• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Ultraman didn't get a lot of discussion here, but here's the supposedly new one.

http://i.imgur.com/Bgve7vL.jpg (shit quality though)

Ultraman Ginga.

So many shows I'm drowning in them.

Yep - New Ultra series, a comic sequel to the original Ultraman and another entry in the Ultra Q series. It's a good time to be an Ultra fan.

Apparently Ginga is a proper 30-minute show, and not just a bunch of shorts like Zero Fight. Hype levels steadily rising - I'm suspicious about the high school setting, though.

been wondering, outside of toku, any other tv shows have decent choreographed hand to hand fights?

Human Target and Person of Interest are two shows I can think of.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just started watching OOO. Two episodes in, not entirely sure about it so far, but I'll stick with it. I've liked what I've seen of Eiji and Ankh from the movies I've seen, so I'm sure it'll pick up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just started watching OOO. Two episodes in, not entirely sure about it so far, but I'll stick with it. I've liked what I've seen of Eiji and Ankh from the movies I've seen, so I'm sure it'll pick up.

It has slow beginning and middle, but really picks up in the End Game.

And the Eiji + Ankh plot totally pays off.

Still my favorite Hesei Series.

really loving the OST of new garo. Ryuga is also quite a likeable character unlike Kouga who was barely anything. Reminds me of DMC3 dante.

Should be fun!

Wiseblade

It looks like someone just wrote the order down wrong and couldn't be bothered to fix it because nobody would notice anyway. I mean, how many Rider fans were watching the adaptations after they saw the giant furby?

It looks like someone just wrote the order down wrong and couldn't be bothered to fix it because nobody would notice anyway. I mean, how many Rider fans were watching the adaptations after they saw the giant furby?

I guess I could be considered a fan when it was airing (I mean, I saw a little bit of Black as a kid, and it seemed cool) and I watched the whole run. All of it. I thought it was going to get better, I really did. It's just one of those things that I could never really understand as a kid; how were they able to make something as good as the crossover episode in 'Power Rangers', only to turn around and make something like 'Masked Rider'?

WillyFive

You guys should read Ishinomori's Kamen Rider Black manga. It's like the TV show, except if it had protagonists instead of a guest-of-the-week.

WillyFive

Does it have GOLGOM PLOT? Because it can't be Black without GOLGOM PLOT.

tumblr_mjgj76lw141qes28go1_400.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I decided to watch Super Hero Taisen (the first one) this lazy sunday and the movie is pretty good, even taking into consideration that I don't know shit about the Sentai and Kamen Rider series they focused the movie on.

Here's some snap judgements on the series that held my attention throughout most of the movie:

• I kinda want to watch Go-Buster now. I like the technology (I really should say non-magic-powers)-driven sentais and the characters look pretty likeable.
  • The movie made me wish I could stand the Gokaiger characters, because a pirate-based sentai sounds pretty awesome, but that wasn't the case. (Just made me want to play Skies of Arcadia, actually).
  • Kamen Rider OOO doesn't look appealing at all. Are those brother Riders from OOO? They looked kinda stupid.
  • Fourze looks interesting, but I don't think I could let go of the High-School funny theme. Is his thing rockets and space? If so, maybe I should try anyway.
  • Decade looks like a jerk. Diend looks interesting, but the whole Decade series sounds fishy to me. Not counting that the suits look stupid. People also dissed it in this thread I think. Maybe I should watch it, since it sorta looks like a Kamen Rider catch-all.

Two things I found interesting as well:

Dekaranger were in their fully powered mode briefly during the fight. I don't even remember what it was called and I always though it looked stupid, but I guess they saved those add-ons along with the clothes in some warehouse somewhere.

During the movie, I kept noticing that Black and Black RX, the only actual Rider series I watched back in the 90's (not counting Faiz during Internet-times) weren't really represented that much at all, other than Shadow Black (the bad guy) being prominent in every villain group-background shot.

...and then we had a Black/Black RX/Shadow Moon line exchange/focused battle for like 5 seconds in the middle of the big fight. That was pretty cool.

Long story short, I wish Kyoryuger episode 9 would come out already.

Edit: also:

I'd say RX is inferior to Black anyway

From what I can remember from my 90's life, I agree. But I could be wrong, I haven't watched them in literally decades.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You can't really judge the Gokaiger characters from SHT. What they show in that movie is hardly how they act at all. I mean yeah Joe does cry in the series but he's not constantly wallowing. I guess Gai acts similar, I guess.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You can't really judge the Gokaiger characters from SHT. What they show in that movie is hardly how they act at all. I mean yeah Joe does cry in the series but he's not constantly wallowing. I guess Gai acts similar, I guess.

Joe and Marvelous are Ok, I'm mostly talking about the blonde dude and that wacky dude that wanted to shake hands with everybody and hug everybody at the end. What the fuck was that.

WillyFive

I decided to watch Super Hero Taisen (the first one) this lazy sunday and the movie is pretty good, even taking into consideration that I don't know shit about the Sentai and Kamen Rider series they focused the movie on.

Here's some snap judgements on the series that held my attention throughout most of the movie:

• I kinda want to watch Go-Buster now. I like the technology (I really should say non-magic-powers)-driven sentais and the characters look pretty likeable.
  • The movie made me wish I could stand the Gokaiger characters, because a pirate-based sentai sounds pretty awesome, but that wasn't the case. (Just made me want to play Skies of Arcadia, actually).

Now this is interesting. Almost everyone that watched both of the shows will say the exact opposite of this (except Doggie :p), and almost all of them universally hated Superhero Taisen. Just shows how out-of-character everyone in the movie was.

You should definitely watch both of them though; Go-Busters has some great characters that come in later in the show (after Superhero Taisen), and Gokaiger is just pure distilled awesome throughout the entire run of the show.

I would also recommend Fourze, it was a great show with a really good story and likable characters. It's a big change from usual Kamen Rider, but it's actually a 40th anniversary celebration of it and chuck full of fanservice because of it.

Also, the blond dude and the wacky dude? They were supposed to be a doctor and a die-hard Super Sentai fan, "wacky dude" and "blond guy" is apparently all the director of SHT could figure out from them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wut, I love GoBusters but absolutely detest SHT :p

Speaking of which prepare to be disappointed Metal Heroes fans. They're gonna pull off OOO in SHTZ.
You know how they transform into OOO forms, only to use the Gokai Galleon Buster? Yeah it's that.

Also SHT reads like shit

Watch Da Birdie

Ryuki was kind of a slow start at first, with the weird camera angles and SFX, but I'm really starting to love it now in the final parts...the relationships between the Riders are top notch and all of them, especially Zolda, Ouja, Tiger, and the one who throws up the Devil Horns when Henshin-ing, are pretty great.

And I find Reiko to be pretty cute.

So, next I'm thinking of watching Blade, because I like the design of the character plus his Duel Disk looking card-holder. What's the opinion on that series?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ryuki was kind of a slow start at first, with the weird camera angles and SFX, but I'm really starting to love it now in the final parts...the relationships between the Riders are top notch and all of them, especially Zolda, Ouja, Tiger, and the one who throws up the Devil Horns when Henshin-ing, are pretty great.

And I find Reiko to be pretty cute.

So, next I'm thinking of watching Blade, because I like the design of the character plus his Duel Disk looking card-holder. What's the opinion on that series?

Blade is AMAZING. Absolutely the best ending of any Rider series I've watched. It was really refreshing after 555's shit non-ending.

Watch Da Birdie

Blade is AMAZING. Absolutely the best ending of any Rider series I've watched. It was really refreshing after 555's shit non-ending.

Cool. And incidentally, it was either Blade or 555 I was deciding on next. Is all of 555 that bad? I really like the design of the Faiz Suit.

My Marathon of the Hesei Era Kamen Rider is going pretty swell, when I first started watching Fourze, I thought I'd get bored of the series, but, damn, the last five months I've been watching Kamen Rider more or less every day. All I have left is Blade, 555, Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki, and then...DECADE. :0 Well, and Wizard when it finishes.

Tenumi

Banned
Man, I really need to get back to watching Go-Busters. I took an interest in the style during the Gokaiger vs Gavan movie. Something about the special, trained forces look to them drew me in. The last episode I watched was
the first episode that they form Great Go-Buster
. Hopefully I have the best still ahead of me.

...Though it is kinda distracting watching Go-Busters, Akibaranger s2, Kyouryuger, and Power Rangers RPM at the same time...

Top Bottom