• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kabuto 30-some

A pretty strong series so far, although apparently this is the part where the plot goes "out of control" I've heard people say? So far...I'm not seeing it, they're explaining everything well enough, and the big "plot twist" with the female lead didn't seem too far-fetched nor out of the blue.

The Riders have all been pretty cool, the only problem I really have is with Sasword...he's alright himself, but his plot just seems to keep being dropped and re-brought up in between other plots which is getting kind of annoying, and some of the humor with him and his butler is just...odd. The Dark Kitchen Arc, for instance...what the fuck?

shaowebb

I hadn't watched Kamen Rider in nearly two weeks or more since I got real busy with work lately. I finally had a few moments and caught up on Wizard 26 & 27. I was surprised...they finally had a cliffhanger that didn't tie itself up neatly in the second episode.
Looks like this series will get a 3rd Rider and a female too. I'm cool with this. I can't wait to see the design for Kamen Rider Mayu.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, Over Time is a blessing, and I love how TVN cannot bully other subbing groups anymore.

They bullied other sub groups?

Ehhhhh. They were very territorial because they were the kings of the toku subbing world (being the only real ones). Now you have OT and you'll see their little Timeranger battle, or when Nihon raced to get Dairanger done.

Or when MegaAnon started doing Megaranger, all of a sudden Nihon woke up and subbed like ten more episodes so he wouldn't catch up. So "bully" in terms of them having the number of people to kind of make other little groups that pop up irrelevant. Now with GUIS and OT it's harder for them to have a monopoly on toku subbing.

RIP Gao Soul :(

Wait what happened to Gao Soul?

They rocked Gaoranger. They rocked Sun Vulcan. Then they just kind of faded into oblivion. One of my inside sources said they just decided they were done. It's a shame because they did a fantastic subbing job, great style, and they made their shows practically weeklies.

I'm just glad they finished two shows before disappearing.

Slayven

Ehhhhh. They were very territorial because they were the kings of the toku subbing world (being the only real ones). Now you have OT and you'll see their little Timeranger battle, or when Nihon raced to get Dairanger done.

Or when MegaAnon started doing Megaranger, all of a sudden Nihon woke up and subbed like ten more episodes so he wouldn't catch up. So "bully" in terms of them having the number of people to kind of make other little groups that pop up irrelevant. Now with GUIS and OT it's harder for them to have a monopoly on toku subbing.

RIP Gao Soul :(

Fuck Kingranger

WillyFive

Timeranger's one of the best, I'd like to seethe whole show subbed on something other than Windows Movie Maker for once.

TV-N deserves a lot of due respect (the completion of their Dekaranger sub is one of the most important moments in the English toku fandom, simply because it was the first ever), but they are not competitive at all nowadays. They are lucky they are the only ones who do HD hardsubs (making them the go-to choice for streamers), otherwise their poor translations and long turnaround times would have made them obsolete.

Also, I hope we see Mayu become a Rider, even if it's just for the movie.

Timeranger's one of the best, I'd like to seethe whole show subbed on something other than Windows Movie Maker for once.

and those subs were just guesswork. Same dude did half of Zyuranger in the same quality before MegaAnon and GUIS finished off that show.

Boss Doggie

They rocked Gaoranger. They rocked Sun Vulcan. Then they just kind of faded into oblivion. One of my inside sources said they just decided they were done. It's a shame because they did a fantastic subbing job, great style, and they made their shows practically weeklies.

I'm just glad they finished two shows before disappearing.

Well at least they managed to get those two shows :(

Say, what about KT subs doing with old Rider shows?

TV-N deserves a lot of due respect (the completion of their Dekaranger sub is one of the most important moments in the English toku fandom, simply because it was the first ever), but they are not competitive at all nowadays. They are lucky they are the only ones who do HD hardsubs (making them the go-to choice for streamers), otherwise their poor translations and long turnaround times would have made them obsolete.

Also, I hope we see Mayu become a Rider, even if it's just for the movie.

Only thing they did is provide the first access but they wanted to monopolize so they had it coming.

WillyFive

More photos from the Super Megaforce production:

481298_384163928357398_760440908_n.jpg

^ Props for the Time Force rangers.

45542_384298648343926_2082848657_n.jpg

^ A set wardrobe.

NeonZ

Looks like this series will get a 3rd Rider and a female too. I'm cool with this. I can't wait to see the design for Kamen Rider Mayu.

I think you're kind of forgetting the "mage of the white/white wizard" there.
Mayu
can become a wizard and get a transformation without being officially considering a Rider. In fact, I think that's the only reason we're getting this plotline, considering how there's no merchandising for a new Rider at this point.

shaowebb

Damn...Kamen Rider Battride War sound edition pre-order is a limited thing till August and it costs $100 to import. I want this game and dear lord do I ever want to enjoy it with actual TV sound kicking in during stages, but $100?

I honestly can't justify a game that costs that much. I don't even own a PS3 and would either be purchasing one of those plus a controller for my wife or borrowing one from a friend just to play this.

Looks like this game (as much as I want it) will just have to wait. Someday...but not at launch.

Wiseblade

Go-Buster vs Gokaiger: The Movie

What I wanted: A Gokaiger 1-Hour special with a Kyoryuger cameo. And Hiromu shows his face for two seconds, I guess.

What I got: A mediocre Go-Busters episode with some watered down Gokaigers/Kyoryugers. Not nearly enough GOKAI CHANGE for my liking.

Hopefully someone at Toei decides to go buck wild and we get Kyoryuger vs Gokaiger vs Akibaranger next year.

Slayven

What I wanted: A Gokaiger 1-Hour special with a Kyoryuger cameo. And Hiromu shows his face for two seconds, I guess.

What I got: A mediocre Go-Busters episode with some watered down Gokaigers/Kyoryugers. Not nearly enough GOKAI CHANGE for my liking.

Hopefully someone at Toei decides to go buck wild and we get Kyoryuger vs Gokaiger vs Akibaranger next year.

Super Hero Taisen killed the Vs Franchise. But really I blame the Accel solo movie.

Boss Doggie

Man, all this GoBusters hate, and I bet you folks still think Gokaiger had deep characters and GoBusters have flat characters.

And Gokaiger vs Gavan is still the best versus film.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Man, all this GoBusters hate, and I bet you folks still think Gokaiger had deep characters and GoBusters have flat characters.

And Gokaiger vs Gavan is still the best versus film.

Haven't seen gokaiger, but that does fit go busters.

Slayven

Who said anything about Gokaiger's characters being deep? I just like them more.

Yeah with Gobusters they just stop trying to develop the characters and was running down the clock. Gokaigers didn't do much to develop them but at least they were entertaining. And they wrote them in situations that keep them that way.

WillyFive

Gokaiger's characters weren't deep, but they were very likable; which you can't say about Jerk Ranger, Old Man, and the Crybaby. The Go-Busters characters weren't deep either.

That terrible last action scene. For a character based on speed and agility, they give him a powerup that made him slow and unwieldy.

The fight being shot in slow motion doesn't make him slow.

Slayven

Gokaiger's characters weren't deep, but they were very likable; which you can't say about Jerk Ranger, Old Man, and the Crybaby. The Go-Busters characters weren't deep either.

The fight being shot in slow motion doesn't make him slow.

Just a pain to watch.

vareon

Even if this happens, it will never meet your expectations.

Boss Doggie

Haven't seen gokaiger, but that does fit go busters.
Yeah with Gobusters they just stop trying to develop the characters and was running down the clock. Gokaigers didn't do much to develop them but at least they were entertaining. And they wrote them in situations that keep them that way.

And this is why Sentai won't evolve. GoBusters are more nuanced. They're not deep (lol deep Sentai) but they're definitely not your average characters. Their personality is more subdued and aren't just visible via character episodes. Their characters aren't in your face like in Gokaiger (Gokaiger was entertaining but for different reasons) or Kyoryuger. The GoBusters personalities aren't set in a single episode and are very different from the early point to the next. They did not "stop" developing. Hell, the very fact that there's that Yoko episode near the end about her being able to take care of herself is a sign of it.

Really, the only terrible GoBusters eps are some few fillers and Gavan crossover.

WillyFive

Doggie, more backstory has been given to each individual member of Kyoryuger in 4 episodes than the core three Go-Busters got in half a year. And each Kyoryuger has a different backstory too, unlike Go-Busters. Even the least developed Kyoryuger, Amy, at this point has more nuance to her story than Yoko did, which even after the show ended her entire story was literally "Red made a promise to me, Jin may have had an affair with my mother, and I want to go to school one day."

Anyway, Fury Diamond (part of the Power Force group and has inside sources at the NZ production group that in the past have been reliable) made some interesting posts regarding the Gokaiger suits in Super Megaforce:

There will be some fans who won't like the Gokai suits usage in Super Megaforce. I love the suits, but not the concept. Filming has started so there is little chance that it will change.

Some of the props from recent photos won't be used.

Goseiger Suits were already confirmed as the primary suits in both seasons. I'm still waiting on confirmation on details about the usage from another source.

This is what we know of Super Megaforce (confirmed by my sources):
1. Goseiger Suits are the primary suits for Power Rangers Megaforce and Super Megaforce.
2. Super Megaforce will feature Gokaiger Suits, Footage, and Content (Zords, Weapons..etc). There is no confirmation on the actual usage.
3. Super Megaforce will concentrate on Gokaiger footage over Goseiger footage
4. Super Megaforce will have a Silver Ranger. There is no confirmation on whether this is Gokai Silver or an original Ranger. Based on Gokaiger footage usage, we will most likely see Gokai Silver.
5. Ranger Keys will be used in Super Megaforce. There is no confirmation on the usage. Gokai Silver and/or the Gokai Suits will probably use the keys to match footage.

And this is why Sentai won't evolve. GoBusters are more nuanced. They're not deep (lol deep Sentai) but they're definitely not your average characters. Their personality is more subdued and aren't just visible via character episodes. Their characters aren't in your face like in Gokaiger (Gokaiger was entertaining but for different reasons) or Kyoryuger. The GoBusters personalities aren't set in a single episode and are very different from the early point to the next. They did not "stop" developing. Hell, the very fact that there's that Yoko episode near the end about her being able to take care of herself is a sign of it.

Really, the only terrible GoBusters eps are some few fillers and Gavan crossover.

Yeah, but the problem with Go-Busters is, I just DID NOT like Hiromu at all, no matter how much I tried. When your Red is completely unlikable, that makes it really tough.

This is what we know of Super Megaforce (confirmed by my sources):
1. Goseiger Suits are the primary suits for Power Rangers Megaforce and Super Megaforce.
2. Super Megaforce will feature Gokaiger Suits, Footage, and Content (Zords, Weapons..etc). There is no confirmation on the actual usage.
3. Super Megaforce will concentrate on Gokaiger footage over Goseiger footage
4. Super Megaforce will have a Silver Ranger. There is no confirmation on whether this is Gokai Silver or an original Ranger. Based on Gokaiger footage usage, we will most likely see Gokai Silver.
5. Ranger Keys will be used in Super Megaforce. There is no confirmation on the usage. Gokai Silver and/or the Gokai Suits will probably use the keys to match footage.

This is so contradictory and confusing that I have no idea what to think anymore.

Top Bottom