• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, what you guys think?

tumblr_mp2zfxzPRg1sxjdizo1_400.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

Man, that's pretty rad. I haven't really played around with designs much after making myself a Harlock outfit.

tumblr_mowgizAoHE1qmx94go1_400.jpg

It was hard to do...especially keeping the front and back lined up, which I probably skimped on a bit, but you can't notice really in-game.

I wish the tool was a bit more detailed in AC...like a quick copy + paste option to help when you need each side to mirror.

I'm gonna try doing Blade next...that seems a bit hard though, especially the Spade isignia..

Watch Da Birdie

We've got Gaimu!

W8QU6HC.jpg

Guy on the left is also wearing the belt, so probably the Face Actor. Wish I had the FaceBack App to tell who it was.

yami4ct

He's samurai theme, nice. Liking the bronze and the katana in his belt. Now, let's hope they nail the writing. Just based on the design, it looks like we might be in for a goofier rider again. Who know's, though? We've gotten some serious riders with goofy designs.

Watch Da Birdie

He's samurai theme, nice. Liking the bronze and the katana in his belt. Now, let's hope they nail the writing. Just based on the design, it looks like we might be in for a goofier rider again. Who know's, though? We've gotten some serious riders with goofy designs.

It seems to match the rumor about him using swords based on past Riders, as it mentioned the top-knot which you can see slightly on the helmet, and to the left looks to be a white sword (Fourze) and there's that green piece which might be part of the CycloneJoker sword.

yami4ct

It seems to match the rumor about him using swords based on past Riders, as it mentioned the top-knot which you can see slightly on the helmet, and to the left looks to be a white sword (Fourze) and there's that green piece which might be part of the CycloneJoker sword.

An anniversary Rider? I'd be all for it if they pull it off well and don't completely blow it like Decade.

WillyFive

He looks remarkably un-toy like, at least from the back. Ever since OOO, the Riders started to look like action figures; but this one looks just like a legit Samurai. Are we sure it's him?

hope they can get good fight choreography out of that clunky looking suit o_O

lol... you know, has there been a main rider of recent that didn't have a sword of some type?

All I know is if this guy dual wields hyper kabuto's sword + fourze's final form sword... i might squee.

vareon

He looks remarkably un-toy like, at least from the back. Ever since OOO, the Riders started to look like action figures; but this one looks just like a legit Samurai. Are we sure it's him?

This. I like his looks, but are we sure this aren't one of those local Japan heroes? I know there are several of them.

yami4ct

This. I like his looks, but are we sure this aren't one of those local Japan heroes? I know there are several of them.

From what I've seen translated from Japanese commentators, it seems that was a possibility. The thing that's always mentioned, though, is that there is no mention of a new hero in that area and the suit looks way too nice to be a local hero. We shall see. I like him too, so I hope he's real.

jwk94

Man, loving Operation Overdrive so far. The cast is pretty likable. Only thing I don't like is the CG but I've never been a CG fan when it comes to Kamen Rider/Sentai/PR.

Watch Da Birdie

In the 4chan thread, there's a guy who seems pretty authentic...showed a timestamp of his Japanese passport, seems really knowledgeable, who's claiming the theme this year is "fruit", which has been brought up previously. Apparently it's punning off budou (martial arts and/or grapes).

Watch Da Birdie

This is a summary of what the 4ch dude said...

Things that I'm certain of.
>OP image is Gaimu
>The face is similar to Faiz
>There's a clear samurai motif, Date Masamune especially. See OP image, you can vaguely see the famous Date crescent style helmet.
>Jumpei Shiokawa is working on the show, just some random assistant director. See >>9278716
>Takebe is the producer
>Starts October
>Gaimu uses fruits
>Belt has a short sword

Things that I'm not sure about.
>Eyes were red, possibly change with his different forms. I only saw the face for a short second, all I could think of was Date Masamune at first.
>One of the main cast is born 1996.
>Forms were called XX之系 (XX no kei)? 之 is like の but archaic. Kei is basically style. XX Style.
Don't quote me on the last part, I've been so busy lately. If you know anything about Japanese work ethic, it's fucking insane. I've been mixing up things lately.

I'm 100% certain there are fruits. I remember some co-worker saying バナナ (banana) as a pun on バカな (silly) when we first heard of the fruits. We don't really work with Kamen Rider, but things spread around in the building.

The previous rumor mentioned a "touch screen belt", so maybe it really was inspired by Fruit Ninja if true. :0

jwk94

ib2pnLA0M2br3h.gif

Man, Will got the worst beating in Once A Ranger. I love how Flurious just went in after Will bounced off the door.

Love how Xander tries to talk it out with the Chillers. I really have to go back and watch Mystic Force sometime. Didn't like what I saw of it last time but who knows, might be good.

Tyzon: When you were seven, before you went off to college, what'd you eat for breakfast?

God, I love this season.

EDIT:
Sometimes, I feel as if Tyzon should be a host for a toddler's program on Nick. His personality at times seems so...peppy and clueless.

This is a summary of what the 4ch dude said...

The previous rumor mentioned a "touch screen belt", so maybe it really was inspired by Fruit Ninja if true. :0

As soon as I mentioned the rumor about the fruit, my friend said that it was a Fruit Ninja ripoff. I gotta ask him how he came up with that, because apparently he operates on the same wavelength as Toei execs.

I guess this is in line with their habit of making shows based on other popular shows or movies. I wonder if there's a chance of getting a Gaimu skin for Fruit Ninja if this whole thing is legit?

WillyFive

I can deal with wirefu, and explosions. But it is the slomo and exstended "Argggh!!!"s that get me.

Yep. It makes the Kalish seasons (like OO) unwatchable for me. The obnoxious presentation and yelling characters outside of fight scenes also make my head hurt.

Slayven

Yep. It makes the Kalish seasons (like OO) unwatchable for me. The obnoxious presentation and yelling characters outside of fight scenes also make my head hurt.

And the hardon for shoving bikes into the series.

But Dragon Yoyo beats any sentai powerup. Real talk.

shaowebb

Wow...that new female rider looks male as all get out in costume. Seriously, its so rare we get the opportunity to see a Rider designed to look female and they waste the chance this time around...sad. Especially given the suit designer of this show!

That adds even more notches to why Wizard has let me down. Best things in the show is the belt, Grendel and Phoenix. Needs more Shabadoobie...needs less everyone else. God I wish this series had a protagonist as interesting as Hino Eiji or Shotaro to carry it.

Cmon Gaimu...save me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
In the 4chan thread, there's a guy who seems pretty authentic...showed a timestamp of his Japanese passport, seems really knowledgeable, who's claiming the theme this year is "fruit", which has been brought up previously. Apparently it's punning off budou (martial arts and/or grapes).

Fruits?

I'm out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's also someone saying the theme is "healthy eating" and is a comedy series, but it doesn't seem to be the same guy.

I'm...I'm not sure how I'd feel about being taught in Kamen Rider.

Yeah, I dunno...I feel like Kamen Rider has lost me over these past couple years. Toei is clearly going in a different direction than they had been with OOO and previous. And it's really not a direction I care much for, sadly.

Slayven

Wow...that new female rider looks male as all get out in costume. Seriously, its so rare we get the opportunity to see a Rider designed to look female and they waste the chance this time around...sad. Especially given the suit designer of this show!

That adds even more notches to why Wizard has let me down. Best things in the show is the belt, Grendel and Phoenix. Needs more Shabadoobie...needs less everyone else. God I wish this series had a protagonist as interesting as Hino Eiji or Shotaro to carry it.

Cmon Gaimu...save me.

Toei made those movie suits and had to get their money's worth

Articalys

The video says it was posted on the 27th, and I even checked back a couple pages to see if it was mentioned since then, which it wasn't, but now I see there are a few youtube links that go to private videos -- so it was uploaded by someone or some group before but taken down? Who the hell does that?

Whatever, I'll just stay out of the thread then.

WillyFive

The video says it was posted on the 27th, and I even checked back a couple pages to see if it was mentioned since then, which it wasn't, but now I see there are a few youtube links that go to private videos -- so it was uploaded by someone or some group before but taken down? Who the hell does that?

Whatever, I'll just stay out of the thread then.

No, that's good. That means TokuGAF is growing! (It's growing! It's growing!)

kamen rider wizard fourze ultimatum movie

lol. They really did make haruto ridiculously OP. Some really nice fight choreography all around. suited and unsuited.

iy79FEUaiFYT7.gif

irhpEkHv2bPNq.gif

You know... thinking back, Infinity is like the first ring haruto got that wasn't created specifically by white wizard. Wonder if that's gonna be key to stopping his plan.

Watch Da Birdie

The movie doesn't have that much dialouge really so TV-N didn't bother me, it's pretty much filled with long fight-scenes.

The un-suit fights were cool, but why would the Riders not transform right away? Like they spend 10 minutes fighting the baddies unsuited until reinforcement shows up to help them.

WillyFive

The movie doesn't have that much dialouge really so TV-N didn't bother me, it's pretty much filled with long fight-scenes.

The un-suit fights were cool, but why would the Riders not transform right away? Like they spend 10 minutes fighting the baddies unsuited until reinforcement shows up to help them.

Sakamoto loves unmorphed fight scenes, even when it makes no sense. When let loose, like in RPM and the Accel movie, he will have a ton of fight scenes without the characters ever morphing.

Top Bottom