• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

jwk94

RRdjbyG.jpg

Super MegaForce has a lot of hype to live up to!

super megaforce is gonna have tons of new footage eh?

Koyomi really should have been developed more... or any at all lol. Love how his new form's ability is that it negates the mon of the week's ability lol.

Which 'final form eps' has been y'all's favorite? Really liked W's.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finished Ryuki. Still not sure what I think about the ending. Well, the first part of the Ending was pretty neat...especially with Asakura...but then the final twist, well, that's two shows I've watched in the last week with the same type of ending.

Now watching Blade. First three episodes have been pretty crazy, a lot of shit happening so fast, like already three Riders, the main guy being betrayed by his friend, the headquarters being destroyed, I kind of hope it slows down a bit soon so I can get to know the characters more.

Also I found this:

zFLNxw6l.jpg

Man, TVTropes was right for once, that scene with Garren behind the wall does pop up everywhere.

WillyFive

GokaiSilver in Super Megaforce looks just as MMPR S2 as I though it was going to be. Can't wait to see who's playing him.

Which 'final form eps' has been y'all's favorite? Really liked W's.

The Fourze one was great, one of my favorite Rider songs and just a really great moment in the story.

I can't recognize the one riding Axew-cycle

I believe that's supposed to be Glaive. No idea what Pokemon the rider's referencing, though.

Scratch that, it's Lance. And I think the palette is Tepig, maybe?

I think that using Lance in that pic is the weirdest part of it; he didn't even get to do much in that movie.

WillyFive

New game

Attack of the Friday Monsters: A Tokyo Tale

afmscreen02.jpg
afmscreen01.jpg

A new Nintendo/Level 5 game from creator Kaz Ayabe, you're a boy who is growing up in a town that is attacked by giant monsters every Friday. Exclusive to Nintendo 3DS eShop.

Disappointed that infinity looks like a one trick pony. Fourze is neat cuz his final form can utilize switches but wizard w and ooo can't use their gimmicks with their final forms, which really hampers the fights IMO.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Disappointed that infinity looks like a one trick pony. Fourze is neat cuz his final form can utilize switches but wizard w and ooo can't use their gimmicks with their final forms, which really hampers the fights IMO.

Did OOO really have a "final form" though?

I mean, he pretty much switched around using each True Combo, even when obtaining PuToTyranno. I thought they handled OOO's Forms pretty good.

I consider his true final form to be TaJaDor, personally

wait so super megaforce is gonna be gokai with gosei suits + gokai silver??

meh no dairanger is gonna be ass.

Goseiger suits are the primary, but they're using Gokaiger suits as a power up form. Dunno how much actual use the Goesi suits will see or if it'll just be a step to the Gokaiger morph, though we've seen some set stuff of them fighting.

WillyFive

I imagine it will be as awkward as the Ninnja suits in MMPR S3; where they couldn't decide which one to use, because really it was all irrelevant.

Kyoryuger 09

I really appreciate all the work the writers are putting into the backstory of each character; really tossing up character interactions into many different levels. It's great seeing the team mentor have such an active role in the story and fights, especially after Kurorin did nothing but sit on his desk all year.

Wizard 31

When I first saw Wizard's suit, I thought he looked like a monk from the Middle Ages, since he had a bald spot at the back of his helmet. But now Infinity makes him entirely bald, he looks even more like a monk now. Also, I like how Toei is experimenting with motion tracking effects, like with the Infinity henshin. It's a cool technique that is a good step up from the usual Flash animation/rotoscoping effects.

...and that's all I can say about the entire Wizard show, really; since the story, characters, and such are all lame. Only interesting part this past episode story-wise was that the White Wizard actually didn't like that Haruto powered up, implying he might be an Evil Rider.

Also, cool fan art:

Slayven

My only issue with Kyoryuger, is the generals are hardly a threat. They are just strong enough not to be taken out. But I think that is the point, I think Chaos has some crazy shit up his sleeve and when it comes time those chumps are done.

I imagine it will be as awkward as the Ninnja suits in MMPR S3; where they couldn't decide which one to use, because really it was all irrelevant.

At least with MMPR3 the Ninjetti stuff had a clear place as the replacement for the unmorphed Putty fights from the preceding two series. This is just going to be some weird extra layer on top of the Gokaiger/Gokai-change fight dynamic.

vareon

Garo is much better than S2. Lots of cast to play with, a much more interesting heroine that actually does something instead of painting for the whole season, and the enemies aren't simple monsters with no personality anymore. It's a shame that it looked like they go full CG for suit battles now.

Slayven

Garo is much better than S2. Lots of cast to play with, a much more interesting heroine that actually does something instead of painting for the whole season, and the enemies aren't simple monsters with no personality anymore. It's a shame that it looked like they go full CG for suit battles now.

I think the Garo armor looks better tarnished. I want to see a high ranking cathead armor.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gameplay looks solid but I still hate the CGI.

Also yes, put Kuuga away as though he isn't a milestone show, nice work there Bamco :p

Have to say that's a pretty funny way of casting. "Guys, did anyone see Austin St. John?"

Considering he hasn't acted in the decade since the bit in Forever Red, is working as a (paramedic?) now and is likely off the radar, they've probably exhausted the usual channels and are now throwing that out to see if they can get any leads on finding him.

It is kinda funny when you put it like that though, yeah.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
But Trini passed away :/

Edit: I messed some names up, lemme re-write:

I'm sure they already contacted Jason David Frank, he's constantly asking about going back to the show.
They're actually looking for Austin St. John, the "Red Ranger"? He was still into fighting, wasn't he? Didn't he have a Dojo of some sort? I don't know why, but I have this memory of him being into DJing or being some DJ Executive-person.
I don't even know what happened to Walter Emanuel Jones (Black Ranger). He's a dance teacher, I believe? Maybe he would go back.
Doesn't David Yost (Blue Ranger) "hates" Jason David Frank (Green Ranger), because he would bully him about him being Gay? I'd say the chances of him going back are pretty slim. I guess it was mostly the set crew
Amy Jo is an actress that currently is working on Movies and TV Shows, I don't think she would go back to Power Rangers. Add in the fact that the other Female Ranger is no longer with us...

With that in mind, I'd be surprised if they got anybody other than Jason (Green) and Austin (Red), as Walter (Black) never really had that much of a story impact, David (Blue) has his issues with Jason (Gay Bullying thing), Amy (Pink) (I believe) wouldn't go that low in her career and Yellow is no longer with us.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't know where you got all that from, except for the last part. Tommy is super banking on nostalgia for money/furthering his horrendous MMA career.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Amy Jo wouldn't come back, the dude that played Jason is a DJ or some sort of Executive now, and Billy hates Austin St. John. He's the only dude that has the fighting background and wants to profit on nostalgia.

I didn't know billy hated Austin st john. I thought he was still cool with him.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't know where you got all that from, except for the last part. Tommy is super banking on nostalgia for money/furthering his horrendous MMA career.

Oh wait, Austin St. John is "The Red Ranger"

I'm totally mixing shit up. I'm sorry. I re-wrote my original post.

The fact that Austin played a character named Jason and Jason plays a character named Tommy always screwed me up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You confused some stuff.

Austin St. John is a medic now iirc. Dunno about the others. And I thought Billy was cool with most of the cast - it's the stage crew he has issues with.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You confused some stuff.

Austin St. John is a medic now iirc. Dunno about the others. And I thought Billy was cool with most of the cast - it's the stage crew he has issues with.

"He is currently working as an emergency medical technician and firefighter in Washington, D.C." According to Wikipedia - I always though he had some ties with DJing or Party Thing. Weird.

Billy (David) didn't have issues with Tommy (Jason) directly? What about that behind the scenes video where Tommy (Jason) actively makes fun of Billy (David) for being gay?

Most of my confusion comes because when I'm talking about "Jason", I'm talking about the Red Ranger, while most people are talking about the Green Ranger. :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, if they ever had real issues they've buried the hatchet. There's plenty of recent videos of them at cons together being as friendly as can be.

Top Bottom