• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

There really hasn't been that many riders/sentai that have any kind of limited amount of energy for their suits and those tend to be the more interesting ones.

Usually at worst you get smacked out of your suits, but then you just need a nice speech and then you can henshin again.

Haruto unsuit fighting looks hilarious. Hotpants aren't really what people wear to do butterfly kicks lol.

jwk94

HOLY SHIT! Operation Overdrive was perfectly fine. It's an enjoyable series. I didn't mind Tyzon, I didn't even mind Mack being an Android. But his fuckin attitude to his father afterwards is so stupid. I understand dude is mad. Hell, I'd be angry too. But this has gone on for 4 episodes. FOUR EPISODES. He needs to get over it already! Anyway, almost done. Not sure which season I should watch next.

isny

napkin dispenser
Really? Really?

Sigh...and I'm so broke now.

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/06/sdcc-exclusive-24k-gold-plated-legacy-morpher-revealed.html

power+morpher+green+white.jpg

WillyFive

i5WTZEMv8dWwu.gif

I like that TVN just went straight to the DC version of the movie. The movie itself is not as good as Megamax, but better than stuff like Core. Wizard part dragged on but had the best fights.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, I find it weird that this one was rather long for their subs. I mean, I don't recall hearing news of trouble in their group.

I don't even know what boss doggies avatar is anymore.

The movie's end was the best shit out of any kr movie ever. Haruto is way more enjoyable in this film than his show too. Some actual emotions and humor and w/e. If we break it down, he really is the most OP rider atm right?

One that actually knows some martial arts and has crazy amount of forms that are all strong.

I don't think any monster has overpowered either his all dragon or infinity form yet, which is pretty rare for KR this late.

You know, what ever happen to magic being a finite source for him? Think the writers forgot lol.

Slayven

The movie's end was the best shit out of any kr movie ever. Haruto is way more enjoyable in this film than his show too. Some actual emotions and humor and w/e. If we break it down, he really is the most OP rider atm right?

One that actually knows some martial arts and has crazy amount of forms that are all strong.

I don't think any monster has overpowered either his all dragon or infinity form yet, which is pretty rare for KR this late.

You know, what ever happen to magic being a finite source for him? Think the writers forgot lol.
Yaoized Moby Lick?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Honestly, if someone with fighting experience or strategy got ahold of fourze, that person would be broken as all hell. Fourze as a rider had quite a bit of wasted potential

Honestly, if someone with fighting experience or strategy got ahold of fourze, that person would be broken as all hell. Fourze as a rider had quite a bit of wasted potential

which is funny because gentaro does fight with some flash unsuited.

Huge missed opportunity for Wizard is, a person has 5 fingers, wear 5 rings to allow quick form changing and what not, but i guess that would make him too OP.

which is funny because gentaro does fight with some flash unsuited.

Huge missed opportunity for Wizard is, a person has 5 fingers, wear 5 rings to allow quick form changing and what not, but i guess that would make him too OP.

Well, Wizard's a magician/sorcerer/monk, not an archer. It's also easier to get all four fingers over the Wizard Driver than it is to get that pesky digit onto it.

I've been trying to catch up to this week's episode of Wizard to see why you guys are so disappointed. I'm not quite done yet, but I think I've finally figured out what's been bothering me about Wizard all this time: the staff's not making good use of the two-parter format.

I get why they put so much emphasis on the victims of the Phantoms (loss of hope is a unique sort of hope, different people react to it in different ways, etc.), but if the staff wanted to go into so much detail with those victims, they should have cut some slack out of another part of the new formula that they've developed; they could have definitely cut down on the teaser fights for every other episode, for example, or maybe they could have skimmed some of the comedy bits out.

Additionally, I feel like the show would have been tighter if they had structured it like Blade or Den-O - layering the build up for different plot points between each other and resolving them independently, rather than hitting every point one after the other. That worked for Fourze (which my aforementioned friend and I have been watching, he loves it btw) because all of the side stuff introduced in any given episode spills over into the main story within the same episode. It doesn't work for Wizard because everything's compartmentalized, and the show takes way too long to cover all the different parts of the story that have been set up. At the rate they're going I can sense a rushed ending on the horizon, even at episode 30.

That's the only thing that bugs me about the show, oddly enough. I'm OK with everything else.

WillyFive

Anyone watched BIMA Satria Garuda ep 1 yet? Is it decent?

I thought it was very boring, and the production values felt like I was watching Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. The opening scene was good, but the rest of the episode (and plot) had nothing that stood out (other than it being Indonesian). Some of the villain suit design and fights were quite nice, though.

vareon

Anyone watched BIMA Satria Garuda ep 1 yet? Is it decent?

Acting is horrible and the plot had no hook, but some of the fights were nice and I really like the suits. Production value will look a bit low, but it's actually a million times ahead of what our country has produced all these years. The first wave of toys are quite promoted, but there are some distribution problems so my city didn't have it yet.

Also, the opening song was sung by a popular mainstream band, so I hope it attracts more crowds other than the anime/toku fandom.

NeonZ

The dragon forms are supposed to give more magic to him, not cost magic. They've contradicted themselves once or twice since then though, but that's the main reason magic supply shouldn't be much of a problem for Haruto now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Next year's Movie Wars...

Wizard and Gaimu are getting beaten down by what Ishinomori character they adapt as the villain, when suddenly Eiji shows up.

"I just got back from Indonesia, and met a new friend..."

Then he transforms into BuraKaWani as Bima Satria Garuda flies down from the sky.

The dragon forms are supposed to give more magic to him, not cost magic. They've contradicted themselves once or twice since then though, but that's the main reason magic supply shouldn't be much of a problem for Haruto now.

so like naruto. There really doesn't seem to be any sideeffect to it lol. Wonder why haruto got it good while lionboy has it so bad. Have to eat phantoms constantly and a shitty final form.

shaowebb

So...just watched Fourze/Wizard movie ultimatum.

I regret everything. Only cool thing was Inazuman coming back for his 40th anniversary. Id watch a show with that crew. Is it going to be a thing?

EDIT: Also Kamen Teacher?
Had me at GTO.

NeonZ

I regret everything. Only cool thing was Inazuman coming back for his 40th anniversary. Id watch a show with that crew. Is it going to be a thing?

No. New Inazuman and Fourze team up in the final battle of SHT Z, but that's it. These Ishinomori revivals were done just because the movie producers thought they'd be nice homages and could get interest on the movie, they weren't intended to actually revive any of the franchises. The upcoming Kikaider project is probably the only exception. Still, none of the last few movies did well, so I think they'll stop throwing random Ishinomori heroes (or villains based on past heroes) into Rider movies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hyper Beast is the most disappointing powerup since Birthday. I don't even know what gave them the tassel idea.

Becausw it should be used to get shit done, but is instead brought out when beast needs his ass kicked. Meanwhile infinity is shining all over the damn place

Tenumi

Banned
Slowly making my way through Jetman, along with RPM. Watched episode 7 of Jetman, and all I can say is: Ryu's granny is Badass.

Slayven

Haruto actually was pretty cool in the movie. He had that playiful rogue thing he had in the beginning of wizard. Before everyone got bored.

jwk94

Man, Magna Defender's backstory. I don't remember seeing the full thing as a kid. That was depressing. I heard Leo's actor had some bad blood with PR after Lost Galaxy what's the story behind that?

The way Kendrix is running makes this scene so horrible.

shaowebb

Felt so disgusted with Wizard I went back and watched some more Blade...

v8u3VZU.jpg

...and episode 14 was better in one episode than most of the entirety of Wizard combined (Grendel and Phoenix are in a league of their own and their special 2 parters will always be great.)

It was the episode where brainwashed roid raged Tachibana (Garren) beat the Category Ace then came off the drug to break his mind control. Then Sayako died and that was all for his love interest and everything for his character to FINALLY get over his fears and start kicking ass on his own without the drugs. Show is fucking great.

Top Bottom