• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
THEY ARE SO STRONG AND BRAVE

Oh we can't transform let's fight the monster of the week + minions + 2 generals anyways.

Most weapons when combined turn into a cannon or something. But with them it's a giant spiked sword that they just chuck at the opponent.

Them transforming then all of the sudden appearing on some building to do their roll call reminded me of Dairanger. Is that another old sentai trope that they're bringing back?

Wiseblade

Kyoryuger 4

+++ Unmorphed fight scene!!!
+ Wild West Megazord
+ Black is almost cool

- I don't know if I can handle 50 episodes of dad jokes.

In that case with Beast's theme being in I may be able to expect Kamen Rider Birth's theme "Reverse Rebirth" to be in as well.

Game is gonna be hype. Plus look at how big the maps appear. They don't even fit completely into the viewer. Im not saying its gonna be huge because who knows how far you travel on that map in a single step, but its definitely gonna feel decent in scope. Here's hoping the city fountain, the warehouse and the periodical japanese village settings are in since they see so much usage in Toei shows.

You've jinxed us, Shaowebb. Now half of the story mode missions are going to be in that village, just for the sake of accuracy!

THEY ARE SO STRONG AND BRAVE

Oh we can't transform let's fight the monster of the week + minions + 2 generals anyways.

Most weapons when combined turn into a cannon or something. But with them it's a giant spiked sword that they just chuck at the opponent.

Them transforming then all of the sudden appearing on some building to do their roll call reminded me of Dairanger. Is that another old sentai trope that they're bringing back?

It might just be a one-off reference, like that Carranger thing from last episode; I think if they teleport to the top of a building next episode, we can assume that they're bringing it back.

And I like that they're actually able to fight and hurt the monsters of the week without transforming; it certainly makes them look like THE STRONGEST AND BRAVEST TEAM. That bigass pike they use is cool, too.

Kyoryuger 4

+++ Unmorphed fight scene!!!
+ Wild West Megazord
+ Black is almost cool

- I don't know if I can handle 50 episodes of dad jokes.

I, for one, am looking forward to this.

WillyFive

RIP Goro Naya, Shocker's Great Leader (November 17, 1929 – March 5, 2013)

nayagorousann.png
Kr-vi-greatleader.jpg

The first big bad of Kamen Rider and final boss of Kamen Rider 1, V3, and Let's Go Kamen Riders.

NeonZ

Speaking of Den-O why did Toei suddenly stop making movies about them (thank god)?

Den-O had huge DVD sales, but they mostly died down by the time of the Chou Den-O Trilogy. I guess giving Den-O a starring role in Let's Go Kamen Riders was a last attempt to make it shine, giving it a boost with the OOO crossover and the All Riders concept, but it apparently didn't help, which is why Den-O got sidelined in Super Hero Taisen, in spite of having its cast confirmed very early, and doesn't seem to be getting any focus at all in SHT Z.

So now... it's Decade's turn?

Uggggh

No, they originally did the Decade tv series rather than a Den-O 2.

They aren't really pushing Decade as a permanent thing, just look at how he isn't a main character in Super Hero Taisen Z. There's only one scene with Decade confirmed so far, and his actor isn't even confirmed for the movie. Of course, if Z underperforms there's always the chance they'll bring back Decade as the lead again in the next crossover movie like what happened after Let's Go Kamen Riders... Decade starred in 3 out of the top 4 Rider movie box offices, including the number 1.

Wiseblade

Wizard 26

That was

THE GREATEST THING

EDIT: Gai is a poor man's Gai. I've watched 20 episodes of Jetman now, and he's spent alol of them simping for a woman who Ryu won't even give a second look.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Whoever was talking about how the Kyoryuger Team Call didn't have a presentation and such... well, it does now. :D

Overall ok episode and yes, I still hate Black. Pink is, by far, the most relateable character in that show. Everybody else is somehow annoying.

Western Kyoryujin was a nice change of pace. I wonder if we'll get different ones?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wizard's been pretty great past 6 or so episodes. Even though the drama they pull seems to be soap opera esque. "Grandma don't sacrifice your self for meeeee", "They're twins???????"

Also Fourze is boring the crap out of me and I might drop it. Which is funny cause I was able to put up with Wizard's boring spots.

Wiseblade

Wizard's been pretty great past 6 or so episodes. Even though the drama they pull seems to be soap opera esque. "Grandma don't sacrifice your self for meeeee", "They're twins???????"

Also Fourze is boring the crap out of me and I might drop it. Which is funny cause I was able to put up with Wizard's boring spots.

How far are you?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've actually tried. I watched the same episode like 3 times already cause I wasn't sure which one I was on. By the time I realize that I'm halfway through the episode so I skip to the preview and the preview sound fucking booooooring.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Enjoy the ride. And enjoy or hate the one of the most baller riders ever.

I like Tenjou so far, he's an ass.

I'm also looking forward to the...eight riders? this series has. All the Kamen Rider's I've watched have been light on them excluding movie ones, every one but Kiva only had the main Rider, and the second Rider.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wait up, does king have break dancing in his fight scenes?

and the stunt double for pink is horrible. those nylons are obvious as hell.

I like Tenjou so far, he's an ass.

I'm also looking forward to the...eight riders? this series has. All the Kamen Rider's I've watched have been light on them excluding movie ones, every one but Kiva only had the main Rider, and the second Rider.

the riders minus daisuke are pretty awesome. tsurugi being my favorite of the secondaries

WillyFive

I've actually tried. I watched the same episode like 3 times already cause I wasn't sure which one I was on. By the time I realize that I'm halfway through the episode so I skip to the preview and the preview sound fucking booooooring.

That's what killed Kuuga for me.

However, I never had a problem with Fourze. I guess since I watched it weekly as it aired, it gave people a different perspective to have to wait a week between episodes. Small stuff becomes interesting, unlike when watching it as a marathon where you look for big arcs.

tumblr_lzej1qOKlB1qhbwtbo1_400.gif

tumblr_m5bg5eyLTI1r2o4tgo1_400.gif

yami4ct

Kyoryuger 04

This is going to be the first sentai that I actually like all the main members it seems. Everyone's really fun and interesting. I honestly wasn't expecting to like Black from what we've seen so far, but this episode really turned him around for me. Loved finally getting a full henshin and roll call. Also, Kyoryuzin Western was super cool and unexpected. Sort of makes me long for the Cowboy themed Sentai that seems perpetually rumored but we never get. Overall, this series seems like exactly the type of Sentai show I want after being bored to death by GoBus.

Slayven

Kings hotblooded brave energy powers the whole team

Just like Banban's hotblood burned away an instakill attack.

I love when the hero just nudges people in the right direction instead of beating them over the head with. And is like "Told you so kouhai, lets fuck this dude up".

RIP Goro Naya, Shocker's Great Leader (November 17, 1929 – March 5, 2013)
The first big bad of Kamen Rider and final boss of Kamen Rider 1, V3, and Let's Go Kamen Riders.

I missed this post somehow; I'm going to miss him. He did a whole bunch of VA work, and he's always been one of my favorite narrators, ever since I heard him in Kamen Rider Amazon. He was a decent John Wayne stand in, too. RIP.

Just watched the latest Kyoryuger.

How are these guys so strong and brave? It hardly seems fair.

It's the announcer - every hero needs a hypeman.

Kyoryuuger #4 was great. The team is finally together. The battery charged powers are an interesting concept though. I wonder how that will translate to the US adaptation with the morphing grid and what not.

Slayven

What are some under represented animals in toku? Even with B Fighter I think insects don't get enough play. And on the dino front, fucking plesiosaurs.

Top Bottom