• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
iIlp7PUxz49lA.gif

Meant the new akiba

Tenumi

Banned
...Well that makes more sense.

So yeah, Akibaranger. Its still a thing. Its also still as weird and fun as ever.
Wonder where this stuff with the hospitalized guy is going...

ZoddGutts

Garo S3 has been better than expected. Been pretty much fast forwarding Wizard since the plot and characters are so damn weak and undeveloped, even Wizard had far more developed characters and story movement.

WillyFive

Akibaranger S2's end game is awesome so far. Great way to tie the whole season together in a bow and link to the first one, while making Malshina just an awesome and competent character.

Tenumi

Banned
Akibaranger S2's end game is awesome so far. Great way to tie the whole season together in a bow and link to the first one, while making Malshina just an awesome and competent character.

Oh so very, very much. My mind is spinning from it, but I'm so pleased by it. Are there one or two episodes left in the season? I remember S1 was 12 episodes, with 13 being a recap.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Admittance: I didn't mind Hibiki post-retool, and I kind of liked Kiriya.

Anyway, now I'm watching Kuga...I really like how different it feels so far, but who knows if that'll last once it hits the slump mid-way like I hear. I struggled to get through Hibiki a lot of times, wasn't a bad show, but I could manage, like, 2 episodes a day before getting a bit bored.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Me! I'm on the lookout for a nice Gokaiger based outfit, preferably a Gokai Red. That Bioman emblem sure looks nice. How was that season?

It's pretty average 80's Sentai, but has some nice team dynamic and their powers are cool.

RedOne%27s_attacks.jpg

It's a literal flaming sword!

vareon

Admittance: I didn't mind Hibiki post-retool, and I kind of liked Kiriya.

Anyway, now I'm watching Kuga...I really like how different it feels so far, but who knows if that'll last once it hits the slump mid-way like I hear. I struggled to get through Hibiki a lot of times, wasn't a bad show, but I could manage, like, 2 episodes a day before getting a bit bored.

The retool wasn't that bad, it's just lacking in what I like from Hibiki initially. Fortunately 30 episodes is enough to establish everything so I still enjoyed the end of the ride. I do think you're the first person who kind of liked Kariya, though!

Incidentally, Kuuga is my second favorite. Enjoy the ride.

Watch Da Birdie

Any Animal Crossing: New Leaf players in here?
1000181_628062967206217_982020209_n.jpg

Just purchased it today. Named my character "Tendou" too, and I'm interested in making some Toku homages...when I gain access to the pattern shop, I'll make Kabuto's logo I guess.

Watch Da Birdie

Man, Kuuga's so 90s...especially the synth music that's kind of creepy.

In fact, this show is legitimately creepy in some parts, like that cringe scene where the Bee Grongi targets that woman and her child as they're getting in a car. I had a slight nightmare last night about it.

In fact, this show is legitimately creepy in some parts, like that cringe scene where the Bee Grongi targets that woman and her child as they're getting in a car. I had a slight nightmare last night about it.

I love the BGM in this show and in Agito. This, coupled with Timeranger and then playing Shenmue in japanese kept me going in 2000.

So, a friend and I watched Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon a few weeks ago; he's going through the entire series to get ready for that new anime that's supposedly coming out, and he wanted to watch PGSM for the sake of being thorough. So far we've watched the initial 48 episode run, and we're about to watch the Act Zero and Special Act specials, which I've never seen before.

I just wanted to ask you all one thing before we watch these specials: are the special effects as plain-looking as the TV show? Because my friend wasn't exactly thrilled with watching sheer bloom and afterimages for the first 20 episodes or so, and if it's the same in the specials I need to figure out how to break it to him gently before we watch them.

fmpanda

So, a friend and I watched Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon a few weeks ago; he's going through the entire series to get ready for that new anime that's supposedly coming out, and he wanted to watch PGSM for the sake of being thorough. So far we've watched the initial 48 episode run, and we're about to watch the Act Zero and Special Act specials, which I've never seen before.

I just wanted to ask you all one thing before we watch these specials: are the special effects as plain-looking as the TV show? Because my friend wasn't exactly thrilled with watching sheer bloom and afterimages for the first 20 episodes or so, and if it's the same in the specials I need to figure out how to break it to him gently before we watch them.

Yeah, for the most part you're pretty much getting the same. There is a cheap CGI render in Special Act though!

If anything, I would watch the Special Act for the True End to the series, then Act Zero for the "Police Hi-jinks". When you see them, you lolololol.

Yeah, for the most part you're pretty much getting the same. There is a cheap CGI render in Special Act though!

If anything, I would watch the Special Act for the True End to the series, then Act Zero for the "Police Hi-jinks". When you see them, you lolololol.

I guess I'll be watching them in release order, then - that's always fun. From what I've read about Act Zero, this seems like it'll either be awesome or awful. Either way, I'm game.

vareon

Kuuga to me was "what if Kamen Rider is living in your world now" situation. The creepy enemies kill, literally for shits and giggles. There are onscreen death. People are sad that their friends and relatives got killed. The police worked their asses to stop it. With all that, Godai looked like a big damn hero and I'm always rooting for him. And he's one of the few Heisei riders who actually trained his kick.

Just watched Akibaranger Season 2 Ep 12

Massive Spoilers

Akibarangers die at the end ;_;

Clip Show for Ep 13. Season 3 please?

Top Bottom