• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

isny

napkin dispenser
Hmmm, this actually looks more interesting than the one being released over here in North America.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14494&mode=retail

BAN14494.jpg

BAN14494.jpg

New one that was linked earlier in the thread...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18968296

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So from what I'm reading, Mega Red's bad acting is not normal for Power Rangers? I just assumed that bad acting came with the Power Rangers territory.

I have been watching MegaForce after missing out on Samurai. It's weird, it has elements appealing to people that saw the old shows but it's also trying to be new.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So from what I'm reading, Mega Red's bad acting is not normal for Power Rangers? I just assumed that bad acting came with the Power Rangers territory.

I have been watching MegaForce after missing out on Samurai. It's weird, it has elements appealing to people that saw the old shows but it's also trying to be new.

the acting has never been that bad. cole and carter were the worst reds in the past(not counting jayden) and his acting is worse than anything weve seen. hes really set the bar low.

actually i take that back. carters acting wasnt bad, he was just boring as shit

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What was your take away from Kabuto, Birdie?
Pretty good. Up there with OOO and W with me, above Fourze, Den-O, and Kiva I'd say. Those are the ones I've watched, btw.

Well, Tendou was awesome...I saw people describe him as "invincible" and "flawless", but I thought he was cool and didn't seem any cheaper than the other main Riders, really. I kind of thought a part of his character was that he acted cooler than he really was, which was done on purpose since he mentions in the final episode that the world wouldn't change unless you changed it yourself, which is why he put up a front to try and inspire others. It's hard to articulate what I mean exactly, but he was definitely a cool dude I felt I was able to identity with despite his superiority complex.

Kagami was equally awesome, and made a great Second Rider. Very nice development all around, and I liked his and Tendou's relationship, the best Rider/Second Rider relationship I've seen personally next to Ryoutaro and Yuuto.

Fight scenes were cool with CLOCK UP, but a bit plain since I started with the later series where they had tons of different moves and forms, music was nice especially Full Force, but it always seemed to cut off too early into the fight. I liked the designs of the monsters, especially the Mook Worms and how they'd always sidle into the frame when a fight broke out.

The main problem I had was the plot, because, while I feel it did make sense for the most part and there wasn't any major plot-holes I couldn't think of a decent explanation for, it got really unfocused around the middle and schizophrenic, with too many plots going on at once which kind of annoyed me. It sucked because the first bit, where they basically would introduce the Riders one-by-one and focus on them, fell apart with Tsurugi since after his introduction they didn't really follow up on him right away and instead awkwardly carried out his plot throughout the show. The weird jump between who was the villain at the end was also a bit annoying (who were those twin dudes exactly?), and, like Kiva, I disliked how it didn't even attempt to explore the fact they were genociding another race and didn't even attempt peace or anything, like how in Kiva the "not all Fangire are bad!" was basically ignored mostly. At the very least, unlike Den-O (which I found...confusing), it kept me watching multiple episodes at a time.

Oh, and the Hopper Brothers...what the fuck? Yaguruma and Kageyama were cool characters early on, and at first, when Yaguruma appeared and beat up some worms un-henshined, I thought they'd end up being even cooler...but then they just acted silly the rest of the time, and then the final scene...uh? Such a weird, pointless plot. The Hopper Brother Suits were cool, though.

Never posted in this thread before but wanted to share an artbook I got recently Zangyack Works Log. Pretty good lots of more designs in it about 50 or so in there and some unused designs. Hard to get pictures of this as I kept getting glare.

gobuster gokaiger movie is pretty fun. I dont remember gekired ever having any kind of sword though.

Gotta love how fixing buddyroid is just scientists running around with ethernet cables :p

It's been awhile... what was the source of the energy from gobusters? The matrix glow thing.

And why put the AI in the vaccine system :/ Weirdos

I gotta love how the 'ultimate power of the universe' is just w/e mecha suits we have in the closet (besides the new daizyujin!). lame it didn't do its finisher. require too much money to redue the finisher, lame substitute? Still some good megazord fanservice. I kinda expected Uncle to put up a bigger fight in the end though.

Ending is great though. Chicken Curry :p

WillyFive

The Zangyack were entertaining and fun anytime they were onscreen, that makes them great for me. They are like Bowser in the Mario RPG games.

gobuster gokaiger movie is pretty fun. I dont remember gekired ever having any kind of sword though.

Gekisabers!

Gotta love how fixing buddyroid is just scientists running around with ethernet cables :p

It's been awhile... what was the source of the energy from gobusters? The matrix glow thing.

Enetron. The writers forgot about it too.

And why put the AI in the vaccine system :/ Weirdos

They were probably going to explain it, but decided to handwave it away by saying "no one's perfect, imperfections are good."

Anyway:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's a shame they don't do stunt actors that match the actor's build. The last one that did it was Kiranger, iirc.

Enetron. The writers forgot about it too.

Just because it's not mentioned doesn't mean it's forgotten. If anything I would find it more appalling if Enetron is shown repeatedly just to appease people with short attention spans. Hell, J always has Enetron cans with him.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kyoryuger is setting so much stuff up for the future. Daigo's father, the eventual 10 rangers, Deboss having a corrupted looking version of the 6th's battery, Ian's friend actually being killed by Aigaron and not that MOTW. I hope this show delivers.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Kyoryu Pink didn't do the little dance when transforming on her first solo transformation. She only does it (and poorly) when there's other people around, dancing with her.

I told you she couldn't dance. :D

Edit: she does dance later, but you know... she could've danced both times.. :D

Edit2: Except we can't really see HER dancing, only her legs. I call Dance Double!

Slayven

Kyoryu Pink didn't do the little dance when transforming on her first solo transformation. She only does it (and poorly) when there's other people around, dancing with her.

Edit2: Except we can't really see HER dancing, only her legs. I call Dance Double!

It is the weirdest thing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

there probably is a dance double

Go buster is a cool show with a neat setup. Kinda boring cast but they grow on ya. Really love the suits and visuals. Easily the best mech love in the series in terms of design, combat, and little details like they have limited amount of energy.

I liked it more than shinkenger at the very least.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The fights are good and the music is great. Everything else is meh. Though the past like 6 episodes have actually become interesting outside of those 2 things.

The thing about Wizard I do like is what Beast brings to the table. Dude is weird with the mayo & funny. I like his design & motifs.

I try to give a shot on many occasion but it's just a big meh.

idk Beast is actually a cool dude with a cool grandma. I do wish his fight scenes were better. seems like there is some trouble with movement in that suit.

I'm still hoping Wizard gets a good arc when he gets his final form... but yeah... not really seeing it. I feel like wizard would have worked out better if it was a mature show. It does feel like Garo at times.

At the very least wizard probably has the best choreographed fights in KR history from recent memory.

Wiseblade

To me he feels like nothing more than a poor man's Shinken Gold.

No way, Genta was much more coherent.

EDIT: I'm kind of fine with Haruto being the stoic, unchanging hero with great fight scenes so far. He's not unlikeable or screen poison and the supporting cast is interesting enough to pick up the slack.

Beast/Mayonnaise is the only character in Wizard I like. The rest of the heroes and villains are unlikeable. They really could have done something with Phoenix, and they dumped him for Medusa and Gremlin.

Also, Wizard made the Kamen Rider Girls cool for the first time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJsDgJ3yFYI

No way, Genta was much more coherent.

No, that wasn't a knock on Genta. I loved Genta. It's like they were trying to replicate him but he has none of the qualities that made Genta really cool.

Wiseblade

So Lovefilm (a competitor to Netflix in the UK) Just added every Power Ranger season (Except Megaforce, natch) to their instant streaming Library. So I decided to watch...

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The only PR seasons I haven't seen at this point are SPD, Operation Overdrive, Mystic Force and Jungle Fury. I've already watched all of Gekiranger so JF's out, and the two episodes I watched of OO told me to stay well clear of that. The one episode of MF I watched had one of the rangers turning into a vampire, which violates one of my rules. I still can't decide between SPD and Dekaranger, so I decided to go for something COMPLETELY different.

Top Bottom