Gavan movie without subs. Same reason as how seemingly "unsubstantial" episodes end up making sense when subbed.

WillyFive

The Gavan movie looked super cheap.

It looked like a low budget version of the Gavan we saw in Gokaiger vs. Gavan. The two Go-Busters episodes that promoted the move had better special effects.

The new suit sucks too, terrible colorblind colors.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hear Kamen Rider Meteor (the coolest 2nd Rider in the one's I've watched, imo) is a pun...Ryuusei, "ryuu" being dragon, so he's like Bruce Lee...enter the dragon? And that's why he does the Bruce Lee shit. But it's cool.

Also, FINALLY am going to finish up Kamen Rider Den-O. Man, I have to say, I don't dislike this series, but I've slogged through it a bit. It was pretty dull, even if I find the Imagin (Yuuto and Deneb rock, as people mentioned above) stuff pretty funny, around the middle and some of the time-travel stuff I don't really get (even less than Kiva's). It's really picked up once Kai showed up, so we'll see if it ends good.

Next I'm watching Kabuto. I've heard it's one of the better shows? A nice mix of action and comedy, right?

Watch Da Birdie

I thought Ryuusei meant shooting star or something. I could be totally wrong though.

Yeah, it means shooting star, or meteor more or less. But I've heard they're punning off the "ryuu" part of that with the Bruce Lee stuff.

So, really, Ryuusei being Kamen Rider Meteor is pretty obvious if they'd look at his last name.

Slayven

Yeah, it means shooting star, or meteor more or less. But I've heard they're punning off the "ryuu" part of that with the Bruce Lee stuff.

So, really, Ryuusei being Kamen Rider Meteor is pretty obvious if they'd look at his last name.
They like their puns to work on multiple levels.

Parallax

I hear Kamen Rider Meteor (the coolest 2nd Rider in the one's I've watched, imo) is a pun...Ryuusei, "ryuu" being dragon, so he's like Bruce Lee...enter the dragon? And that's why he does the Bruce Lee shit. But it's cool.

Also, FINALLY am going to finish up Kamen Rider Den-O. Man, I have to say, I don't dislike this series, but I've slogged through it a bit. It was pretty dull, even if I find the Imagin (Yuuto and Deneb rock, as people mentioned above) stuff pretty funny, around the middle and some of the time-travel stuff I don't really get (even less than Kiva's). It's really picked up once Kai showed up, so we'll see if it ends good.

Next I'm watching Kabuto. I've heard it's one of the better shows? A nice mix of action and comedy, right?

Kabuto is easily one of my favorites. Used to be my old avatar. May bring it back when I get my new computer

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, the protagonist of Kabuto sounds cool. And a nice change after the soft-spoken sissies Wataru and Ryoutarou.

They like their puns to work on multiple levels.

I remember reading that whenever they reference the word "meteor" (apart from Meteor himself since that's katakana) in Fourze they specifically avoided using "ryuusei" and instead use "inseki".

Watch Da Birdie

One thing I've really loved in all the Kamen Riders is how well they use the camera-angles and backgrounds to stage scenes.

Like, the Den-O scene in 44 where Ryoutarou and Momotaros have a little fight in that dimly-lit terminal room, it looked so cool and totally fit the atmosphere.

Boss Doggie

Gavan movie was all right, but it picks up a lot once Kenji fucking Ohba appears.

Also, actress playing Witch Kill is awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, finished Den-O. The middle was boring, but the finale was pretty great, better than Kiva's imo, and, well, like Kintaros said it made me cry a bit. :0 OOO, overall, was a far better take on it, though, which makes sense since it was directed by the same person, correct?

Are any of the post-series movies worth watching? I kind of felt there were a few loose ends, more so than any of the other series I've watched, that needed to be tied up.

Anyway, my ratings of the series so far...from best to worst, although none have been horrible for me.

OOO
W
Fourze
Den-O
Kiva

WillyFive

Are any of the post-series movies worth watching? I kind of felt there were a few loose ends, more so than any of the other series I've watched, that needed to be tied up.

Well, they are more Den-O; if you liked the show you will like the movies. I'd say go watch them all, they are all pretty good except one (Episode Red, that one was a bore for me).

Top Bottom