• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

NeonZ

Fake Edit: I don't really know why I'm writing all of this. I'm sure there are Brazilians in here who saw Winspector back then. Does it get better?

There'll be some actual villains that can put up a fight, but you won't get any kind of evil organization taking the spot of main antagonist. The format was based on weekly crimes, and it stays like that up to the ending.

Real Edit: I guess Winspector was the first of the new "Rescue Police Series" metal hero series, after the "Space Sheriffs" I was used to watch. Maybe that's why it's so different from what I was used to.

Hey, at least there are villains in Winspector, the series after it was Solbrain, which mostly focused on actual rescue operations with even less villains than in Winspector. In fact, the Winspector characters are all portrayed as "dark and edgy" there because they want to fight criminals rather than just rescue people.

Oh god, I just lost 25 mins of my life I want back. Ugh, wow I should never doubt you guys. Red has...nothing I mean wow the rest have cheese but he's so wooden/dead pan. Ouch

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's not like Alata is any more interesting. I hate them both BTW.

Ila3mw5.jpg

fmpanda

I'll take Serial Killer Troy over Alata anyday, that being said I am not looking forward to the SamuraiXMegaforce teamup. There's gonna be so much wood in there we're going to need Eka Darville to come back and chew up more scenery, while driving in a car with Robo Knight. Yup.

In other news, Ript has the sequel shirt out to the Angel Grove one they did a few weeks ago.

angel-grove-ii-the-lost-zord-detail_13561_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'll take Serial Killer Troy over Alata anyday, that being said I am not looking forward to the SamuraiXMegaforce teamup. There's gonna be so much wood in there we're going to need Eka Darville to come back and chew up more scenery, while driving in a car with Robo Knight. Yup.

Darville alone isn't gonna be enough. Were gonna need the whole damn rpm crew to carry troy alone. Heaven help the suck that is the samurai cast.

jwk94

AkibaBlue was excellent; hopefully New AkibaBlue is half as good.

It was ok. It was a big episode plot-wise for the season (major villain defeated), and the way the framed it all as an anti-bullying episode was kinda cute; but Red Ranger is still a robot.
Yeah, after watching the episode I have to agree with this. It was a good episode unless Troy was talking.

Is Megaforce Red really that bad guys?
Yes. He's horrible. I'd rather have Jayden.

Rajack

I really hope they follow that female rider thing otherwise I want to punch Toei again.

aww don't be like that Doggie. We already know you're tsun tsun for Toei.
I agree, they need to allow a main series female rider finally

Is that the actor being a shitty actor or is it him acting like a gaijin who can barely speak japanese?
I think its him playing up the Gaijin trope since once in a while there you can hear a sliver of competency in his Japanese, its him slipping up because as soon as he notices it he gets really annoying for a few moments.

Kyoryuger 05

Advertising chocolates in an episode about a cavity monster is pretty funny. Ian using the transformation energy to shoot the enemy was cool, and I liked they way his cavities messed up the role call. Ramires is kind of cool in a "doofy westerner standing out" kind of way, but when this kind of thing happens I always kinda hope that they'll just keep speaking English, interacting with the rest of the cast who're speaking Japanese as if nothing was different like the dude in Godzilla Final Wars.

The past few wizard stories been good. I really do wish they can do something about the main guy though. His final form eps better not just be blatant plot armor.

WillyFive

It's cool seeing how the Sentai T-Rex designs have evolved with the actual scientific understanding of T-Rexes at the time (although Zyuranger's design was way outdated by 1993).

tumblr_mjone9JNfq1qfbt2oo1_500.jpg

Also, Super Megaforce shots:

577053_384004545040003_256850507_n.jpg

601594_384003921706732_466972647_n.jpg

Did anyone else notice they miscounted and all the cameos and stuff will be during PR's 21st year instead of 20th? Was that just one big oversight?

WillyFive

Did anyone else notice they miscounted and all the cameos and stuff will be during PR's 21st year instead of 20th? Was that just one big oversight?

If Samurai hadn't gone for two years, they would have been perfect even with the one year hiatus after cancellation; since the crossover portion of Megaforce would have aired in 2013, 20 years after 1993. Then again, I guess they saw this coming and made the Goseiger portion be pretty much MMPR S4.

fmpanda

Yeah, hopefully the writers change things up a bit for the Super Megaforce part. I don't mind the trip through amnesia lane for Megaforce, but it's gonna take some work to get this cast Gokaiger-ready, especially for Noah and Serial Killer Troy.

On another note, so Paul and Jason (Bulk and Skull) got themselves banned from Power Morphicon for causing $9000 worth of damage to a panel room with pies.

Slayven

Yeah, hopefully the writers change things up a bit for the Super Megaforce part. I don't mind the trip through amnesia lane for Megaforce, but it's gonna take some work to get this cast Gokaiger-ready, especially for Noah and Serial Killer Troy.

On another note, so Paul and Jason (Bulk and Skull) got themselves banned from Power Morphicon for causing $9000 worth of damage to a panel room with pies.

Damn, how do you do that with pies?

Wiseblade

Kyoryuger Over-Time:

http://i.imgur.com/TdEdk4ll.jpg[IMG]

Kyoryuger TV-N:

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/f4412ab16a1e472bfb6a5b89fa3e8155/tumblr_mjrah4oCvs1qaben4o1_500.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

So when TV-N [I]do[/I] translate something, it's with a dudebro slant?

Ugh.

Caught up on Kyoryuger 5, ahaha King is a cool red.

I like how different(ish) this team feels and they mesh together because of King and he's willingness for the getter good.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The moment you have to explain something about your subtitle with another subtitle, you're not properly doing your job (even if that job is free, so you can't use that as an excuse).

Like it or not, translating is all about adapting.

Just watched the recent Megaforce episode. Bad, really bad. Very comical. The bully and the victim is so stereotypical. I mean fat little white boy with glasses and the taller skinny older guys. The acting is really atrocious especially Troy (Mega Red). Although that kid with the glasses hahahaha. Everything seems like a low budget amateur youtube film with Sentai footage. I bet GAF can do this episode better.

Top Bottom