• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

This past weekend in Toronto, I decided to do something completely random. I decided to walk the streets as Super Shinken Red, a costume I hadn't worn in a year. I think it turned out just as you expected. Kids and adults alike were psyched to see a random Power Ranger walking around, and my Japanese girlfriend was extremely surprised at the popularity. One guy who was driving even pulled down his window to ask which Super Sentai I was from. Even drivers were yelling, "Jayden! Yo Jayden, over here!" If only they knew that a black guy was under the costume...

Anyway, it was super fun, but the sweat after definitely isn't. :( I'd really like to meet more people with suits in Toronto.

jwk94

Wild Force Pink said she'd love to come back but can't talk about anything Super MegaForce yet. Maybe she accepted her invite? Some Operation Overdrive rangers got invited. Pink didn't.

This past weekend in Toronto, I decided to do something completely random. I decided to walk the streets as Super Shinken Red, a costume I hadn't worn in a year. I think it turned out just as you expected. Kids and adults alike were psyched to see a random Power Ranger walking around, and my Japanese girlfriend was extremely surprised at the popularity. One guy who was driving even pulled down his window to ask which Super Sentai I was from. Even drivers were yelling, "Jayden! Yo Jayden, over here!" If only they knew that a black guy was under the costume...

Anyway, it was super fun, but the sweat after definitely isn't. :( I'd really like to meet more people with suits in Toronto.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ShinYuuki/182223_450830671669464_1153093688_n.jpg
that's adorable!

Hope you remember/know how to do the poses!

Wild Force Pink said she'd love to come back but can't talk about anything Super MegaForce yet. Maybe she accepted her invite? Some Operation Overdrive rangers got invited. Pink didn't.

Tommy is pretty much confirmed correct?
would like to see Adam but I doubt Johnny Yong Bosch would return.

mr_tc

Of all the sentai I have seen so far, I think Deka has my favorite female focused episode.

ibzgg95rFMGQoq.gif

ibb5KQjoO4imBL.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Man, I'd love to watch Dekaranger, but I really don't like TV-N subs. Everything I've read and seen matches perfectly to the kind of shows I like.

In the meantime, I'm about 4 episodes from finishing Go-Busters, and Getting ready to watch what will be my 3rd (4th? Does Akibaranger count?) Sentai series. After much debating, I decided on:

data-top-jetman.jpg

Choujin Sentai Jetman

WillyFive

Yeah, it can be sad watching Dekaranger and having TV-N unable to decide what their roll calls should be. They kept changing it all the time.

And then they do stuff like this:

I know it was the first true Sentai sub ever, but dang.

And it's not like TV-N is getting better:

Don't tell me that's Liveman. That's not Liveman.

But yeah, Jetman is awesome.

vareon

That's a pretty cool costume! And yeah strolling around in a costume not in an event was pretty random lol. But hey, people liked it!

And it's fun to have people correctly recognize your costume. I wore Decade a few years ago and people kept calling me Power Rangers.

Figure I will just ask in here since Geek Gaf is pretty crowded.
has it been stated what happened to these alternate heads for the Akibaranger figures?
7r1KMxA3lSITeTkc2x_0Pw.jpg

Cancelled? hopefully not with the season 2 figures, I don't really want Super Red that much.

Hope you remember/know how to do the poses!

Haha, Shinken Red's poses are somewhat boring. I'll admit that I borrowed some of Shinken Blue's because I really like Ryuunosuke.

That's a pretty cool costume! And yeah strolling around in a costume not in an event was pretty random lol. But hey, people liked it!

And it's fun to have people correctly recognize your costume. I wore Decade a few years ago and people kept calling me Power Rangers.

Hahaha, can't be too surprised about that!

vareon

Figure I will just ask in here since Geek Gaf is pretty crowded.
has it been stated what happened to these alternate heads for the Akibaranger figures?
7r1KMxA3lSITeTkc2x_0Pw.jpg

Cancelled? hopefully not with the season 2 figures, I don't really want Super Red that much.

Not really cancelled, but it was never announced to begin with. Tamashii Nations like to put prototypes on their events without further news. So if there's no date/price printed on the cards it's just a prototype as far as we know. Same thing happened to a lot of figuarts, but there's a chance they might get released as a web exclusive.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, Doggie from Deka is like a furry idol...how do they feel about the animal dudes in Gekiranger?

I have to admit though, Gorrie Yen is a badass.

jwk94

Confirmed list of returning actors/actresses:

JDF (Tommy)
Danny Slavin (Leo)
Melody Perkins (Karone/Astronema)
Reggie Rolle (Damon)
Selwyn Ward (TJ)
Sean Johnson (Carter)
Hector David Jr (Mike from Samurai)
Brittay Pirtle (Emily from Samurai)
Jason Faunt (Wes)

There's one more, but Fury Diamond from Ranger Crew is waiting for confirmation about who it is. It's not clear whether these guys will only receive one scene or their own tribute episodes. I'm hoping for the latter. I'm guessing that one scene will be the de-morph at the end of the Legend War though.

JDF (Tommy)
Danny Slavin (Leo)
Reggie Rolle (Damon)
Selwyn Ward (TJ)
Sean Johnson (Carter)
Jason Faunt (Wes)

There's one more, but Fury Diamond from Ranger Crew is waiting for confirmation about who it is. It's not clear whether these guys will only receive one scene or their own tribute episodes. I'm hoping for the latter. I'm guessing that one scene will be the de-morph at the end of the Legend War though.
All of those suck except for Tommy and Wes. Terrible

jwk94

This has already been addressed to a certain degree but Steven Skyler (Gold Samurai Ranger) was contacted but hasn't decided if he's going or not.

Kyoryuger is up
- "That 'joke' was so bad, it didn't even sting!" gotta say I actually laughed at this. That's probably the best Nossan moment we've had all season.
- What' Luckyero's purpose other than enlarging the monsters? He hasn't made any monsters that I can recall. It looks like the lil guy just tags along with whomever is the general of the week.
- Did we know that Amy was still in College?
- The CG tears are annoying. I'm sure they could find a way to cry on the spot if needed.
- Souji and Ryusei shut down girls like nobody's business.

Not really cancelled, but it was never announced to begin with. Tamashii Nations like to put prototypes on their events without further news. So if there's no date/price printed on the cards it's just a prototype as far as we know. Same thing happened to a lot of figuarts, but there's a chance they might get released as a web exclusive.
Thanks.

Dairanger ep 6

Oh no Rin's in China guys! Hey let's get on jeep within a few minutes. Ahaha I love this stuff
I like the character development they have going on so far.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Of all the sentai I have seen so far, I think Deka has my favorite female focused episode.

Which episode is that again? I remember it being pretty awesome, but don't remember much else.
I should re-watch it.

The fact that I watched like half of Deka and then didn't watch anything for like a year kinda made my memories of it a bit fuzzy.

Only guy I kinda remember in lightspeed rescue was the cowboy pilot guy and the hot scientist.

And was it just me or was super train megazord like one of the coolest shit ever? That shot of the trains flying over or was it under a commercial jet was really aw struck moment.

Same with dekabase transforming (definitely some homage to macross here).

Sentai really does needa get back to oversized carrier megazords.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Which episode is that again? I remember it being pretty awesome, but don't remember much else.
I should re-watch it.

The fact that I watched like half of Deka and then didn't watch anything for like a year kinda made my memories of it a bit fuzzy.

That's episode 39, btw.

Man, I really like Jasmine and I really hate Umeko... :D

isny

napkin dispenser
Finally arrived!

The build quality is amazing. I'm very impressed. It also plays the MMPR theme music, hrngh

My collection now! All I need to do now is get a dragon coin...anyone know of anywhere to get one besides ebay?

Finally arrived!
The build quality is amazing. I'm very impressed. It also plays the MMPR theme music, hrngh

Man, super tempted to order one of these but after shipping from the US it ends up around $30 more than my Decadriver was.

Suppose it'd be worth the ~$77 just to get one before they disappear again and head over $100 on eBay.

isny

napkin dispenser
Man, super tempted to order one of these but after shipping from the US it ends up around $30 more than my Decadriver was.

Suppose it'd be worth the ~$77 just to get one before they disappear again and head over $100 on eBay.

That's what I paid shipped from TRU.com. Worth every penny. I'm very impressed at how heavy and durable it is.

GManDH

so now ive seen W, OOO, and fourze. im getting more toku to watch. can anyone confirm that KRDL has the best subs from sentai as well as KR?

MisterHero

JDF (Tommy)
Danny Slavin (Leo)
Reggie Rolle (Damon)
Selwyn Ward (TJ)
Sean Johnson (Carter)
Jason Faunt (Wes)

Tame list so far. Karone had a good character arc, so it's nice to see her again. Hoping they can get Austin St. John though.

Lightspeed Rescue was a bland season, but they didn't have unmorphed powers. That makes them okay in my book.

Top Bottom