• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

drizzle

Axel Hertz
One of the first articles I read online showed a video of David being heckled by Jason, to the point that David actually changed his mood once Jason entered the set. Jason also immediately started making fun of David.

After a while, David came forward in many articles and said that he quit the show because he was being mistreated and bullied. Since I've never actually read any of those articles, I figured it was mostly because of Jason.

If that's not the case, hell, then they might get everybody. However, I still doubt Amy Jo would do it.

I watched the first episode of Megaforce. I liked the character's enthusiasm but everyone talks like they're reading their lines sarcastically. I hope the actors come into their own later in the season.

Tenumi

Banned
I watched the first episode of Megaforce. I liked the character's enthusiasm but everyone talks like they're reading their lines sarcastically. I hope the actors come into their own later in the season.

Black and Yellow have been quite a bit better since the first episode, and Blue is alright as well. Red and Pink really need to improve still, though.

magic horrors... gokaisilver is a pretty cool dude. The cg fights isn't even that bad.

Currently rewatching season 1 with my mom (she got curious when i was watching it before lol). The cast of this season is way more likeable than season 1... holy shit.

The cg is also really damn impressive for a tv show. A bit silly that of course, glasses guy is a bow guy. And not really sure about the makai priest lady. Seems kinda just the sexpot because.

Is she some akb 48 idol or something? Gives off that vibe.

WillyFive

Ha ha, this show:

904627_397891776984613_1476086975_o.jpg

I remember that episode of Dairanger when he used that thing; one of the best. Akibaranger is legit.

"He is currently working as an emergency medical technician and firefighter in Washington, D.C." According to Wikipedia - I always though he had some ties with DJing or Party Thing. Weird.

Billy (David) didn't have issues with Tommy (Jason) directly? What about that behind the scenes video where Tommy (Jason) actively makes fun of Billy (David) for being gay?

Most of my confusion comes because when I'm talking about "Jason", I'm talking about the Red Ranger, while most people are talking about the Green Ranger. :D
Prepare to have your mind blown even more...

Austin St. John's real name is Jason Geiger.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
akiba was pretty good. i have a feeling things are gonna go bad for luna. or shes just a product of whatever the hell is going on. seeing kibaranger with the akiba logo on his chest seems like its gonna have some reprocussions.

WillyFive

Something has been bothering about the first two episodes of Akibaranger S2, and I figured it out. The show is unsettling; it's constantly messing up your mind, always making you unsure of what it is you're watching. It's constantly tricking you and challenging your own knowledge about Super Sentai (like when the new Blue said this was just like Ep 4 of Akiba, did she mean Dairanger, Akibaranger, or the in-show Akibaranger?), and just being really weird, such as with that effect that makes it seem like the video is skipping but just for the character's heads.

It's fan service and fan fiction taken into overdrive. But I ROFL'ed when Blue started talking about the directors (and when she got to Koichi Sakamoto).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Something has been bothering about the first two episodes of Akibaranger S2, and I figured it out. The show is unsettling; it's constantly messing up your mind, always making you unsure of what it is you're watching. It's constantly tricking you and challenging your own knowledge about Super Sentai (like when the new Blue said this was just like Ep 4 of Akiba, did she mean Dairanger, Akibaranger, or the in-show Akibaranger?), and just being really weird, such as with that effect that makes it seem like the video is skipping but just for the character's heads.

It's fan service and fan fiction taken into overdrive. But I ROFL'ed when Blue started talking about the directors (and when she got to Koichi Sakamoto).

i felt the same way about luna questioning the series. but i like it for that very same reason. and with the way the series went the last time, you just know that anything can happen.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The enemies could pass for Gorma.

Kinda interested in SHTZ just to see the current Rider and Sentai interact, unlike what they did in the last movie. If they continue to do these I hope they become just that, a crossover between the current Rider and Sentai, leave all the old people and Space Sheriffs out.

The enemies could pass for Gorma.

Rightfully so with the designs and the naming convention. I'm really loving how it's toying with everything. Honestly, I didn't think they'd ever bring up Chinaman of all things. I remember always using that factoid to goof with my friends and now here it is out in the open again. Also I shouldn't know that same song from Denjiman but goddamn it.. this show is making me feel too nerdy for my own good *lol*

Shout outs to Takenoko-tachi, who can't even get a catchphrase from the first Sentai they worked on right.

wqEopy7.png

This is a step up even from the princess/Precious fun.

Ripping your face off and turning it into a sword is something new.

and awesome!

Man it's funny how something in Garo are like cheesy then equally badass.

I'm really feeling Ryuuga as a character after this ep especially. I forgot that boobies is par the course for GARO.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm actually surprised there are people who still use TVN.

I guess they wanted hardsubs for watching outside PC? But haven't they heard of Handbrake?

Tenumi

Banned
I'm actually surprised there are people who still use TVN.

I guess they wanted hardsubs for watching outside PC? But haven't they heard of Handbrake?

Being relatively new to the Toku scene, I had the fun recently of figuring what groups to trust and which to skip. Once I read up a bit on their "style", it wasn't hard to make a decision to skip them.

I'm going to be starting Garo: The One Who Shines in the Darkness soon. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. It should be a good change of pace from the comically non-seriousness that is Kyouryuger and Akibaranger.

Slayven

I not going to lie TV-N had me thinking some shit COULD not be translated into English. That why I give them a hard time. That and kingranger was a dick.

Slayven

"I like learning bits of Japanese while I watch these shows."

"I like the effects on the subtitles."

"Groups like O-T change things too much. I want what's actually being said, not someone's interpretation of it."
Silly folks. OT wins just by Jim Rossing the gobusters wrestling episode.

idk, i still use tvn cuz stupid 10bit works on like zero media box thing.

And I like their fun effects lol.

But i usually just use overtime because they are quick about it.

Boss Doggie

It's funny because TVN translators aren't even good at Japanese from what I heard and can't into English well.

WillyFive

Tv-N was the best circa 2004 when there literally was no Sentai in real English outside the Dynaman parody dub; but man its amazing they lasted this long. Their strategy of making formats anyone could play and stream was foolproof, and even now O-T has a hard time penetrating that market (some uploaders still replace their OT uploads when TV-N comes out because "its in HD").

Also, I saw #1 of Garo S3. Surprised to see the suit being CGI and it lasting so little time. Having never seen any Garo, is that common?

Tv-N was the best circa 2004 when there literally was no Sentai in real English outside the Dynaman parody dub; but man its amazing they lasted this long. Their strategy of making formats anyone could play and stream was foolproof, and even now O-T has a hard time penetrating that market (some uploaders still replace their OT uploads when TV-N comes out because "its in HD").

Also, I saw #1 of Garo S3. Surprised to see the suit being CGI and it lasting so little time. Having never seen any Garo, is that common?

Garo's suit usually appears for a small portion of fights (it does have a time limit of 99.9 seconds, so its usually used as a finisher).

For close up shots it was mostly real suit and crazy action shots were done in cg, so that's probably why people are surprised that it seems to be 100% cg this season.

Boss Doggie

oh god I can't comprehend

Top Bottom