• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I can't wait!

tumblr_mlk8ucHj2b1r015fwo1_1280.jpg

oh my fucking god. i cant wait

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't know what to think of Blade so far.

It's going by fast, at episode 15, but the plot just isn't doing anything for me (too many plot points all at once without decent set up), and Kanzaki and Tachibana are just plain. Hajime's plot is the thing keeping me watching.

There's a writer switch halfway through, right? Maybe it picks up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It's going by fast, at episode 15, but the plot just isn't doing anything for me (too many plot points all at once without decent set up), and Kanzaki and Tachibana are just plain. Hajime's plot is the thing keeping me watching.

It picks up sooner than that. Episode 17 is generally agreed upon as where Blade gets REALLY good, so you're right at that point. Keep going!

fmpanda

It picks up pretty good once the bromance between Hajime and Kenzaki really gets going, you just have to put up with Mutsuki waddling around for a bit trying to be a baddie. He was even does the fedora thing too.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Good to hear it gets better.

Kenzaki is, like, the most boring Rider at this point...the only "character" to him so far is "NOW I HAVE FRIENDS!"

Kurita

Watched the first episode of the new Garo. Know nothing about this series but it was pretty cool.
Seeing Gokai Silver and Otomo Kohei at the end of the episode was surprising :lol

people that haven't watched garo should drop other sentai stuff and go watch garo right now.

While the cg budget is pretty meh for season 1, some really great set pieces and top notch fight choreography.

goodie stuff.

Tenumi

Banned
I've got to say, while its only his first episode, I'm not really sure how I feel about Kyoryu Gold. He feels kind of out of place to me. I suppose it might lessen later on, or maybe they take that an run with it, I don't know. And I still don't like the suits, but the second shoulder piece looks a little better to me than the rest of the suits.

Started the new Garo as well. I greatly enjoyed it, and am looking forward to watching that every week.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The suit is pretty bad at the backside, I agree.

Also I kinda hate the "ojou" treatment for Pink. It's really pointing out the "sexism" article back then.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Man, I don't know. I don't like Kyoryu Gold right now. He's supposed to be the badass member, but his attacks are all kinda stupid. What is up with those small insectoid wings on his back? Most of his attacks and his helmet looks straight out of Gatchaman (G-Force for the US crowd). And I always hated G-Force, so maybe that's it.

Also, I'm never not going to make this comparison, but he got NOTHING on Deka Master! (nobody ever will). I'm not saying this out of the blue. I got a small DekaMaster feeling out of him when he was brandishing his sword around and he's from the Tokugawa era for god's sake, but Dekamaster seemed a better swordsman. Dekagold just relies on bullshit special effects and lighting bolts and likes to fly around, while Deka Master special attack was just being awesome and killing 100 enemies at once...

I hope his character is further developed during the series and doesn't turn out to be a "I'm better than everybody please don't disturb me while I use all of my special attacks on these enemies and empty out all my batteries". This has to eventually be a plot point, right? A Kyoryuger can't keep fighting/call his Zyuden Dino Friend because he has ran out of batteries.

Mustachioed King is a clear winner, though.

Edit: I've been thinking. Were KyoryuGold and KyoryuCyan Solo Kyoryugers in their respective eras? powerrangers.wikia says Utsusemimaru was chosen as a Kyoruyger 400 years ago, while Ramirez was 500 years ago. I wonder if they didn't have a crew.

And Dyna Black, and Mad Garren in Juspion and is a DAMN good stuntman to boot!

I'm sorry, WHAT? Damn, it's true. Mad Gallant had such a nice armor in Juspion. It was also made out of Metallex, but I don't remember why or how that's possible. I really need to re-watch Juspion...

I'm sorry, WHAT? Damn, it's true. Mad Gallant had such a nice armor in Juspion. It was also made out of Metallex, but I don't remember why or how that's possible. I really need to re-watch Juspion...

Yknow, I don't even know why I said Garren, I'm not from Brazil at all! *lol* But as it is, yes, Jun'ichi Haruta played some good roles and did some fantastic stunts. I wish he had done more during his prime. Some of his best stuff is in Goggle V/Dynaman, hands down.

Edit: I've been thinking. Were KyoryuGold and KyoryuCyan Solo Kyoryugers in their respective eras? powerrangers.wikia says Utsusemimaru was chosen as a Kyoruyger 400 years ago, while Ramirez was 500 years ago. I wonder if they didn't have a crew.

Yeah, Ramirez mentions in his episodes that it's nice to see a team together and that he's jealous..

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yknow, I don't even know why I said Garren, I'm not from Brazil at all! *lol* But as it is, yes, Jun'ichi Haruta played some good roles and did some fantastic stunts. I wish he had done more during his prime. Some of his best stuff is in Goggle V/Dynaman, hands down.

I'm from Brazil and the dubs always call him McGaren (with one R). Imagine my surprise when I discovered that his actual name is Mad Gallant... :D

Yeah, Ramirez mentions in his episodes that it's nice to see a team together and that he's jealous..

Interesting. I don't know why, I was under the impression that they were members of other groups and, in his particular case, they weren't that close together.

I guess if they're going to kill the DeBoss gang it would make sense for having more of them at once, since the DeBoss gang has been around for hundreds of years and the Kyoryugers didn't manage to finish them off, but they certainly will this time around...

Boss Doggie

No one can touch Doggie's level anyway. Even Marvelous isn't as marvelous compared to him.

Hey is the narrator/announcer of Kyoryuger the voice actor of Buggy the Clown from One Piece?

Shigeru Chiba? Yeah.

Honestly I thought his narration in Kyoryuger is... childish and irritating. I feel his talent isn't as amazing as his narration in Hokuto no Ken - as shown here. Now that's how you narrate - good thing Speedwagon follows such style.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think i might needa watch deka again. All I remember about that was there were a lot of bath scenes.

Yeah, I really hated Umeko. Kawaii Pinku Girlie Girl of the series, taking baths and talking about clothes. Yuck.

Jasmine was kickass though. She was an ESPer, you know?

She's also Nossan's sister in Kyoryuger. So double bonus for her.

Boss Doggie

Bath scenes and Doggie being coatless~

Oh and that was a rather dull Wizard ep

I can't stop laughing at this.

KnNfltk.jpg

Bike form is so stupid looking lol.

I always imagined that the throttle/handlebars that W holds onto are "fake" and the real ones are the ones Accel holds onto. I mean, even Nick wasn't this awkward!

Wizard does make you think, most riders are boring ass folks. And the civilian of the week is more important usually, while sentai is usually about the team.

Speaking of wizard, have any baddie even beaten dragon timer final form thing? Did wizard even need his super final form yet? :/

Top Bottom