• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

vareon

Well spoilers be damned.

5kTQ7Xd.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I REALLY liked Wizard's design when I first saw it. IT was like Kamen Magiranger.

everything else in the show has been total garbage.

vareon

Why are people mad about her being Mage? Sorry, I haven't watched Wizard so I have no clue who she is.

Nobody is mad, just kind of meh since it's the design of a generic mass-produced Rider of the show, kinda like Riotroopers. I think everyone is secretly hoping for a female design, but without any advertisements of it prior to this episode there's little chance anyway.

jwk94

So I started watching Operation Overdrive. It's not as bad as I thought it was. Rose is my favorite ranger and she's definitely better than her bland sentai counterpart.

Nobody is mad, just kind of meh since it's the design of a generic mass-produced Rider of the show, kinda like Riotroopers. I think everyone is secretly hoping for a female design, but without any advertisements of it prior to this episode there's little chance anyway.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

So I started watching Operation Overdrive. It's not as bad as I thought it was. Rose is my favorite ranger and she's definitely better than her bland sentai counterpart.

The show gets worse, don't worry. Also, like, halfway through the season is where the music style changes where it becomes that very abstract, amelodic kind of music that just feels uncomfortable. I think they use that through the end of Jungle Furries.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The show gets worse, don't worry. Also, like, halfway through the season is where the music style changes where it becomes that very abstract, amelodic kind of music that just feels uncomfortable. I think they use that through the end of Jungle Furries.

They should have trimmed back some of those villians.

jwk94

Man, gotta say that Will has some impressive morphs compared to the others. I don't like the gap in his teeth though. The "incisions" in Miralax or whatever her name's cuticles aren't attractive either.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guess I'm gonna watch Go-Busters next after I finish Go-Onger tonight.

I've heard mix reviews on it, but I thought I'd give it a chance.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone here watch stuff on a mac with MPlayerX? For whatever reason everything works fine except OT's Shinkenger and MFC's Goseiger, both of which chug.

Defuser

Currently marathoning Zyuranger. Oh lord, Toei really overuse children for this.

But goddamn Burai :*( That was heart tugging.

RIP

Burai > Tommy

WillyFive

I thought Go-Onger had a lot of great ideas, but the dialogue, characters, and story were way too simplistic for me; it was like watching Bob the Builder with explosions.

But man, the music in the show is absolutely wonderful.

lol bringing back the gekiranger vibe this eps. The cg finisher was actually quite good, its shocking!

I don't get how hammer + ball and chain = kung fu though lol.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I thought Go-Onger had a lot of great ideas, but the dialogue, characters, and story were way too simplistic for me; it was like watching Bob the Builder with explosions.

But man, the music in the show is absolutely wonderful.

I agree. I love the go on wings theme.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Maybe it gets bad later on, but the first episode of Go-Busters was smooooth.

And damn, I cried in the last few episodes of Go-Onger
when Kitaneidas and Kegaleshia died

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never really clicked on Go-onger. Too anime-style comedy (then again I prefer Carranger for comedy Sentai), and the Engines are terrible.

ReiGun

Is it me, or do the Kyoryugers get their theme song played during fights way more than most teams. And if so, I can't decide if Toei are just lazy with the music, or if the team is really that brave and strong...

Also, I absolutely love the scenes of kids doing the dance at the end of each episode. It's adorable, and a nice reminder of who the show's real target audience is. Plus, some of them are pretty funny: one week had one where the parents dressed as gabutyra and dricera and danced in the background.

WillyFive

Is it me, or do the Kyoryugers get their theme song played during fights way more than most teams. And if so, I can't decide if Toei are just lazy with the music, or if the team is really that brave and strong...

My guess is that either Sakamoto or the writer loves doing it. Both of them worked on Course, which used the opening theme during various fights (something that almost never happened before on Heisei Rider).

kunonabi

half way through lightspeed rescue. i like the saturday morning cartoon feel. very light and fun. i think i have a new favorite yellow ranger too.

Top Bottom